+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New DPS Parser

Cool New DPS Parser

Just released a combatlog parser that tracks DPS. It has a working overlay and uses approx. 1/6th the resources full parsers use. Perfect for people with slower CPUs playing Rift. Screenshots and download available on the website below! Any feedback through email, forums, or even in-game would be appreciated!!

ARP - Automated Rift Parser:
    http://pfot.kon5ept.com/arp.php

Guild homepage:
    http://pockets-rift.com
    Aedraxis Defiant

Rift Disciple

is this a tool to watch the dps of people in your group so you can kick those not giving enough dps ?

sounds a bit **** to me , like for home mums that play and have to go sort the baby a sec mid combat, they will get booted for not giving enough dps .

Default Yes and no

It's mainly a tool for yourself, but you can also type other players names into the box to track them as well. why so much hate?
    Last edited by Excision; 05-10-2011 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kooshjdin View Post
    is this a tool to watch the dps of people in your group so you can kick those not giving enough dps ?

sounds a bit **** to me , like for home mums that play and have to go sort the baby a sec mid combat, they will get booted for not giving enough dps .
    Are you really that sensitive? Really??

Its for people to gauge themselves and improve their play, some people like to do what they do well.

I really hope this works for me, I haven't been able to get any of those full parsers to work yet! >

Will try later on tonight!
    Vae Victis

Rift Disciple

Well, this is one scenario but I use a parser to check what my dps is with various rotations, both single target and AE. Using the parser this way I have found rotations I like and I have dropped spells from my rotation to maximize my own dps. And while I do use it to compare the dps of the group members, I have never used it in Rift as a basis to 'kick' someone and only once used a dps meter as a reason to kick someone in WoW and they weren't even doing 1/10th of the dps the others were doing even after we tried to help them.

Rift Chaser

You do know there are already parsers out, right? Mostly players use them for feedback on their own numbers, not other player's. After all, I can change what I'm doing based on the feedback I get. a_Random_Groupmate_00 doesn't need to be lern't how to play his class every run, you'll piss them off and spend hours doing it.

That said, I will happily kick the rogue at the bottom of the DPS chart. You don't need to be 1337, but you'd better pull your own. Last night I ran RD with a warrior DPS that didn't go over 80dps... Ever. That's good info for me as I won't be inviting that player to groups because that's just pathetic. He's not worth the loot he took from our tank.

Personally I'm always interested in apps with a smaller footprint, though you're going to have a hard time pulling me from ACT (been using it for years). Thanks, OP! I'm interested to see what others who use this have to say.
    Last edited by FuseAQM; 05-10-2011 at 09:22 AM.

Telaran

this seems like just the sort of app i was looking for. kudos to the OP for posting it

Default Yeop

hope you find it useful. email me if you find any bugs or have any questions. webmaster@kon5ept.com

Quote Originally Posted by Excision View Post
    It's mainly a tool for yourself, but you can also type other players names into the box to track them as well. why so much hate?
    Because 3rd party programs are against the EULA?

Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu View Post
    no, they're not, unless they allow automation. So you can use Ventrillo without breaking the eula, or any of the live combat log parsers.

Rift Chaser

It doesn't interact with Rift at all, it reads a combat log that Rift makes readily available to be read. If dev's didnt want combat trackers they could easily disable it by locking out the /combatlog command.

There are already parsers out there and accepted by Trion (ACT, RiftJunkies). As much as I don't like them, they haven't been banned by Trion.

It's a keylogger.

Default ?

RJparse and ACT are against the EULA?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast