+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 49

Thread: New DPS Parser

  1. #31
    Plane Walker Kojiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu View Post
    Precisely.
    When people want to discredit a program they just call it a keylogger even if they never downloaded it.

  2. #32
    Champion Auden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    588

    Default

    It is a fact that players that object to a dps meter are horrible at this game, and are the players you want to steer clear of.



    Also, I would kick those anti-posters from this thread from my groups just based on the personality that they display from their post.


    Kudos to developing a simpler combat parser.

  3. #33
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    366

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Auden View Post
    It is a fact that players that object to a dps meter are horrible at this game, and are the players you want to steer clear of.



    Also, I would kick those anti-posters from this thread from my groups just based on the personality that they display from their post.


    Kudos to developing a simpler combat parser.
    I've met just as many players running parsers who weren't any good, or were complete elitists jerks that I wouldn't group with. Some people don't understand them, but the people who hate those people are just as bad, if not worse. lol

  4. #34
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    366

    Default

    Looking at the page, it says it only parses out of combat? I'm confused here. ACT is able to update it's mini-parse continually throughout an encounter. I'm no programmer, but I could see how not actively parsing during combat would be faster but I don't get why you say you're not able to.

    Also, what number are you putting out when it does parse? Is that exit dps or average?
    Last edited by FuseAQM; 05-10-2011 at 12:48 PM.

  5. #35
    Champion of Telara xeshaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,248

    Default

    if you don't want to use it, just SHUT IT! Nobody cares what you think about parsers.
    Last edited by xeshaka; 05-10-2011 at 12:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Effi View Post
    I have seen the desecrations they have done, the murders they have wrought, and it can be no sin to be the hand of justice.

  6. #36
    Ascendant Gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,549

    Default

    parsers are fine. also: EVERYTHING HAPPENS ON THE SAME SERVER! act like an idiot and hello endless queue because you made the server's #1 spot on the ignore list.
    Last edited by Gray; 05-10-2011 at 01:05 PM.

  7. #37
    Soulwalker Excision's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    21

    Default This is how it works

    It logs total damage and total pet damage then divides that by total seconds in combat.

    It logs total number of seconds in combat by taking all of these lines:
    "XX:XX:XX: Combat Start" and "XX:XX:XX: Combat End".

    I convert each XX:XX:XX to seconds. Then add them all together. Then subtract Combat Start from Combat end. This gives me the total seconds in combat.

    damage / seconds in combat = dps

    When your in combat there is no "XX:XX:XX: Combat End" line to read from yet. So once that is available it includes the new results.

    The resources consumed are small mainly because i programmed it in C# and it's parsing less pointless information out of the lines. RJparse is programmed in JAVA which rapes your resources.

    I had it displaying other information about your encounter but it was just pointless so I decided to make it exclusively DPS instead.

    It uses GDI to display the "Purple DPS Meter" so it is flicker free. And if people become interested i'll develop the program further.
    Last edited by Excision; 05-10-2011 at 02:30 PM.

  8. #38
    Rift Disciple Mourbid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    126

    Default

    Did you consider HPS (Healing Per Second) as one of the pointless things or were you going to look in to adding that? I actually don't heal but I know guildies look at that kind of thing when they heal so I was curious.

  9. #39
    Shield of Telara Morcova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu View Post
    Because 3rd party programs are against the EULA?
    The only 3rd party programs that was against the TOS are the ones that change game play.

    This doesn't change game play.

  10. #40
    Shield of Telara Morcova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rydeson View Post
    I have to laugh each time someone says they only need the dps meter for themselves.. It's like Bin Ladin saying he only needs the AK-47 for sand crabs.. Yeah.. whatever.. lol
    I guess to some the idea that there are people out there who want to actually excel at this game is laughable.

  11. #41
    Sword of Telara Dazee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morcova View Post
    I guess to some the idea that there are people out there who want to actually excel at this game is laughable.
    Some people don't get that everyone doesn't play the game the same way, for the same reasons... apparently that is supposedly upsetting? Who knows.


    Nerf PAPER,
    SCISSORS are fine.

    Signed,
    ROCK

  12. #42
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    930

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Excision View Post
    Just released a combatlog parser that tracks DPS. It has a working overlay and uses approx. 1/6th the resources full parsers use. Perfect for people with slower CPUs playing Rift. Screenshots and download available on the website below! Any feedback through email, forums, or even in-game would be appreciated!!
    Only feedback from me is that yes, while I can understand the motiviations behind it this type of single minded DPS focus is exactly the reason the parser debate has raged for so long.

    I will stick with my comprehensive parsers which give me a lot of useful information, not just one cherry picked stat. That, to me, gives me a better idea of what the situation is as I can even drill down into individual abilities, see what was used and so forth and what gave me the best contribution in that specific scenario.

    That, to me, is much more useful than a simple DPS number. However, kudos for feeding the beast and putting some effort into something for Rift.
    Isz on other, unreleased MMOs :

    "Enjoy buying another $60 box for forum access to the next thing to complain about"
    About right, ayuh.

  13. #43
    Soulwalker Excision's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    21

    Default Ok

    Because i've had a few private messages about including HPS, I will add that. However I won't be adding anything else. (:

  14. #44
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    parsers are fine. also: EVERYTHING HAPPENS ON THE SAME SERVER! act like an idiot and hello endless queue because you made the server's #1 spot on the ignore list.
    So... Someone who gets bad rng and gets all the stuns in a fight will get kicked and ignored, and you will pass around his name so he gets ignored by others too...

    This may not be your intention but it is what people will do.. they will post his/her worst case scenario on the chat channels to ridicule him/herand take it completely out of context.. Most of the people who use these are in it for the epeen boost which wil include making others look bad.. especially if they are bad themselves.

    The idea of this is not bad but if you could remove the baility to look at others I would support it wholeheartedly as otherwise its just fuel for the true bads that plague high end raiding as they can hapily hit the right numbers but take no notice of whats going on unless they have things that shout them out to them.

    Those that consider Keyboard turning bad, and (some) skill clicking are pretty much as bad... They make these things out to be the wost of the worst.. whereas I know some who do both these things and perform much better than some who maybe have hotkeyed everything and cant keep track.

    I personally keyboard turn.. I cant fo rthe life of me work out how you can Heal well wihour full control of your mouse at all times.. I backpedal for positioning only and know how to move better than a lot of non keyboard turners that i have played with.. (strafe is your friend). I use everything i have to benefit me in my game and I have found keyboard turning, at least for healing, is by way and far the best way. For tanking, backpedaling is almost a way of life as turning your back on a boss is pretty much the worst thing you can do.

    so in that paragraph I have pulled apat your statements and preconceived ideaas and proven that thsoe who denounce these palystyles are the true baddies as they dont realise the benefit of using these tools are to high performance gaming.

    Before you state the speed of movement.. If the speed is required then using the mouse to turn is not in doubt and although claimed as a keyboard turner I do not negate the fact i CAN use the mouse for turning.. I just dont use it as the primary means.. as i would rather keep the control of healing.SO you may declaim me as a bad player.. yet i have probably achieved twice as much as you have as i know how to best play the game to my personal preference not just what people tell me.

  15. #45
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Excision View Post
    Because i've had a few private messages about including HPS, I will add that. However I won't be adding anything else. (:
    Wow really?... umm.. HPS is an arbitrary figure that says nothing about how good your spec is working. Why would anyone need to know it? Thsi seems purely epeen factor and is basically a spearhead of the anti meter crowd.

    (btw hps means nothing if the damage isnt taken, and means nothing if the tank dies during your long heals)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts