+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Get rid of PvE quests in Warfronts - PvE Players are ruining it for the PvP'ers

Plane Touched

Default Get rid of PvE quests in Warfronts - PvE Players are ruining it for the PvP'ers

As the topic suggests, get rid of PvE quests in PvP Warfronts.

People taking up spaces that have no intentions of PvP'ing shouldn't have any incentive to be in there.

Quit letting them ruin our Warfronts!

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by voidtek1969 View Post

People taking up spaces that have no intentions of PvP'ing shouldn't have any incentive to be in there.

Don't join port scion. Easy!

How about you go kill the people doing the quests? The quests are designed to encourage pvp. They aren't so much "quests" as they are objectives.

In no way would a team that just quested ever beat a team that ran shards from the church while controlling the bridge.

All of that is PvP via scenario. The only thing "PvE" in port scion are strategically placed mobs. These mobs force teams/players to create a strategy on how to best handle them. This encourage a more robust PvP system.

Port Scion is my favorite map because of this.

So, I say the opposite. Remove ignorant PvPers from the warfronts.
    Looking for a mature, casual guild focused on having fun?
    Ravens of Memory
    Guardians on Shatterbone

I am sorry didn't know they were your warfronts. Maybe you should start suing for trespass on your property.
    Quote Originally Posted by Viln View Post

PvP is a test of manhood and most of you will fail.

They should just get rid of PVP all together!!! That would take away 95% of the people bi*ching on the forums! :P

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Drenai View Post
    So, I say the opposite. Remove ignorant PvPers from the warfronts.
    Shush you. Don't bring logic and reason into a PvP-related thread. We know some of them want objective driven PvP, but not this. This has objectives. And people to kill. Can't have that.
    Isz on other, unreleased MMOs :

"Enjoy buying another $60 box for forum access to the next thing to complain about"
    About right, ayuh.

D_B
    Champion

They are *MY* Warfronts too. Not *YOURS*. *OURS*.
    As such, I have to point out a few things about Port Scion that you might not have noticed...
    1) Those quests reward reputation with a faction that requires you to spend favor in order to make purchases. This means those quests are clearly *PVP QUESTS*.
    2) Port Scion itself is not a "Pure PVP" Warfront, because of the amount of mobs involved in order to win. 3 out of the 4 "PVE Quests" involves killing mobs you will inevitably kill over the course of doing the things it takes to win the match, and handing in/picking up the quests happens very naturally as you run shards.

Now, if anything, I will agree that the "collect relics" quest is sort of counter-intuitive, because some "I hate PVP and don't want to participate" players will run around trying to do that instead of actually fighting. I'd even support removing that *ONE* quest from the map, because it does feel "not PVP centric". Even better, I'd love for the items to be removed from the map and the quest reworked so you loot those items from enemy PLAYERS. That would totally solve the only real issue the quests in Port Scion exhibit.

Finally, as someone that loves fighting players *AND* running PVE almost equally, I can assure you that encouraging good players to participate in both elements is important, because it's the only reason some people will every *TRY* PVP in the first place. Posts like the OP's in this thread will turn new players away from PVP faster than anything else in all the world, and getting them to see how much fun it can be is the *ONLY* cure short of finding a way to just make folks like the OP learn to shut up... and obviously that cannot happen, because no matter how much you try to reason with them they just spew more hate.
    Last edited by D_B; 05-10-2011 at 02:35 AM.
    Players that ask to raid and then don't pay attention to the raid and cause wipes confuse me. Why bother? Players that join Warfronts and don't bother trying to win so they can "just have fun" running amuck randomly confuse me even more. When one joins a team, their lack of effort hurts all of those on that team. Why waste all those people's time? Don't they have better things to do than let someone selfishly run about and cost them time from their lives?
    "But it's only a game. I am having fun!"
    *facepalm*

I rolled an alt and the new thing in the 10-19 warfronts is to bash anyone below 17 for being in there. "Go level!" they say. Pretty pathetic you kids qq over such stupid crap.

Tell you what buddy, when you pay my sub you can suggest I do or not do something in this game. You WoW era elitists are really bringing mmos down.

D_B
    Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Mako482 View Post
    I rolled an alt and the new thing in the 10-19 warfronts is to bash anyone below 17 for being in there. "Go level!" they say. Pretty pathetic you kids qq over such stupid crap.
    I have seen that all the way into the 30-39 bracket as I leveled alts. The stupidest thing is, when you ask them if the buff is not enough to help compensate, or if they think it scales poorly, they never seem to know what you are even talking about.
    "What buff? You are too low level to be here so we are losing!"

...the fact someone 5 levels lower can frequently match their HP and hit for just as much damage (especially with people using PVE leveling specs in most cases) just does not register.

Humanity is clearly doomed, with this kind of attitude being predominate.
    Players that ask to raid and then don't pay attention to the raid and cause wipes confuse me. Why bother? Players that join Warfronts and don't bother trying to win so they can "just have fun" running amuck randomly confuse me even more. When one joins a team, their lack of effort hurts all of those on that team. Why waste all those people's time? Don't they have better things to do than let someone selfishly run about and cost them time from their lives?
    "But it's only a game. I am having fun!"
    *facepalm*

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Mako482 View Post

Tell you what buddy, when you pay my sub you can suggest I do or not do something in this game. You WoW era elitists are really bringing mmos down.
    Never played WoW. I come from a long lineage of pure PvP family.

None of this scraggily PvE nonsense you newer players are bringing in.

Ascendant

Get rid of PvE quests in Warfronts - PvE Queens are ruining it for the PvP'ers
    Because being gratuitously offensive is a good way to go about getting your requests taken seriously.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by D_B View Post
    "What buff? You are too low level to be here so we are losing!"
    It is amusing though. The ones that complain the loudest in a Warfront are usually the ones with no objective related impact, low damage and low healing output. They're generally the ones that suck the worst and it's as if they're trying to cover for their own inadequacy.
    Isz on other, unreleased MMOs :

"Enjoy buying another $60 box for forum access to the next thing to complain about"
    About right, ayuh.

Never played WoW. I come from a long lineage of pure PvP family.

None of this scraggily PvE nonsense you newer players are bringing in.
    Lol

The only real and constant PVP you get is in warfront otherwise Rift is predominantly a PVE game so for someone who belongs to a lineage of pure PVP family you are in wrong MMO your highness.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerin View Post
    Because being gratuitously offensive is a good way to go about getting your requests taken seriously.

He can say whatever he wants because he belongs to lineage of pure PVP family.
    Last edited by Gordan; 05-10-2011 at 02:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Viln View Post

PvP is a test of manhood and most of you will fail.

Plane Touched

PvE'ers have the entire rest of the game to play in. Leave the PvP to the PvP'ers.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLee View Post
    They should just get rid of PVP all together!!! That would take away 95% of the people bi*ching on the forums! :P
    ^^ This, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLee View Post
    You may be kidding, but I wish it would happen. Just one good PvE game with no PvPers in sight. Would be a slice of heaven.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast