+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Dying right when Zone Boss does and you don't get any credit for his kill

Soulwalker

Default Dying right when Zone Boss does and you don't get any credit for his kill

Trion I have to ask why is that?

That's happened to me twice and tonight it was the most aggravating. And it wasn't just me who got hosed either.

While in the 20+ Zone the "Visions of Future Past" popped and everyone in the zone raced to do it. Eventually we complete all the preliminaries and "Alsbeth" shows up. Of course with his powers he kills a number of us repeatedly (especially us up close and personal tanks), but just as I get killed he gets taken down by the rest of the zone raid.

And I'm happy until........

About me and 10-15 other players release and return on to realize that everyone who was dead when he went down got nothing!

The last time it happened with another boss I thought, Hmm maybe because I released before he actually died that's why I got nothing. So this time I waited since he was about something like 1600 hp away from dying and so many were pounding on him. When he died I counted to 10 and released and when I got back to my body.... And still got nothing.

Why is that! Why is such a bug in the game?

There is another where if you roll on an item and you go more than "X" distance from where you were when you roll, and if you win it, it literally disappears off into the cosmos never to be seen again because you were out of range. Also found that one the hard way when I moved to a different, but close by, rift and the plate I wanted never arrived to my pack.

But that isn't nearly as irritating as dying like 7 times only to get "nothing" but a 5 plannar crystals for a boss battle.

Yep, that sure was sweet.

Makes me wonder why I keep trying to bang my head on the table over and over again.

Plane Touched

Completed Visons of Future Past about 40 minutes ago.

Killed Harbigner

No credit

Invasions rifts continue to spawn Major Invasions

Rapeage commences

Event still has not timed out

Quote Originally Posted by Lightbane View Post

Killed Harbigner

No credit

Rapeage commences

Same here. In addition, closed major rifts didn't count for Endless questline. I was so happy, I went to play a guardian .
    The Guardians are short sighted zealots who refuse to see the bigger picture, and the Defiant are so focused on the bigger picture that they take enormous risks.
    -- Renashin

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Lightbane View Post

Killed Harbigner

No credit

Rapeage commences

Thanks, I hate to say that given so many of us who got hosed by the time investment, but at least I know it wasn't because I died "this" time.

But those two are really irritating bugs. One where you get no "major"credit if you die. And tanks die when they try to pull all the aggro to keep the rest of the group alive. Especially when the rift spawns extra rovers and someone in the raid goes "Hey gotta get those too", while there are already 8-10 beating on you.

And the other where if you move out of range and you win a drop you don't get it, or at least I never have when I've won. The system just drops it off the face of the planet.

But at least I don't feel as bad since I wasn't the only one. That sounds sad, really really sad, but it did make me feel a touch better to read I wasn't the only one last night to see that bug.

Don't die... Fixed it for ya!

Nerf PAPER,
    SCISSORS are fine.

Signed,
    ROCK

Rift Disciple

dazee must think he or she has a real great sense of humor, answers like that just show me how low of an IQ some of the rift players have.

Soulwalker

I'm confused as to what you're not getting? sourceshards? I've left invasions midway through to go into an instance and when the invasion is complete I still get the shard... achievements? Not every invasion has an achievement tied to it anyway... any Major/Epic invasion doesn't that I've seen and any new invasions from RoS don't as well... though I think this may be what you mean as if you do die sometimes I recall not getting the achievement even from ones that do offer them.... but you're still not being very clear...

I'm not really doubting what you're saying is legitimate, I'm just not getting what "credit" you're expecting from your post...

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Bearmug View Post
    Same here. In addition, closed major rifts didn't count for Endless questline. I was so happy, I went to play a guardian .
    Happened to me with the Hag in Gloamwood. So going to Guardian is not going to get you away from the problems.

Quote Originally Posted by langhi View Post
    dazee must think he or she has a real great sense of humor, answers like that just show me how low of an IQ some of the rift players have.
    What did that post have to do with my IQ?

Nerf PAPER,
    SCISSORS are fine.

Signed,
    ROCK

This happened to me once and I was upset because I thought I didn't get credit due to being dead when the boss died. Then when the same invasion happened again on a different day, I was alive when the boss died but still no credit. I think that particular invasion (the Harbinger one) is bugged.

In summary, being dead doesn't matter as long as you contributed somehow.

This has happened to me before as well.

"Prince of Earth" in Shimmersand to be exact. I died, of course, and was in the process of ghosting back to my corpse when the boss died. I got no credit whatsoever.

I've petitioned a GM and sent a ticket to CS. Still no answer.

I ask that a dev or at the very least a CS rep to look into why this is happening.

Thanks.

12.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #12
    Rift Team

Thanks guys, this is an issue with the event in question which we'll have fixed in the next hotfix - specifically that defeating the boss doesn't actually end the event - thereby preventing you from being rewarded for the event's completion.

Being dead should never prevent you from being rewarded for participating in rift or invasion content.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by langhi View Post
    Awww, somebody is easily offended! That's cute.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Dazee View Post
    Don't die... Fixed it for ya!
    Dazee I could also not play and thus I also would now die either.

Sooo.... how does either idea suggestion actually help?

Sorry I was asking other folks to see if they were also having the same problem, and someone from Trion answered that.

But your flippant answer wasn't really helpful to be honest.

It was almost like you were trying to be both funny and insulting. If that wasn't your goal, sorry but that's really how it came off to me. And I didn't see your humor as someone who was truely frustrated after a long night's play.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewK View Post
    Thanks guys, this is an issue with the event in question which we'll have fixed in the next hotfix - specifically that defeating the boss doesn't actually end the event - thereby preventing you from being rewarded for the event's completion.

Being dead should never prevent you from being rewarded for participating in rift or invasion content.
    Thanks AndrewK, I'll watch better next time but I'm sure this is the second time it happened to me. I don't often loot the drops as I tank so I might have seen it incorrectly and it was a planar drop from a different group of mobs too.

Thanks for the response thought.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast