+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 3 Reasons to Keep Playing Rift

Rift Disciple

Red face 3 Reasons to Keep Playing Rift

I'm debating quitting this game. I have two level 50 characters, a rogue and a cleric. Both are in t1-t2/greenscale epics. I have a few of the professions maxxed out, and I have no desire to collect meaningless achievments or to pick up shinies on the ground for a turtle. If I did, I'd be playing WoW or EQ2. Raiding is kind of cool. It lags a lot on my computer which is disappointing. I still play up to par performance wise, but its a pain with all the lag.

PvP is cool I guess. I don't really do it too often, I don't get that certain feeling I used to when killing another player. Expert Dungeons are so boring. I honestly unplug my router during most DSM runs because I get bored/tired. Healing in this game is so boring. Being a rogue was kind of fun. Hate to say it, but being a sab and one shotting people was the high point.

I haven't played Rift in about a week. I missed my guild's raid day, and don't really care. My attention has been grabbed significantly by Mount & Blade: Warbands, Torchlight, and Neverwinter Nights. Maybe I just need a break from MMO's. Seems like all the people on these games want to be the #1 Super Server First Best and its really showing that this many ego's can't all get along in one game.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone can give me a few good reasons to keep playing/paying for this game. I'm open to all sorts of suggestions.
    Last edited by Jellaw; 05-09-2011 at 03:26 PM.

Really, we can't tell you why you should stay, as if you are suffering from burn out, it is better to just take a break, play another MMO for awhile, play a console game, do something besides Rift, it will make you appreciate it more when you come back in a couple months for the next major update...when it comes :P

So yeah, let MMO burn out run its course, and then come back in a burning ray of sunshine...

Ok, that sounded odd
    Last edited by Darcnova; 05-09-2011 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellaw View Post
    I'm debating quitting this game. I have two level 50 characters, a rogue and a cleric. Both are in t1-t2/greenscale epics. I have a few of the professions maxxed out, and I have no desire to collect meaningless achievments or to pick up shinies on the ground for a turtle. If I did, I'd be playing WoW or EQ2. Raiding is kind of cool. It lags a lot on my computer which is disappointing. I still play up to par performance wise, but its a pain with all the lag.

PvP is cool I guess. I don't really do it too often, I don't get that certain feeling I used to when killing another player. Expert Dungeons are so boring. I honestly unplug my router during most DSM runs because I get bored/tired. Healing in this game is so boring. Being a rogue was kind of fun. Hate to say it, but being a sab and one shotting people was the high point.

I haven't played Rift in about a week. I missed my guild's raid day, and don't really care. My attention has been grabbed significantly by Mount & Blade: Warbands, Torchlight, and Neverwinter Nights. Maybe I just need a break from MMO's. Seems like all the people on these games want to be the #1 Super Server First Best and its really showing that this many ego's can't all get along in one game.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone can give me a few good reasons to keep playing/paying for this game. I'm open to all sorts of suggestions.
    Only reason I have is this... it's gonna be the same in the next mmo, and the next, and the next....

Of course you could just put down the mouse and do something outside to get the thrill back.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcnova View Post
    Really, we can't tell you why you should stay, as if you are suffering from burn out, it is better to just take a break, play another MMO for awhile, play a console game, do something besides Rift, it will make you appreciate it more when you come back in a couple months for the next major update...when it comes :P

So yeah, let MMO burn out run its course, and then come back in a burning ray of sunshine...

Ok, that sounded odd
    This, trying to push through burn out and keep playing could affect your pleasure with playing any MMORPG, now or in the future. Sounds like you just need a break. In that amount of time there will be changes and Trion may give you something more than dungeons to grind. *shrugs*
    "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." -Frank Zappa

Champion

Lemme get this straight...

- You don't want to PvP.
    - You don't want to raid.

K... you can either reroll, get a new game or quit MMOs because that's all any of 'em offer.

No one can, if your mind is made up.

Ill try , although , in the end , it didn't help me.

1. friends you've made , or will make.
    2. Future improvements , or slip ups.
    3. 1 year veteran reward, that i am sure they will put in place.
    Minsc and Boo
    All time favorite RPG characters.

Rift Master

Cause Scott Hartsman owns your soul!

Geez man its a mmo, don't u think if u play it a 100% of the time it'd grow boring? Yes take time off, yes play other games, log in a few hours a week have the fun u can have and just relax and take it easy.
    i'm leveling a new cleric to fifty and just enjoying the breeze. If you can't see that playing any single game a 100% of the time is bad than you sir need a new hobby all together.
    The games fine your broken, get fixed than come back and play a few hours a week. Raid if u wanna Raid, Pvp if you wanna pvp, and level alts if thats what u wanna do.

Quote Originally Posted by Villaintine View Post
    This, trying to push through burn out and keep playing could affect your pleasure with playing any MMORPG, now or in the future. Sounds like you just need a break. In that amount of time there will be changes and Trion may give you something more than dungeons to grind. *shrugs*
    Yup, even I suffer from MMO burn out...quite often really, so now I just play console games more than MMOs...stops me from getting burn out at least hah

Soulwalker

Wow, the irony in this thread is so thick ...

You have two level 50's in all t1/t2 gear, but you hate t1 dungeons. You only have a "few"maxed out professions. Hmmmm. You don't care about any of the aspects of the game except raiding and you don't enjoy raiding.

Furthermore you hate elitists attitudes, but clearly belong to a guild where that is the only acceptable behavior -- based on your toons, gear and perceptions.

My suggestions would be to play the game for what it is,and play all of it. Not just one part. Work on your professions and maybe try collecting artifacts. It's actually pretty fun and a change of pace. Also, find a new guild because your personality clearly does not belong in an guild that only cares about shard firsts.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokster View Post
    Work on your professions and maybe try collecting artifacts. It's actually pretty fun and a change of pace.
    Artifacts are cool; they're shiny and make a satisfying sound when you drop one in to the collection.

Listen to these intelligent people who have responded above me and just take a break.If you play any game 20-30 hours a week or more which is what i am guessing you play you are going to get tired of it.

Quote Originally Posted by XFracture View Post
    Lemme get this straight...

- You don't want to PvP.
    - You don't want to raid.

K... you can either reroll, get a new game or quit MMOs because that's all any of 'em offer.
    Thats why i think each day more and more about returning to Champions Online. No Raids .. nobody
    really cares about PvP-Whiners .. its all about building a cool character an have fun. Sadly they also
    don't have enough content for different leveling paths, so even if its fun to build 20+ characters with
    totally different Power Sets, they all have to do the same quests
    Give me CO with the mass of content of EQ2 or Lotro .. and i would be happy.

Tank Dooks

Joseph the Squirrel Prophet

And the fact you don't have to worry about bears sneaking up on you.

Open the door. Get on the floor.
    Everybody walk the dinosaur.

I suggest world of tanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Jellaw View Post
    I'm debating quitting this game. I have two level 50 characters, a rogue and a cleric. Both are in t1-t2/greenscale epics. I have a few of the professions maxxed out, and I have no desire to collect meaningless achievments ... Anyway, just wondering if anyone can give me a few good reasons to keep playing/paying for this game. I'm open to all sorts of suggestions.
    You have to much @#%% free time on your hands. and yup this game is small, and yup there are only so many times you can run dungeons or level characters through the same content before you get tired of it all. I say quit the game, and go do something that counts. (and no..... playing another video game does not count)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast