+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 3 Reasons to Keep Playing Rift

3 reasons? Other posters all have good suggestions, so to sum up:

1) It's subjective, you will find it fun if you can connect to it in your own way.

2) You do seem to have some burnout. I have a Steam library of at least 50 games. They are all unfinished because I play Rift & other MMOs. You could take some time off: 1-6 months, or whatever you need and have some fun with some of those single player experiences you are missing Mass Effect series, Bioshock series, the new Portal game...the list is virtually endless.

3) If none of the above is your cup o' tea, and you still have burnout: yeah...Real Life (tm) (books, anyone?) is your last remaining bastion of entertainment

Guild Wars 2 hasn't come out yet, Guild Wars 2 hasn't come out yet, and Guild Wars 2 hasn't come out yet.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Jellaw View Post
    I'm open to all sorts of suggestions.
    I'll PM you my bank account number. In the meantime, go try a 14 day trial of EVE Online. It's so vastly different to other MMOs that you may very well find the magic in these games again if you play it. It is the game that gives me some hope for the future of the genre
    Isz on other, unreleased MMOs :

"Enjoy buying another $60 box for forum access to the next thing to complain about"
    About right, ayuh.

Shield of Telara

Well I don't know of any game that could substain a player like this indefinitly. Even in WoW ,which a lot of people annoyingly act like is the flagship MMORPG ,hardcore players are bored again a month of two after every xpac.

Unless a game comes out that's like classic EQ full of huge timesinks there's not really a game that can keep hardcore players entertained for years. then again that's a moot point because if a game like EQ released today is would surely bomb and I can't even begin to imagine the sea of whining about things being too hard.

Being harcore in a genre that's trying extremely hard to be casual will produce the obvious results.

What is it about any game that you DO like and keeps you interested? If this game doesn't have enough of that type of activity, then find one that does.

My own interest is in leveling and questing, enjoying the immersion in a virtual world. To that end, Rift provides a wealth of activities. Remember, it's young yet, only a couple months old, so it still has a way to go to mature. For me, giving it that time will be fun, too.

If you are bored already, then it clearly doesn't have the type of activities that turn you on. As others have said, take a break, or play a different type of game.

There's also strange games played with leather spheres and wooden sticks that do not require a virtual world or even electricity. I have no knowledge of these, myself, but their aficionados seem to like them.

Rift Master

If you are an individual, you will find your own fun, your own way.
    I cannot think of any suggestion for you as all that does is makes me accountable.

Quote Originally Posted by Duvain View Post
    I suggest world of tanks!
    That's what I've been playing for the last few weeks!!!

But I still love Rift.

Rift Disciple

Thanks for the input guys, I'm probably going to take a break from Rift like you guys suggested. Its just become tedious. I'm not a hardcore player, it took me about two weeks after release to level my rogue to 50, and I stopped playing him because our server was super short on Clerics and we needed a third healer for GSB. Took me 4 days of playtime to level my cleric from 10-50. Also, I'm not a hardcore raider, because like I said I missed raid day and haven't logged on in a week. Hardcore raid guilds would probably have booted me by now!

But yeah, thankfully I didn't buy the 6-month sub so I'm not really worried about badmouthing the game or whatever all these other wackjobs do for whatever reasons. I like the game, think it has a lot of promise, I just burnt out on it. Thanks for posting.

/thread

When I read the op I loled in rl because I'm having similar feelings. I'm on wow burn out. I played console games for a couple months, yawn, it didn't really DO IT for me, then I decided to try this game out. I had a few friends going through the same wow burnout and we just wanted to play something new and exciting, this game unfortunately isn't it lol. Up to now everyone I have met in game is a former wow vet on a break and we all say the same thing, we'll return to wow eventually.

So yeah I was sold by the hot chick on the cover of the box and the television adds. There was even an article in Game Informer about an editor jumping ship to Rift after having spend several hundred hours in Azeroth, that grabbed my attention because I wanted a break from wow and wanted to try something new.

The excitement lasted about a day while I quested with a couple friends, then buyers remorse set in and I really only have been forcing myself to play because I spend the 50 bucks on the game and I want to at least make it to 50 before my time runs out.

General of Telara

It's funny though. The last two or three days I've been starting to feel a bit of Rift burnout. Not from the end-game, but because finding the right server and right class took a bit of time and I can honestly not see myself leveling another 10 or 20 levels. It is easy. Yes. But it just looks like a massive mountain to climb at the moment.

Think I'll head out for a week or two and play a bit more EVE or try Age of Conan again, then come back to this.
    Isz on other, unreleased MMOs :

"Enjoy buying another $60 box for forum access to the next thing to complain about"
    About right, ayuh.

I thought this was going to be a troll thread with the reasons being:

1) SWTOR isn't out yet

2) GW2 isn't out yet

3) Tera isn't out yet
    Last edited by schu; 05-10-2011 at 12:41 PM.
    Baby Tartagon

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2