Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cinderon and Gnarladon

Rift Disciple

Default Cinderon and Gnarladon

Hey guys,

It seems that Cinderon and Gnarladon's spawn rate (for invasions) is nil, or extremely low.

Having leveled two toons to 50, and now waiting quite a few hours for either of them to spawn (5ish invasions, all Morkhar or whatever, while at 50), I have only seen them once each (while leveling).

I have been lead to believe that they only spawn when enough people are in the zone, if this is the case, it should be changed immediately.

Now this wouldn't be an issue if they weren't needed for the epic quest line needed to acquire the legendary from Lord Greenscale.

It is also rather frustrating to have to wait upto 2 hours between invasions, and IF (IF!) the boss spawns, they don't guarantee the drop (from the two times I have managed to kill them) due to a bug, tagging or some other issue.

Rift Disciple

Also, Mods, please do not move this. It seems Trion never reads/responds to the quest sub-forum and rarely in the Raids/Dungeons.

If it is moved could it at least be sent to a dev in order to get some attention to the issue.

My question is there an invasion every 2 hours? oO I'm waiting for a weeks for any Silverwood invasion and i only got one without needed bosses..

you should make it a guild event, have 2 or more raids of players zone into silverwood and wait for the even to spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Effi View Post
    I have seen the desecrations they have done, the murders they have wrought, and it can be no sin to be the hand of justice.

I agree...rough having this in your quest list and then never seeming to be able to be there when/if a random invasion boss happens to spawn! Quests like this should be able to be triggered by something (similar to a Planar Lure...you use it in a Rift or on a Tear to summon the boss required) or an Instance that is available.
    Last edited by Gnume; 05-02-2011 at 06:44 AM.
    Gnume, Dwarven Mage

Angry

Yeah, its also really great that you can't even get the quest until your about ready to leave Silverwood when questing threw there at low lvl. So even if one happens to spawn while your questing there... It still probly won't count for you anyways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rift Disciple

I was frustrated by this for a long time as well. Keep your map open when in Sanctum, you'll see the Silverwood invasions. Post in the invasions chat thread to keep it active and hope someone mentions the invasion when it happens. Make sure your guild is using the chat to notify others when they are in Silverwood and see it spawn. It did take a while for me, but the entire quest line takes a long, long time.

Since they changed the tagging boss issue, you shouldn't have a problem getting what you need from either boss once they fall. Just get a shot in on him. I got to Cinderon at 15% health and managed to get a few shots in before he fell seconds later. I got the drop without a problem.

The good news is, after this, much of the quest line can be done moving from place to place, and solo at 50 which I was. However there will be more waiting around at times. The quest that takes you to Freemarch will require some patience; as will Durnes the Ranger in Scarwood Reach. I'm waiting for others in my guild to catch up to go into RD to continue the quest line. I think I'm about 50% done.

Ascendant

I've noticed the problem with Cinderon is not that his event doesn't spawn, it is that people do not protect the wardstones before the event fails. When the event fails, it doesn't proceed to the next stage and that means Cinderon will not spawn.

The name of the Event is called March of the Gedlo. Next time you see it, make sure you protect as many wardstones as you can. If not, then Cinderon will never show up.

Plane Walker

You might find it easier when 1.2 comes out (apparently in about 7 days) cause youll be able to see what invasions are going on in any zone in the game on your map. Might make it easier for you to track and save you camping Silverwood.

Hit 50 yesterday and still have not done this quest. Sad thing is I had the achievements for killing both of them before I received the quest. Would be nice if they went ahead and counted that. I hope in the future they don't tie main story quests to random spawning bosses.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Lutinz View Post
    You might find it easier when 1.2 comes out (apparently in about 7 days) cause youll be able to see what invasions are going on in any zone in the game on your map. Might make it easier for you to track and save you camping Silverwood.
    Really? I must have missed that in the notes. This is very welcome.

Rift Chaser

On my server theres at least 1 to 2 invasions a day in silverwood at a minimum, but the biggest problem is the predictability, you can go days without seeing the event you need.

Quote Originally Posted by Koolthulu View Post
    Hit 50 yesterday and still have not done this quest. Sad thing is I had the achievements for killing both of them before I received the quest. Would be nice if they went ahead and counted that.
    I agree with this. I helped down Gnarladon five minutes before getting the quest.
    Maybe I should do something about the thing gnawing on my knee.

Quote Originally Posted by Baynen View Post
    I agree with this. I helped down Gnarladon five minutes before getting the quest.
    Same thing happened to me. Got the achievement for both...then I got the quest and I have yet to see these two spawn again.

Also, I've been trying to find 1.2 notes... can I get a link?
    Last edited by Rizal; 05-02-2011 at 11:12 AM.

Tez @ Kaleida - - Healing, it just comes naturally.

While I waited for these 2 invasions, i collected Silverwood artifacts & achieves. I got the 2 invasions in less than a few hours over a couple days.

That was a couple weeks ago, though.

Just tell guildies & friends to let you know if they see it. In my guild, if we see the silverwood invasion, we call it out so everyone can get the epic quest going.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast