+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Guild Bank vs. Appearance Tab

Plane Touched

Default Guild Bank vs. Appearance Tab

I'm sorry, just slightly annoyed by this.

While I think an appearance tab is a great idea and I'm glad it's being brought into the game, "fluff" doesn't concern me. And that's what an appearance tab is.

Something useful like a guild bank, that really should have been in the game when it launched, should have been done before this project.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Jarretyn View Post

While I think an appearance tab is a great idea and I'm glad it's being brought into the game, "fluff" doesn't concern me. And that's what an appearance tab is.

Something useful like a guild bank, that really should have been in the game when it launched, should have been done before this project.
    I have to admit, I'm kind of annoyed by this also.

Imi
    Ascendant

A guild bank is fluff, too.

Guilds survived without them for years.

Guild bank is considered fluff.
    Briarcliff I make em scream.

Quote Originally Posted by Selenity View Post
    I'm not sure if you are talking to him or me. But I do care. I even care about what would bring you to the place that you would put such pictures on your profile.

wait what... appearance tab is goign to be added?

what? man I need to read notes... btw yes... guild bank should come first... but at least I got one of my fav things from LotRO added... *jumps in joy*
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsun View Post
    Hackers... My guess is that it is China. Isn't Two Worlds made in China? I mean this game is in direct competition with it...so it would not be far fetched to think this is internet espionage or sabotage

Isz
    Champion of Telara

One good thing from a patch has no bearing on something else not appearing.

Its not like Trion was stuck like "Well, we can either have a guild bank or an appearance tab." Most likely entirely different people are responsible for those very different aspects of the game.

Just keep your cool and see what happens.

Imi
    Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Nippon View Post
    wait what... appearance tab is goign to be added?

what? man I need to read notes... btw yes... guild bank should come first... but at least I got one of my fav things from LotRO added... *jumps in joy*

We all want guild banks. But I think having them pre-1.1 before Coin Lock would have been an absolute disaster

Plane Touched

You know, I do find Guild Bank more important.. but the thing is, IT IS coming. Not this patch, but that's ok! It WILL be here.

The 5th soul + this makes me
    Ciaramyst
    Elementalist | Chloromancer | Archon | Chlorlock

calm down guys!
    everything will come just give them some time! i also want guild banks but i can wait for them, its not sth necessery to me

Appearance slots and guild banks are two different software technologies. The key difference being that one is only accessible by a single client and the other is accessible by many. Being upset by one being easier to implement than the other is kind of silly. Heck, the appearance tabs may be a test of some new tech that will make the guild banks possible.
    Last edited by Ayenn; 04-21-2011 at 03:29 PM.
    The Trinity is unholy! Down with the Trinity!
    Carrots belong in stew, not on the end of a stick.

Foamy tells it like it is!

Appearance tab is much easier to add. As mentioned in many posts before mine, in the podcast this week they mentioned that Guild Banks are in the works and will be released when they are ready. I would rather have a perfectly functioning bank than one that was rushed out and eats my gear and stuff we put in. I can deal with mailing stuff until a well worked bank is put in place.
    Blackfield <-Divine Fury->: Mage

Deepwood

Awesome, an appearance tab! I think guild banks are useless. Other than showing off stuff to your guildies that they will never be able to access, it has no purpose. You can just as easily send stuff to an alt and voila! you have a guild bank.

Plane Touched

Oh yes, from having to log back and forth to an alt to updating forums to tell people what's in the guild bank isn't stupidly obnoxious instead of dumping stuff in a bank everyone can access at any time.

Personally I find appearance more useful and think that it too should have been in at launch. What use is a guild bank really? That is why you have mule characters.

Anyway, I'm sure the appearance tab is easier to implement and test. You don't want your Guild Bank flaking out and deleting all of your guild's stuff do you?

Shadowlander

Why do you need a guild bank, we have plenty of space in our personal bank. Even if there were guild banks you still may have restricted access anyway depending on the guild.
    Last edited by Meditrina; 04-21-2011 at 03:40 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast