+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Guild Bank vs. Appearance Tab

Also, maybe they added/are adding this because it is working, but haven't added the guild banks because they are not.

That doesn't mean they aren't working on the guild banks, or even that the guild banks aren't a big deal to them.

most guild banks are filled with stuff people dont want. Guildies just dump some usless greens in there to pretend like they are actually contributing something. They are useful for pooling money and maybe mat gathering but thats about it

I would just like to add, I sure hope they don't add something to this game before they add something else that is totally unrelated to the thing they might add, because that would really tick me off or something if they added it first before the thing that should be added first even though its totally unrelated like, you know?
    "May you live a thousand years . . . a thousand million billion years."

Quote Originally Posted by Jarretyn View Post
    I'm sorry, just slightly annoyed by this.

While I think an appearance tab is a great idea and I'm glad it's being brought into the game, "fluff" doesn't concern me. And that's what an appearance tab is.

Something useful like a guild bank, that really should have been in the game when it launched, should have been done before this project.
    A guild vault is fluff too. Someone needs something? They ask on guild chat. Problem solved.
    I'd rather trade something to guildies than have someone get their account hacked, and loot the guild vault.
    I'd rather have an appearance tab first anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Isz View Post
    One good thing from a patch has no bearing on something else not appearing.
    No, that's absolutely the case. You have X developers. You can spend their time on thing 1 or thing 2. If you prioritize one over the other, it appears first.

Isz
    Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
    No, that's absolutely the case. You have X developers. You can spend their time on thing 1 or thing 2. If you prioritize one over the other, it appears first.
    I don't think it is, but I'm not going to argue with an expert.

I want shared account storage before a guild bank.

The appearance tab is useful to everyone. Guild bank not.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarretyn View Post
    I'm sorry, just slightly annoyed by this.

While I think an appearance tab is a great idea and I'm glad it's being brought into the game, "fluff" doesn't concern me. And that's what an appearance tab is.

Something useful like a guild bank, that really should have been in the game when it launched, should have been done before this project.
    In the latest riftpodcast, they said one of the developers confirmed(don't know which one) that guild banks will be on the alpha shard this or next week. The notes aren't even up for the alpha shard, I highly doubt we're suppose to be on it meaning it really isn't ready for testing.

So wait a bit, they said a while ago that guild banks were planned for 1.2 and unless something goes seriously wrong with them, we will see them.
    Let's just thank Christ that they got rid of twinking. It truly lacked any skill to twink.

Rift Disciple

As many have stated just because Appearance Tabs are coming doesn't mean Guild Banks won't also make an appearance.

As for people considering Guild Banks as "Fluff", well...I suppose you can call it what you want but it is a useful tool if managed correctly whereas the wardrobe is simply aesthetics.

A Guild Bank provides offline access to materials and items that players will most likely need, it is also usually far bigger than personal storage at an increased cost that is usually spread across the guild.

As a level 50 player with 2 crafting professions and 1 gathering maxed I have purchased all bank slots and kitted them out with 20 slot witchweave bags they are organized and filled to capacity with augments and crafting materials, I've mailed piles of stuff to alts for storage and each time a guildie asks me if I have something I have to log back and fourth.

To someone who doesn't gather/craft/salvage/collect more than they themselves need then I'm sure it does seem like fluff but please don't assume it's like that for everyone.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Gnova View Post
    I want shared account storage before a guild bank.

The appearance tab is useful to everyone. Guild bank not.
    Assumption, I do not find the Appearance tab useful at all.

Banned

Um, has the thought ever cross your minds that guild banks may be ninja-added? The Youtube feature wasn't announced prior to it's patch, so why not guild banks?

People need to stop being so pessimistic and get some ****ing patience.
    Last edited by ChaosInc; 04-21-2011 at 05:48 PM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosInc View Post
    Um, has the thought ever cross your minds that guild banks may be ninja-added? The Youtube feature wasn't announced prior to it's patch, so why not guild banks?

People need to stop being so pessimistic and get some ****ing patience.
    The Youtube feature was on the Alpha server.

Ascendant

What does adding an appearance tab have to do with a guild bank?

Did the developers say "We decided to add an appearance tab instead of a guild bank?"

If they did not specifically say that, I don't understand this thread at all. I want a guild bank too, but it has nothing to do with an appearance tab or anything else they do.

Quote Originally Posted by aeio View Post
    What does adding an appearance tab have to do with a guild bank?

Did the developers say "We decided to add an appearance tab instead of a guild bank?"

If they did not specifically say that, I don't understand this thread at all. I want a guild bank too, but it has nothing to do with an appearance tab or anything else they do.
    People will find absolutely ANYTHING to complain about. It's pretty astounding seeing some of the things people see as legitimate complaints.
    Snob - Rogue
    Smug - Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Festo View Post
    The notes aren't even up for the alpha shard, I highly doubt we're suppose to be on it meaning it really isn't ready for testing.
    I just wanted to point out that any time Alpha is up, we're free to be on it. When they don't want anyone there at all, they don't have it available.

That said, you do have to realize that if you check on Alpha now and then, find it up, check things out...what you see is not necessarily what you'll get on Live.

As for appearance slots versus guild bank...It's definitely not an either/or. From what I've read, things we're seeing now have been in the works since even before launch. It's just that some projects take longer than others.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast