+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 66 points is not enough!

Telaran

Default 66 points is not enough!

okay if i wanna max out a root system that is 51 points which must be done to be good in pvp. So that leaves me with 16 points to put into a second tree, whats the point of having a third tree.....?

Rift Disciple

Gotta start somewhere. Also leaves room for expansions. Don't want to peak too early.

Telaran

66 is pretty good IMO.

Why do you HAVE to go 51 points in main tree for PvP? I do not think that is true but it will be fun kicking your butt on the battle field.

Soulwalker

I think you need to take into account the pvp souls, there is 1 for each calling and they only got 21 points in the root.
    the priest pvp soul is the Templar
    Last edited by emmanuella; 12-30-2010 at 11:53 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by emmanuella View Post
    I think you need to take into account the pvp souls, there is 1 for each calling and they only got 21 points in the root.
    the priest pvp soul is the Templar
    Where can we see these PVP souls?

Why do you have to max it out to 51?

31 (or32) gets you quite a lot...so can get 2 to 32 and a couple points elsewhere if you wanted? Seems like enough atm from a theorycrafting standpoint.

Some of the best abilities for each class are actually at the 32 mark...no need to max unless you wanna specialize, in which...why the heck would you wanna spread out into other trees...when you maxed one, causing you to specialize in said soul?

Seriously, 66 points is enough...sometimes, it seems like it may be too much, as that means you can get not one, but TWO 32 point abilities...

The pvp soul for mages (Archmage) has a ton of CC

Quote Originally Posted by Darcnova View Post
    Some of the best abilities for each class are actually at the 32 mark...no need to max unless you wanna specialize, in which...why the heck would you wanna spread out into other trees...when you maxed one, causing you to specialize in said soul?

Seriously, 66 points is enough...sometimes, it seems like it may be too much, as that means you can get not one, but TWO 32 point abilities...
    Agreed seems like more than enough to me, plus you can get some nice synergies or other useful abilities just putting 5 or 10 points in a 2nd or 3rd soul. If it weren't for pvp souls I'd think this was too much.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gs_penetraitor View Post
    Gotta start somewhere. Also leaves room for expansions. Don't want to peak too early.
    This is not WoW where you will have all points shoved into one tree then a few into the
    others. It seems like it will be a definite mix right now.

Ahh right...forgot to add the question...OP, why do you NEED 51 points to be good in PvP...there's PvP souls that cap at 21 points that you can use, along with a 32 point soul...and you could even put a couple points into a 3rd! I don't pvp, but I don't see how specializing will be a make it or break it for pvp...

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Triryn View Post
    Where can we see these PVP souls?
    Main cities, the pvp merchants that sell pvp gear, there is one that sells the pvp souls, need faction to get them, so will need to pvp with normal soul to get the pvp soul

the pvp soles have stuff like added damage to opposing faction, or mitigate opposing faction damage, also lots of cc stuff.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by gs_penetraitor View Post
    I say NO, to adding points (meaning levels), trough expansions. Adding more souls is good idea, as well as emaybe expanding the one we have now.

I agree current point cap feel pretty low, and you really cant distribute points as you want, level you are still limit maximum points you can put into single soul.

Anyway raising point cap to something like 75 or 81 should be fine.

Rift Disciple

I must say i think that 66 points seems to be more then enough if you think about how you create it and acturly decides to focus on a few things
    It "forces" you to make choices that can be hard for you and in the end gives you a LOT more to play around with and try out.
    Lets say you want to pvp. You want to be abel to move more or stay alive longer so you put 21 points in to the pvp soul.
    That leaves you with 45 that my friend is enough, you might not be abel to get the 51 point one however you can get the 44 one and those are acturly sweet imho. It can as a lets say riftblade give you the almost instant Cd on teleport.
    Then if you feel "hey im good enough to manage with only 15 points in my pvp tree" then you can get your 51 points, or even make hybrids, i think i have made my point about the talent points.

So no to more points (atleast unless there will be future expantions and then depending on how it goes take it from there)
    But 66 is enough. here go have fun ^^ see what you can create http://www.riftrolebuilder.com/

~Reniz

Shield of Telara TheGreatGoogly's Avatar

LOL!

Trion opened the door and look how long it took for the new generation gamers to begin screaming for MOAR MOAR GIMME MOAR NOWW!.

Some people dont want to play a game with set rules it seems. They just want a God-mode.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast