+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Beta the Do's Dont's, and who really should test

Default Beta

I've beta'd both Dungeons and Dragons Online and Aion.
    I'd consider myself helpful and somewhat technical with knowledge, (collision detection, understanding minor programming, etc.)
    I'd hope that everyone else that's beta'ing it can at least help out the devs.
    I'm super excited for this game and will play it more than anything else, ha.

Telaran

Default bug reports posting to a beta board

It took so long to get back to this - here is what I was thinking:
    when you make an ingame report-
    Select - item/zone/npc/quest etc.
    Select - input item name/npc (you can have it auto fill with zone or npc if you are targeting it)
    input field - summary of issue
    input field - detailed description

Then you have it post to the beta board based on the first 2 fields it consolidate the post to the proper topic/discussion thread.

A lot of food for thought in this thread. I was looking for system specs and have not found them yet. Can someone point me to the page?

Thank you.

Curtis

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
    A lot of food for thought in this thread. I was looking for system specs and have not found them yet. Can someone point me to the page?

Thank you.

Curtis
    Don't worry that you couldn't find it, nothing has been said yet, other than Scott is playing it on a 5 year old comp, which was admittedly top of the range back then, but that gives you an indication.
    If you say plz instead of please, I say no because it's shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoticHamster View Post
    In addition I hope that they ask you about how many or which betas you participated in, so they can guage how reliable you are in submitting info.
    I have a problem with that because a person like me I have never gotten in a mmo beta at all.But in any mmo I report everything I see that does glitch or something that looks wrong , mechanic that may need fixed because something is wrong.There is people who can help who just never get that beta key.
    Last edited by Wolflen; 08-04-2010 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Liziana View Post
    Don't worry that you couldn't find it, nothing has been said yet, other than Scott is playing it on a 5 year old comp, which was admittedly top of the range back then, but that gives you an indication.
    Ah thank you Liziana, appreciate the information.

Curtis

Quote Originally Posted by g0kuenuan View Post
    DO:

Let enough people in so the server is mildly populated (no1 wants to see ZOMBIE towns and areas in betas)
    Have live support 24/7 in the beta phase

DONT:

Unlock all content in beta. Wouldn't like to experience the whole game in the beta, nothing else to get worked up about in the live.
    Let players reach max level. Keep at least the last 30-50% of the game locked in betas. There are always employees to test that.
    Agree with both of them! And like Europe has already stated: DO consider me as a candidate for beta!
    I don't need to "Get a life."! I'm a Gamer! I have loads of Lifes! - - - Necromancy - happiness is an army of unstoppable, loyal, killing machines.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7