+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 79 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 61 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: River of Souls World Event Wrapup

Thanks for this! Am mostly incredibly positive about the game and supportive of you guys, but this Event was disappointing. So happy to see you admit mistakes and offer reparations (especially Achievements!).

Looking forward to the next one. I'm expecting something much better.
    Adarel, 60 mage
    <Fires of Heaven>
    Deepwood

Ascendant

I'm glad to see the company admitting mistakes. For me the event was semi disappointing. Server lag was rampant the minute the boss mobs started spawning, and that was with all of the settings turned to minimum and all the names turned off. The latency went up to something like 20,000 ms. Even though I got to see all of the invaders, I could not land a single spell on them to get credit for any of them.

At least it got better on the last phase with Alsbeth. I got the kneeling achievement and the grim hero thing. Overall I thought the event would have been great if the lag had not been there.

I'm glad Trion admitted a problem and offered compensation. That was the honorable thing to do. They could have ended the event and said nothing further about it. That would have been the typical thing to do.

As for everyone screaming about how badly Trion screwed; yeah, they know that. They've admitted it. Is the game even two months old yet? I think they're entitled to think big and try big things. Sometimes it will work. Sometimes it will not. Live and learn.

At the end of the day, it's only a game.
    Unfortunately, knowing someone's name does not make it easier to set them on fire with your mind.

Nozrioh - 41 - Defiant Cleric - Galena
    Twowolves - 11 - Defiant Rogue - Galena

Thank you so much! I couldn't stay online for the entire duration of the world event on Saturday. Glad to see that will we will still be able to take part in the rewards
    Bardin' it up since 2005
    Ayira - Carrion - Defiant

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Vidrak View Post
    It is nice to see that they are giving us some of the rewards that many missed out on, but that isn't the reason I am worried. It was the execution and horrible planning of the event.

You really thought that doing the world even on the same day the "free to play" event was going on was a good plan? You ****ed most of your subscribers in the ***, and gave rewards to some ****** bag people that have not even payed for your product. You gave the opportunity to these trial members to have access to content OVER your paying customers. I have not seen a queue in weeks, and I try to log on Saturday and it was 3 and a half hours. By the time I got on, the event was done. Really? How much more stupid can you get?

Then you have the design of the event overall. Your design team actually thought that with the timing, rewards, and scale of the event, that making it only last 1-2 hours was a good plan? Any moron knows, that has played any sort of MMO in their entire life, events should last at least a week, if not longer. This provides not as much hype (full servers), less frustration for everyone, and it also lets ALL YOUR PLAYERS participate in the event.

Trion spouts off how they want players to experience the content, but many have been robbed of it completely. The few I have talked to say that I was better off, "Not logging on at all, as it was a nightmare lag-fest". I don't design games, but I play them a lot, I could have told you without skipping a beat, that this was a stupid ****ing idea.

It amazes me the ignorance of even some of the most experienced game development professionals. You can give me the items, but you have robbed me of my experience of the event (be it good or bad) due to horrible design and planning. The experience is the best part, unless you are the typical WoW player, where all you care about "is the end" and "give me my stuff". MMO design is really starting to grow stale. And it is even more sad to see the players be happy with this ... "Yay I get my lootz, lolz". It is ****ing pathetic.
    Sounds to me like you missed the event because you didn't finish your chores in time. It's ok, lessons learned, right?

The only thing "well done" about this event is the free compensation we have heard about.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Elewyth View Post
    you should work for the government, you seem quite good at talking rubbish without anything to back up your claims!
    Man, some people are completely brainless.

What about this event would make me want to keep playing this game is I was trying it out? 3+ hour long queues with 20-30 minutes to actually get in and do the event at all (this means, you have no chance to do the event)? The servers crashing non stop? Massive lag and overcrowding? Getting rewards and achievements, only to be booted and then come back to see them gone?

This would make you buy a product or resubscribe to a game? Just because you are an ignorant sheep, doesn't mean everyone else is. Grow a brain.
    Last edited by Vidrak; 04-18-2011 at 07:00 AM.

Soulwalker

Default Feedback

Hi Scott,

Just wanted to link my feedback here. Not sure where it should have been placed.

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...xtended/page71

Rift Master

As for everyone screaming about how badly Trion screwed; yeah, they know that. They've admitted it. Is the game even two months old yet? I think they're entitled to think big and try big things. Sometimes it will work. Sometimes it will not. Live and learn.
    It's not the fact that Trion seems intent on shooting itself in the foot, it's how determined they seem to be to keep reloading the gun.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoMage View Post
    It's not the fact that Trion seems intent on shooting itself in the foot, it's how determined they seem to be to keep reloading the gun.
    I'm sorry, but I'm pretty sure this was their first event...

Soulwalker

Thank you for sharing this information. I was so geared up for the event and participated- but no achievement. Bummer!

I know there are kinks to work out and I am patient- but I am looking forward to more world events! It is a good idea and really is a lot of fun.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Bossalinie View Post
    Sounds to me like you missed the event because you didn't finish your chores in time. It's ok, lessons learned, right?
    My chores? It is Saturday. If you mean drinking beer and hanging out as a chore, then okay ...

The event on my server was over in 20-30 minutes (after all the crashing was done with). The queue was 3 and a half hours when I tried to get on. How is any of this my fault? Maybe if Trion told us that this was some exclusive thing that was only going to last 30 minutes, I would have frantically got on in time. Or planned my day around a video game ... lol. I figured, like the previous events, it would at least last a day or 2, if not longer.

Did you miss the post by Scott? The part where they messed up? Yea, you should try reading it, and you will figure out who made the mistake. It is pretty obvious, though I can understand a person of your intelligence level missing it entirely.

I have less of a problem missing the event, and more of a problem with, "who made the decisions around the event?". As they were horrible decisions. Has this person ever played a game in their entire life? I don't see how you could have any passion or knowledge of video games and design an event like this. I mean really, this is basic, basic common sense here.

Soulwalker

It was a pity so many missed out. I was under the assumption that phase 2 was going to be lasting a few weeks.. like, make it some super epic quest.

Meh, either way, at least everyone is getting something for it.

Plane Touched

I have less of a problem missing the event, and more of a problem with, "who made the decisions around the event?". As they were horrible decisions. Has this person ever played a game in their entire life? I don't see how you could have any passion or knowledge of video games and design an event like this. I mean really, this is basic, basic common sense here.
    It's pretty egotistical to say YOUR opinion is "basic, basic common sense". You also could have improved your chances at enjoying the event by reading the dev announcements on the topic, including the one that says phase 2 would only last an hour or two. Personally, I think that reading the information provided to you, if you are interested in participating, would qualify as basic common sense.

Go nerd rage elsewhere.

Bravo on the event, no, it wasn't perfect. Yes, it was fun. And even bigger props on the followup.

Shadowlander

My chores? It is Saturday. If you mean drinking beer and hanging out as a chore, then okay ...

The event on my server was over in 20-30 minutes (after all the crashing was done with). The queue was 3 and a half hours when I tried to get on. How is any of this my fault? Maybe if Trion told us that this was some exclusive thing that was only going to last 30 minutes, I would have frantically got on in time. Or planned my day around a video game ... lol. I figured, like the previous events, it would at least last a day or 2, if not longer.

Did you miss the post by Scott? The part where they messed up? Yea, you should try reading it, and you will figure out who made the mistake. It is pretty obvious, though I can understand a person of your intelligence level missing it entirely.

Appearantly you were the one to miss Scott's post, or maybe you are still *****ing because you are a troll. Either way, shut up and play or leave...two options.

Well, of course, there is a third...which is ***** more, but no one cares about your current whining...that's if you truly read Scott's post...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 79 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 61 ... LastLast