+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 79 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: River of Souls World Event Wrapup

Quote Originally Posted by Freyar View Post
    While I'm glad to see a roadmap, I'm still feeling a bit annoyed by the whole thing. Rewards aren't exactly the end-all-be-all reason I do this stuff, I wanted to actually experience all of it too, yet I missed out on Phases 2 and 3 due to queues, latency, and the fact that at the last minute it was said to be in Stillmoore.
    I agree with you cause I don't care so much bout gear/pixels but just wanted the experience. However, I know that they will do it again and the next experience like this will be MUCH better so it doesn't hurt so much to miss it

I would like a definitive answer on the population issue, or this will just happen again, seriously the queue's have got to go once and for all. I dont mind a 5-10 minute wait but 4 hours is just ludicrous
    Veteran of the River of Souls Queue war 4/16/2011

Originally Posted by Skyraptor View Post
    It's a sad state of affairs when you have to thank a company for delivering what you are paying for.

I have to say, all things considered, this is a decent solution.

I worked the heck out of phase 1, getting most of the loot, and vanity items.
    I managed to secure the day off and participated in phase 2. My raid defeated all 4 bosses, and downed the first 2 zones on our server. Got the Protector Achievement.
    However, we did get confused by the server message stating "spread out, no need to crowd around Stillmoor".
    Once phase 3 started, it was over in 10 minutes, and we were scrambling to the zone. We missed the final fight. Hence, no achievement.
    Some may consider the free achievement "cheap", but considering the circumstances and confusion, I applaud it. To recieve the "full" achievement, you still had to secure the first two. One of which was gathering 300 shards. Which, while easy, required some dedication.

I feel that Trion's concession is totally fair. And most importantly, I feel that they have learned some lessons regarding these events.

More than anything, they have showed us that they DO LISTEN. That goes a long way.

On an up note, Phase 2 was FUN. I had a blast, made some new friends, even got together afterwards and chartered a guild with them.

Thanks Trion, for all the hard work.

Default Many Thanks

I am glad that the Devs have had this realization!

I am also glad that my caught in a que for hours and hours while trying to get into the event was not in vein.

Thank you for realizing that this was a problem and not a 'feature' and trying to straighten the problem out. As someone else pointed out you could have tried to cover your tracks and said something like...oh I don't know.....The Event Works As Intended, and then tried to alter the next event to solve the problem.

By telling us that you KNOW it was a problem and that you intend to try and make it right by us you are instilling in us a confidence that you are not just taking our money. By doing this small thing you have instilled (in me anyways) that you take my trust of your integrity seriously and are looking for ways to serve your customers better and not abuse that trust.

Excellent recovery Trion.

Karric

I have to say, I am impressed.
    1. A company that is willing to say "Hey, things didnt work out how we planned and were willing to fix it"
    2. They are allowing those of us who got the short end of the stick on this event to get something from it since we otherwise couldnt

All I can say is whenever something went wrong like this in "the other game" the MOST I ever saw was "Oops, sorry, maybe next time" or "Not our fault/ too bad/ We thought it went well"

Bravo Trion, yet again, a leap ahead of the competition.
    All your whining and elitism makes me laugh

Shadowlander

I think this is an awesome gesture from Trion!

However, for the people that were frozen and couldn't attend phase 3 (or stuck in a queue), it still would have been nice for them to actually SEE phase 3 ... a manual trigger on all servers that crashed at a designated, specific time would be appreciated.

Still, this is a fantastic apology and acceptable alternative, I suppose.

Thank you for listening to your customers.

Soulwalker

Default Not so fast

I love all the thank yous and I love yous from all you . Let's not forget how bad of a fail this event was. Getting some bag a week after is lame on so many levels. Well, it's lame for gamers. Carry cases who like stuff just given them may enjoy this,but I will not be saying thank you for failing the event... You cant have events that only last minutes when people have jobs,sleep to get,family stuff to do etc.The event should of been the entire weekend. Fail moar please. Let's make these guys earn our love, don't get bribed by a half assed reach around.

As a victim of the queue, this is nice news. Thanks! Although, based on the majority of what I've read here I wasn't lamenting the fact I missed phases 2 & 3. I would have liked to get in and at least try to experience these last 2 phases, but all the reported lag-amundo isn't exactly appealing. So I wasn't having a nervous breakdown over missing it. Yeah, achievements and drops are nice, but not when you're having a terrible time trying to get them.

Curious to see what awaits us in the future.
    Last edited by Tzielle; 04-16-2011 at 08:08 PM.
    I don't care about your numbers.

Shadowlander

I want to know if we can complete the weapon cache quest, even if we have done the lower level quest already???

I got a low lvl cache in Phase 2, and I only need 1 more item to complete it. Can I just finish that up and sell it, or should I scrap everything and wait for later in the week to do the new cache quest?

I'd hate to finish this only to find out I can't do it again when the package comes in-game mail this week.

Thank you Trion
    inverted is good

Quote Originally Posted by Souless View Post
    I love all the thank yous and I love yous from all you . Let's not forget how bad of a fail this event was. Getting some bag a week after is lame on so many levels. Well, it's lame for gamers. Carry cases who like stuff just given them may enjoy this,but I will not be saying thank you for failing the event... You cant have events that only last minutes when people have jobs,sleep to get,family stuff to do etc.The event should of been the entire weekend. Fail moar please. Let's make these guys earn our love, don't get bribed by a half assed reach around.
    earn it Trion EARN IT! get on your knees and tell me you love me! smile like a donut!

err... i mean... im a little skeptical, if nothing gets done about the population issue causing huge queues then i will be just as angry as i was before Trion made this statement.

Fool me once shame on you... fool me twice shame on me.
    Veteran of the River of Souls Queue war 4/16/2011

Originally Posted by Skyraptor View Post
    It's a sad state of affairs when you have to thank a company for delivering what you are paying for.

Wow! Now this awesome, thank you!
    Minimum Requirements Show Podcast - For all the geek.. And cheese.
    Http://www.floorislava.com.au/MinReq

Glad to see you guys are listening to all the feedback.
    This is, overall, a pretty good solution.

I wish I had been able to be online to actually see P2 and P3 (Several hour queues are lameee D: ) and I hope you guys learned your lesson |D

Once-in-a-server-lifetime events are sure to bring massive server loads, and everyone wants to do them, so try not to make them too short!
    It was a terrible, terrible design decision on your part.
    Last edited by Beslley; 04-16-2011 at 08:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignotus View Post
    Two weeks of foreplay and hype, and then the actual "event" is over in 1 hour. I wonder if this is how women feel.

Telaran

thanks Trion i hate that i missed the end event but I'm pleased by your response and the gifts. I do hope all characters created before today get it, because i was participating with several toons and would hate for one of them to get their feelings hurtby not getting the goodies

This is very good news for me , I work on Saturdays so by the time I got home and was able to log on , I had an hour wait , so this is cool , thanks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 79 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 ... LastLast