+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 79 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: River of Souls World Event Wrapup

Gota love all the whining about the lag...

Yeah, i have no idea how people, EXPECTING there to be hundreds of people all in the same areas blowing up **** as hard as they could wouldnt expect there to be lag, slowdown and other problems.

I also dont see how ANYONE could have problems in the first place unless theyre trying to run with setting WAY higher than they have the box for. Heck, my PC is a 3 year old POS, it was NOWHERE near current tech when i built it then, hell newegg doesnt even HAVE any of my parts anymore. My Chip is just a 32 bit 2.9 dual core, my graphics card? a Radeon 4850HD, the 512 meg variety. Thats right, not even 1 gig of video memory, and only 4 gigs of ram, oh, and my HDD, yeah, its the nice old ribbon cable, none of this new aged fancy *** SATA crap.

Even with ALL that terribly under powered hardware, i run at above average settings. Everything except particle effect density (set at 150 i think) ground clutter density, and shadows is set about as high as it will go. Unless something MAJOR is going down, performance is fine. Hell, i even recorded a few of the major rift invasion bosses like the Werewolf or Harbinger in 720p with only a tiny bit of loss of performance.

I knew it was going to be nuts during the event so i just clicked that fun little "low quality render" button and re-logged about an hour before the event. No lag, no framerate issues, not even any serious latency problems, oh, and i still recorded bosses.

At some point you have to take a realistic view and recognize that you in fact DONT have "t3h ultimate boxorz" and that having everything set to HOLY****INGEYECANDY doesnt actually change the fact that youre probably too focused on not standing in an AoE or something to even notice the graphical difference. But everyone has to e-peen it up and play on max at all times, and then somehow decide it's Trions fault that they have issues.

Yeah, the event could have gone smoother, i myself bugged out and missed the protector achieve even though i killed 2 bosses, but looks like it's being fixed anyway. Heck, i'd have been happy with just the achieve fix, the goodies are a HUGE bonus (yay for shadetouched quest items)
    Last edited by Necrosaro; 04-16-2011 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Calva View Post
    This....server merges are in need Trion.
    I agree. the population issue was the direct cause of me not being able to log in and participate, while i enjoy the fact Trion is basically giving us a mulligan, I would very much like to see the cause treated not just the symptom. Shards need transfers or better hardware to raise the population cap. I was literally in a queue for the whole thing.
    Last edited by AMDFreak; 04-16-2011 at 07:45 PM.
    Veteran of the River of Souls Queue war 4/16/2011

Originally Posted by Skyraptor View Post
    It's a sad state of affairs when you have to thank a company for delivering what you are paying for.

Thumbs up

Mr. Scot Hartsman: YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Wafflecopter View Post
    Awesome. It's great to see a developer that actually cares.
    this, emphatically

While I'm glad to see a roadmap, I'm still feeling a bit annoyed by the whole thing. Rewards aren't exactly the end-all-be-all reason I do this stuff, I wanted to actually experience all of it too, yet I missed out on Phases 2 and 3 due to queues, latency, and the fact that at the last minute it was said to be in Stillmoore.

Also dont schedule a free weekend on a world event weekend, cmon Trion you got to admit that was pretty dumb.
    Last edited by AMDFreak; 04-16-2011 at 07:50 PM.
    Veteran of the River of Souls Queue war 4/16/2011

Originally Posted by Skyraptor View Post
    It's a sad state of affairs when you have to thank a company for delivering what you are paying for.

My suggestion.... NO TRIAL ACCOUNTS ON PAY FOR SERVERS. EVER.....

It removes the plat sellers.
    Doesn't impact people that actually pay your salaries.
    It's simply not cool to have people that actually PAY for access to compete with free to play trials and especially during world events. Put them on their own server farm to level 10 or something but don't have paying customers pay for trial accounts.

Appreciate the feedback but the idea of having trial accounts on a compressed time to complete active server upsets the people that are dedicated and have put their money and time into the game.

Soulwalker

I just wanted to say thank you very much Trion! After today I was a bit upset with the way the last phases unraveled, but I wanted to say this is the first time in the years I"ve been a female mmo player that I've been both satisfied and happy about a response to an issue in game. Thank you for caring, and thank you for having such an awesome way of addressing what happened!

Shadowlander

Default Thank you!

I had fun during the event but was dissappointed but the rewards and participation restriction. You just fixed all of that with this update! You guys are awesome! I am so looking forward to even more content!
    Keep on rocking!
    Love

Soulwalker

The one thing that wins me with Trion is this - they seem to have a sincere interest and investment in treating their player base as their greatest asset, not a neccessary evil.

I feel better knowing we have a response, but has anyone discovered the reasoning behind the MASSIVE server crashes/lockouts? Was it just sheer player numbers? Or did something doomy happen?
    Smrti - DPS HateTank
    Defiant - Sunrest
    Have Fun, Live Life

[QUOTE=Hartsman;2165225 We know that patience isn't infinite. We do respect that fact greatly, and you have our word that we're listening and reacting smartly for the next round.

- Scott[/QUOTE]

^That. Remember and live that quote and you'll do fine. In every aspect of life, stuff happens. How you handle the negative things will separate you, in one way or the other, from the rest of the pack. World class companies, IMO, are not perfect, but rather are those whom are willing to learn, adapt and improve.

I'll be brutally honest and say that I felt that today's events were pretty awfull. Your mea culpa does you credit, but it will be your actions going forward which will determine whether I stick with you for the long term or not.

Like gameplay, if one wishes to get better, you better expect to wipe a few times along the way (or in my case, a number of times).

For now, I'll give you a pass. The launch and overall product have otherwise been outstanding. I think you can do better, and I'm willing to hang around to see if I am right.

Thank you kindly!

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by blankzero View Post
    I feel better knowing we have a response, but has anyone discovered the reasoning behind the MASSIVE server crashes/lockouts? Was it just sheer player numbers? Or did something doomy happen?
    A rift occurred inside of the servers that connected it to the year 2012, and 'doomy' things spread into our plane of existence.

I am appeased.. at least I will get the titles and the trinket..

GP 4/4 DH 4/4 GSB 5/5 RoS 4/4 HK 2/11

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 79 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 ... LastLast