+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 79 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: River of Souls World Event Wrapup

any way i can donate my pack to a staff drinks fund? if you guys have been reading this 'feedback' over the last 8-12 hours, you really deserve a drink :P

Soulwalker

Thanks a ton, I hope people who posted their "I quit" or "These guys don't know what they're doing" are eating their words right now. Like an above poster said this is your game and you get to say what happens with everything and I must say not only am I impressed at the compensation package but the fact that you acknowledged why people were upset and apologized. I have been very pleased with the amount of communication between the dev team and the playerbase. Keep up the good work dudes and once again, thanks
    Last edited by Luciendar; 04-16-2011 at 07:35 PM.

Telaran

At least they fixed it. You can't run zone events that last only a limited amount of time like that just because of time zones. Oceanic which includes all of Asia as well as smaller populations like Australia and NZ etc would not have been able to participate. At least we get a chance at getting a mount too

i like alot of other people said things rather hastely, sometimes it cant be helped when your pissed or feel letdown! i had and have high hopes for this game, and hopefully on the next go around we'll see what everyone thought they would today.. anyway

thanks!
    Last edited by Intervention; 04-16-2011 at 07:38 PM.
    "Opinions are like arseholes everyone has one and stinks at times"

Shadowlander

Good to hear, looking forward to future world events, but as the saying goes, fool me once... Also can you please not make the same mistake WoW did by hiding all the big bad lore characters away in raid instances where they do.. nothing. Get them out into the world occasionally, let them 'interact' with the people, and more importantly let everyone be able interact with them

Another patient customer here too and your solution is more than fair IMO

Ppl seem to forget this is a very new game realistically there will be problems these problems make for better events in the future it's a learning curve for players and devs alike. I enjoyed the parts of the event I was able to play and look forward to many more.
    Last edited by Soarfuri; 04-16-2011 at 07:38 PM.

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

You know, this really is a stellar response, but I gotta say: I'm no longer surprised when Trion does stuff like this.

Look, the event thing didn't work out great for me, but let me say:

Try things you aren't sure will work sometimes. I'd rather you reach for greatness and sometimes fail than settle for certain mediocrity.

While I have complaints about the event (mostly in that I hate non-repeating events; what about my future alts?!?), I respect that you tried to do something that you weren't sure you could pull off. Keep on trying, and someday you'll do something that no one was sure was possible, and it'll be amazing.

Shield of Telara

Very much appreciated for your response and actions.

Soulwalker

Much appreciated.

I do have a question. How does this work with alts?

I have a level 48 that I ground over 1500 sourceshards on, but I'm also leveling a cleric that will probably take its place. I've ground roughly the same number of sourceshards on that guy. Will I get one package for my entire account? Will it go to the highest character (I really want it on my cleric over my rogue)? Will any alt that has done a number of the daily quests get it? How is that going to work?

Again, it's appreciated that you're willing to recognize the opportunity to make things better next time.
    Last edited by Dosvidaniya; 04-16-2011 at 07:43 PM.

Rift Disciple

This is exactly what I wanted to see from Trion. I dont even care about the reward sachel. Odds are 90% of people are going to get a useless 20 slot pack (no I'm not qq'ing about the pack just stating a fact why else would they put it in there but to keep the mount drops lower) so the sachel is just a nice bonus. What I was wanting to see is a dev post that they made a mistake and are going to try and improve on it the next time.

Granted the apology had alot of roses added in for PR reasons and alot will flame on that the fact is Trion admitted the event didnt go as well as planed which tells me they DO care and they DO want to improve on it to make them alot more fun!

So thank you Trion. You again showed you do listne to your customers and you do care. I used to remember a company by the name of blizzard that used to do this before they became all about the money and screw everything else. I'm glad there is a company like you who does give a damn about its costomers again.

RIFT Community Ambassador Talila's Avatar

20 SLOT BAGS!!!!!!

You just won my heart back <3
    Thank yoooooou.
    I went off to FFXIV. Here's my blog.

Champion of Telara

How are you guys so consistently awesome?
    -Rilgon @ Deepwood (US)

Quote Originally Posted by Vocode View Post
    Is there going to be a statement made about the state of the shards, regarding population and merges? They played a huge role in our ability to take part in this event.

Also, this event wasn't a matter of "while many people enjoyed it, some people were disappointed and had high aspirations." That's a little rosey.
    This....server merges are in need Trion.
    Calva-level 50 assassin(51)/infltrator(10)/bladedancer(5)
    Shard-Ramsmolov
    Defiant

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Furiant View Post
    Thank you for having ambition and for learning from your mistakes and for owning up to them. Also thanks for your communication and finally the compensation you're giving to everyone who tried to experience today's events.

On the whole, you guys are on the right track. Kudos.
    I agree completely. I missed the event and was saddened to see that it was over when I finally was able to log into the game. This thread is a great response from Trion. I have to admit that I started off being highly skeptical of Trion and this game, from a customer service/care perspective; but stuff like this has made me change my mind entirely.

I can't think of a game developer which has gone this far to address customer concerns after a game has gone live. Usually all the customer care peaks right before launch and then quickly disappears. Trion, however, seems to be ramping up the customer care every week. I like this. It is a very good sign for the future of this game. Keep up the good work and keep listening. It is appreciated by most of us.
    Last edited by Langkard; 04-16-2011 at 07:42 PM.

Soulwalker

Still would have loved to participate, but a swift admission of mistakes and giving us stuff to put us on equal footing with the characters that were able to be there goes a long way.
    Thank You.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 79 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 ... LastLast