+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 79 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 61 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: River of Souls World Event Wrapup

Quote Originally Posted by uberaxe View Post
    Wow, just...wow. You can keep your 20 slot bags and special achievements I never earned, I missed the experience of the first Rift World Event. No trinket or bauble will ever make up for that, and it was a direct result of stupidity. Not an issue that arose, not my PC acting up...Stupidity. Bad planning. Free to play day? Really? So I paid to play in the World Event and missed two entire phases so people that play for free could? The first phase runs for two weeks or so, and the next two phases run for two hours? What kind of story line is that? There's simply no excuse for it other than intellectual sloth. No offense.

What present would you buy that would make up for missing your child's first birthday? What toy would compensate for missing that experience?
    I don't understand this sense of entitlement and anger from some people. You've paid what, one monthly fee so far? And you have the whole rest of the game to play, not just this event.

I, too, was a bit disappointed with today's event, but I'm not angry and ready to cancel my sub over it.

This is a new game. If they're still having these issues after a year, yeah, then it's time to be pissed off.
    Last edited by Rethiel; 04-16-2011 at 09:00 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by AMDFreak View Post
    i cant help but agree here, if you want us to live in your world, to experience Telara then let us experience it, I will now forever not have a clue how all this ended cause i was in a 4 hour queue and never got to log in.a piece of Telara's history is now forever gone for those of us who never got the chance.
    Dude, don't agree with the guy who just compared missing the event with missing his childs first birthday.
    That is creepy.

You seem kinda cool. Don't be creepy.

Shield of Telara TheGreatGoogly's Avatar

Glad i spent 100's of platinum for a 110% speed mount. Looking forward to my ghost horse:welfare edition.

When can we expect a GSB and RoS Legendary package in the mail? Nothing screams epic or legendary like a free handout.

in scarwood reach alsbeth apeared for like 5 mins and killed alot of people, that was in phase 2
    healer: easy
    dps: easy
    tank: OMGWTFBBQ WHY IS HE THERE WHAT OH CRAP COME BACK HERE STAY HERE OH GOD THERES MORE HEAL ME HEAL ME HEAL ME HEAL ME!!! oh im alive, that was easy lets do it again

Good form, Scott. As far as I'm concerned, you can come out of the doghouse now.
    " Soloists and those who prefer small groups should never have to feel like they're the ones getting the proverbial table scraps, as it were." - Scott Hartsman, Senior Producer, Everquest II... Once Upon A Time
    "People love groups. Its a fallacy that people want to play solo all the time." - Scott Hartsman, Executive Producer, Rift

Quote Originally Posted by Davexeno View Post
    Uhm, name one and name the event... the only other game I know that is capable of hundreds of concurrent users thrashing it out is Eve-O, and thats against each other, not against NPC's so the server load is considerably less as a result. (Bar the fact its in the thousands, not hundreds).

The only event I can think of that comes to mind was AQ opening event in WoW, and that, my dear god, that.. was an utter failure in such a way it never ever happened again in that game on such a scale.
    Everquest - Lanis T'Vyl vs Feronia Vie
    Everquest 2 - Rebuilding of the spires
    Everquest 2 - Unlocking the overrealm
    MXO - assassination of morpheus
    Everquest - fighting mayong Mismoore

all world events , all done damn near flawlessly with hardly any server issues and all lasted longer then 2 hours and were open to all levels
    Veteran of the River of Souls Queue war 4/16/2011

Originally Posted by Skyraptor View Post
    It's a sad state of affairs when you have to thank a company for delivering what you are paying for.

Ascendant

So, judging by this thread and posts elsewhere on these forums, the take-away from these events is apparently that Trion should just be like every other MMO company out there and just put out patch notes saying "Poof, a new raid instance appears".

Because attempting to do anything neat for it just draws more of the same whining and crying from the community of spoiled, self-entitled man-children as everything else. They'd have been better off doing nothing at all so people wouldn't have one more thing to complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by Davexeno View Post
    Uhm, name one and name the event... the only other game I know that is capable of hundreds of concurrent users thrashing it out is Eve-O, and thats against each other, not against NPC's so the server load is considerably less as a result. (Bar the fact its in the thousands, not hundreds).

The only event I can think of that comes to mind was AQ opening event in WoW, and that, my dear god, that.. was an utter failure in such a way it never ever happened again in that game on such a scale.
    Ok. I can name more then 1 however.

World of Warcraft - The opening of the Gates of Ahn'Qihaj (or however it is spelt) Was held over 10 hours with many many people participating in it. Holding over such a span of time was a good idea to maintain server stability. Although it did fail, it was still doable regardless.

Aion - Fortress Battles, every day several times a day. Hundreds of both factions battle it out with many NPC's and against each other. That is every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Isila View Post
    So, judging by this thread and posts elsewhere on these forums, the take-away from these events is apparently that Trion should just be like every other MMO company out there and just put out patch notes saying "Poof, a new raid instance appears".

Because attempting to do anything neat for it just draws more of the same whining and crying from the community of spoiled, self-entitled man-children as everything else. They'd have been better off doing nothing at all so people wouldn't have one more thing to complain about.
    when i pay for it and said company hypes it, YES IM ENTITLED TO IT

It's a sad state of affairs when you have to thank a company for delivering what you are paying for.

Rift Disciple

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatGoogly View Post
    Glad i spent 100's of platinum for a 110% speed mount. Looking forward to my ghost horse:welfare edition.

When can we expect a GSB and RoS Legendary package in the mail? Nothing screams epic or legendary like a free handout.

A) Platinum is piss-easy in this game

B) Grinding platinum to put some armor on your horse/catwolfbearthing/robohorse isn't "epic" in the first place.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by AMDFreak View Post
    when i pay for it and said company hypes it, YES IM ENTITLED TO IT
    you pay for the ability to play. How/when you play is entirely on you

Pretty sure these same people would be complaining that this game is just like WoW, that the release was lackluster and that they are going to cancel their subscriptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Rydis View Post
    you pay for the ability to play. How/when you play is entirely on you
    and the ability to participate in events, not be stuck in a queue for 4 hours

Telaran

A) Platinum is piss-easy in this game

B) Grinding platinum to put some armor on your horse/catwolfbearthing/robohorse isn't "epic" in the first place.
    But if other people have the same horse as me, how will I know that I'm better than them?
    Other people having the same toy as me strips my toy of any value.

Everyone knows RIFT is a super hard game where world firsts carry a lot of prestige, and mounts take entire minutes of work to obtain.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 79 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 61 ... LastLast