+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: If I get 0 experience from it, then it shouldnt attack me...

Quote Originally Posted by Archaegeo View Post
    This is a little silly.

I am ok with players of any level being able to attack me (if pvp world or flagged) but not pve. When you get 0 experience from something because you are so far beyond it, it should know to cower in fear at your coming.
    /agree

Especially the cowering part.
    CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 | MB: ASUS M4A78T-E | RAM: G.SKILL 6GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM 1333 | GPU: Sapphire ATI 4670 |SSD: Corsair Nova 32GB SATA II | HDD: Western Digital Caviar 500GB 7200 RPM SATA II | OS: Win7 x64 | CASE/PSU: Cooler Master Storm Sniper/Corsair 650W

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Firedragon View Post
    /agree

Especially the cowering part.
    +2

The "AI" of low level mobs isn't very good in this game. Specifically the I part. Its like they all want to die?

Honey badger don't care what level you are. Honey badger don't give a
    TI-99/4A - 3.0 MHz 16-bit TMS9900 CPU, 256 bytes fast RAM, 16 KB RAM, 8 KB ROM, Cassette Player Interface

Ascendant

I agree with the OP, it's one of the annoying things in any game I've played. Absolutely no reason for it to be in the game, servers no purpose.

I agree with the OP, the fact that anyone defends this design decision is beyond me. Any low level critter can dismount you with a couple hits, it's ridiculous.

It does not add any challenge to the game at all. It is only annoying. I would actually be fine if they continue to aggro but it's the dismounting, stunning and snaring that are really annoying me.

If they want to chase me for a mile or two biting at my heels, fine. If I want to stop and harvest a node and they jump all over me, fine. But when I'm just trying to get from point A to point B and have to stop constantly to fight mobs, that's just annoying. Not challenging.

Dont run into it.

The only problem I have with the current system is the whole chain effect that is caused.

You are weaving around all these groups of mobs, one agros.

Before you can stop to do anything about it, 10 more mobs in the area agro, you have 70% movement reduction and 3 of the 10 mobs are casters.

So now you need to kill the 7 melee mobs, slowly drag yourself to the casters, deal with them, mount up and ride on.

One in awhile this wouldn't be a problem, but it tends to happen way more often than not.
    PVP: R8
    GSB 5/5 | RoS 4/4 | HK 4/10 | GP 4/4 | DH 4/4 | RotP 1/4

A small tweak maybe...

I don't think its too much to ask that any mob up to 25-30 levels below you will never aggro on you (ie. a lvl 1-25 mob ignores a lvl 50; and a lvl1-15 mob would ignore a lvl 40). Then it could continue with the normal aggro range reduction (which was quite a noticable change already).
    Rift CE & Founder Sub
    Asus ATi 6950HD Asus Crosshair IV Formula AMD PhenomII X6 1100T G.Skill 4GB 1.6Ghz (F3-12800CL7D-4GBECO)

RIFT Guide Writer

If it served any purpose at all other than to be annoying that would be one thing

Quote Originally Posted by Prodro View Post
    I don't have this problem, why because I take the extra minute to weave around mobs, not beeline straight to my destination. Honestly low level mobs don't even have a huge aggro range, just stop running directly through them.
    I see these posts all the time, frankly I'm annoyed by them. Here's why.

The quickest point to any destination is a straight line. Period.

Weaving around them and take ME, the paying player off my beaten path to avoid some idiotic game mechanic some nimrod didn't at Trion didn't adjust correctly because he's never played this game before, is something most of us won't tolerate much more.

If you want to waste the time, weaving, bobbing etc. Go for it. It's quicker to run through them. I'm about efficiency and I'm sure I'm not alone. I control my game experience, not the game. If it keeps trying to run the show, then I'll quit. If Trion continues to ignore the player base and continues to STRIVE TO BE LIKE SONY ONLINE ENTERTAINMENT, I'll resub, and cancel again on principle alone.

Easy.

Yeah, damn those animals for not knowing better! That pack of wolves should know better then to attack me. Wolves can do math, right???? 50 > 30!

Open the door. Get on the floor.
    Everybody walk the dinosaur.

Gameplay trumps realism. Being dismounted by gray mobs is not fun. They're trash, trivial, and do nothing more than waste my time in tiny little chunks.

Do away with this ridiculous mechanic, please. Thanks!
    Greybriar
    Atesh - Bahmi Warrior - REA | CHA
    Ellystra - Bahmi Mage - CHL | STO | PYR
    Let's put rifts and invasions to good use!

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Imi View Post
    The design is fine. The aggro radius for gray mobs has been reduced to WoW easy-mode type levels already.
    Rift zones are so small, the mobs are to help make you feel like its bigger, after you kill 1.234.433 mobs to get to the other side, you just spent an hour to get there, making the zone feel larger.

Only reason i can think of for making the mobs such a pain in the ***.

Imi
    Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Krighton View Post
    I see these posts all the time, frankly I'm annoyed by them. Here's why.

The quickest point to any destination is a straight line. Period.

This isn't Rift: Lines of Telara... it's Rift: PLANES of Telara.

Planes are two-dimensional, which means you need to move around in two dimensions.

It's advertised RIGHT THERE IN THE GAME TITLE, so don't act surprised that you can't move in straight lines.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast