+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can anyone confirm the length of phase two/three?

Default Can anyone confirm the length of phase two/three?

Earlier this week I saw some threads saying that phases two and three of the event will only be lasting a few ours on Saturday, meaning the event is going to be over on Saturday, but I have heard recently that phase two will last another week. Anyone know for sure how long the event is going to go for?

Hopefully it goes for more than a few hours because it starts at 3am where I live (Australia) and there's no way I'm getting up that early to do it! I have a 14 month old daughter so I need the sleep. ;) I am hoping Phase 2 will go until at least the end of the weekend. Hopefully someone from Trion can confirm soon enough.
    Last edited by searos1; 04-09-2011 at 01:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by searos1 View Post
    Hopefully it goes for more than a few hours because it starts at 3am where I live (Australia) and there's no way I'm getting up that early to do it! I have a 14 month old daughter so I need the sleep. ;) I am hoping Phase 2 will go until at least the end of the weekend. Hopefully someone from Trion can confirm soon enough.
    Yea basically I need to know if I have time to save for Guise of Death or if I should just spend my stones on shade touched and pets before theyre gone.

Soulwalker

phase two will last a couple of hours and phase three will start immediately after phase two ends. phase two lasts as long as it takes for your server to defend the various wardstones. the vendor is supposed to be there pasted the event so you can spend the stones.
    Last edited by meaux; 04-09-2011 at 02:26 AM.

Rift Disciple

http://riftirc.com/past/rift-and-world-event-chat%20/

NikoMahCousin asks: How long will phase 2 be active?
    <%AndrewK> Until players beat it, this phase will be based on player participation. It will likely last a matter of hours, depending on the server.

Quote Originally Posted by meaux View Post
    phase two will last a couple of hours and phase three will start immediately after phase two ends. phase two lasts as long as it takes for your server to defend the various wardstones. the vendor is supposed to be there pasted the event so you can spend the stones.
    If the entire event consists of a week and a half of almost nothing, then ends in 1 day I suspect that people will be peeved, and rightly so. At least knowing that up front people could attempt to schedule around it. But there has been very little "official" word on scheduling.
    http://sigcdn.siglaunch.com/sigs/rift/29903/rift-forum-signature.png

I like to think of WoW as the Hindenburg, On these forums it always ends up in flames.

You all might want to check out the link on the last post of this thread World event dev chat

Answers a lot of the questions people are asking about phases 2 & 3, plus some interesting tit bits about future world events.

EDIT ah damn my slow typing Abusabus beat me to it
    Last edited by Balraw; 04-09-2011 at 02:33 AM.

Sorry to hijack the thread but does anyone know if the event starts at the same time in both the US/EU (12pm EST) or do us europeans get to start earlier at 12pm GMT?

All it says on the quest tracker for the event is 12pm so just wondering...

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Asenturius View Post
    Sorry to hijack the thread but does anyone know if the event starts at the same time in both the US/EU (12pm EST) or do us europeans get to start earlier at 12pm GMT?

Cheers
    According to the dev chat:

Disciple asks: Will Phase 2 start tomorrow morning, or tonight at midnight?
    <%AndrewK> tomorrow noon, PST
    <%AndrewK> on EU servers the event starts at noon GMT
    <%AndrewK> I would recommend being there on time, this phase will take a different form than the current one

starts 12 pm pdt

Lasts until players win

Thanks for the info there bud,much appreciated ;)

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Asenturius View Post

Cheers
    Can't remember where I saw it (maybe from the dev tracker?) but one of the devs said the US event starts at noon PACIFIC time (so 3 PM Eastern) and the EU event takes place at noon GMT.

Edit: Found the thread:

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...pm-pst-for-all
    Last edited by pilferk; 04-09-2011 at 02:46 AM.

+ Reply to Thread