Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Major problem at Trion

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by ColdFulcrum View Post
    Listen to me very carefully.

You have been compromised, playing Rift and getting your characters back should be your LAST worry, because you have serious problems.

Someone has access to at least one of your email accounts, your online financial data may also be at risk, and god knows what else.

Stop whining about Rift and get your computer cleaned up, your house in order, and every password you have changed to something different!

You wake up tomorrow with an empty bank account and you will know exactly how your Rift character feels.
    QFT

/10 char

The extent my in game pestering by gold farmers and powerlvling consists of 1 in game mail a day, which i delete, and occasionally a Trade Channel Spam that I catch while picking up dailies in Sanctum. If your experience differs you must be playing a different game. Maybe that one where the gold famers created a program to make dead newbie bodies spell out their websites in the middle of Orgimarr?

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Sunspots View Post
    The extent my in game pestering by gold farmers and powerlvling consists of 1 in game mail a day, which i delete, and occasionally a Trade Channel Spam that I catch while picking up dailies in Sanctum. If your experience differs you must be playing a different game. Maybe that one where the gold famers created a program to make dead newbie bodies spell out their websites in the middle of Orgimarr?
    I'd have to agree. My shard must not even be worth the plat sellers time. I've gotten one, yes one, spam in-game mail post from a plat seller in the last 3 weeks. I'm sure there are more, but simply identifying the mail as spam has isolated me from further exposure.

No chat spam either. Must be a shard-specific thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladius View Post
    I'd have to agree. My shard must not even be worth the plat sellers time. I've gotten one, yes one, spam in-game mail post from a plat seller in the last 3 weeks. I'm sure there are more, but simply identifying the mail as spam has isolated me from further exposure.

No chat spam either. Must be a shard-specific thing.
    I feel ya on the in-game mail part. Almost makes me feel bad; am I not worth the time to spam? Seriously?

Unfortunately, our chat is usually inundated with gold spam, and most of us make a game out of how fast we can report the char; I've gotten to the point where I can get most of them reported/ignored before they log off!

It sucks that this happened to you this way. :[

Im not defending Trion, but I've read some interviews where they were talking about how they didn't expect nearly as many subscribers as what they've gotten and they only have about 30ish GM's. Not sure how accurate that is, but I can imagine it would be really hard to deal with all of the hacking w/ only 30 people. Not to mention all of the stupid tickets people probably have open.

Hopefully soon they will be able to improve their GM customer support.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by mymosa View Post
    It sucks that this happened to you this way. :[

Im not defending Trion, but I've read some interviews where they were talking about how they didn't expect nearly as many subscribers as what they've gotten and they only have about 30ish GM's. Not sure how accurate that is, but I can imagine it would be really hard to deal with all of the hacking w/ only 30 people. Not to mention all of the stupid tickets people probably have open.

Hopefully soon they will be able to improve their GM customer support.
    One thing I've noticed over the years in MMOs is that the hack attacks come large scale, and in waves. Accounts compromised often aren't exploited for weeks or months and the exploiters seem to target a massive event to overwhelm CS and technical support. This has often happened in WoW over holiday periods when staffing was low. I was hit then.

I hope these incidents are isolated and don't forebode a mass attack in the near future.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by ColdFulcrum View Post
    Listen to me very carefully.

You have been compromised, playing Rift and getting your characters back should be your LAST worry, because you have serious problems.

Someone has access to at least one of your email accounts, your online financial data may also be at risk, and god knows what else.

Stop whining about Rift and get your computer cleaned up, your house in order, and every password you have changed to something different!

You wake up tomorrow with an empty bank account and you will know exactly how your Rift character feels.
    When my Wow account was comprised (when I wasn't even playing it anymore) the first thing I did was change my password for ever single Financial related site I have accounts on. Bank, Paypal, etc...

Seriously, don't take this advice for granted. With your E-Mail account Comprised, any website account that uses the E-Mail for Password resets is also in jeopardy. Change your E-Mail password, then change all or your passwords everywhere. Just do it.

Worst case, you are severely inconvenienced. Worst case if you don't listen is having to possibly get your money back from thieves billing it through Palpay etc...

Good luck

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Jixer967 View Post
    After playing 4 years of Everquest and 5 with World of Warcraft i have made the move over to Rift. I have never seen so much in game spam for gold and power leveling. I have never seen so many emails spammed to hacking sights. I have never clicked on any nor have i ever given out my info. Sadly i have received many coin locks and now most recently a hacker who has left me coinless and naked in town.

This is not very pleasent news but wait, its gets better. Apparently tuesday Trion saw unusual activity and put the ban on my account. Since i never logged in i was unaware until wednesday when i called Trion to find out why i was banned. After calling customer service in Toronto and talking to someone who barely spoke english i was asked to make a new email account and change pw. No problem. She than informed me that b ecause of the hackers they had to reroll my account back to before the hacking. This is where i have problems with Trion.

I logged onto my account to find 2 of my 3 characters naked and all 3 coinless. No reroll had occurred. I than instantly open a in game ticket and thought maybe i would get a response within a few minutes but after talking to some guild mates i waas informed it could take up to a week for a response. I than windowed out and called Trion again. They put me on hold and checked into the problem. I was than told a GM was informed and waas the same GM who did the initial reroll and that he would be helping me very shortly. I of course asked what very shortly meant and she said within 24 hours. Hmm.

Thursday evening came and again i am still naked and coinless. Friday now arrives and again still no reroll. I now call customer support in Toronto and the agent now says because of all of the many hacking issues Trion is getting i should have never gotten a 24 hour window and was told i could start a new character until the fix. Really? Really??

So here is the best part. I ask for a supervisor. None available and wont be for the rest of the day. Assuming they even have any. SO i asked to talk to someone about canceling my account. Nope, sorry that dept is not accessable atm. WOW. Is anything working over there? So .... I call Trion direct in Redwood City as i only live 20 minutes from them. Answering machine directs me to promp number 1 for customer sercvice....that sends you back to the main menu... CAUSE THAT AINT WORKING EITHER !!! The main menu says to hit 0 for operator so i do .... answering machine is what i receive.

4 years with EQ. 5 years with WoW. Less than 1 month with Rift. Way to establish your self in the gaming industry. Sadly i have brought 2 people over from wow and now i cant even play with them and look like a fool.

Thank You Trion.
    I do feel bad for your situation.

However for someone who claims they have played wow for 5 years, I am sorry, please don't compare in game spam from gold sellers as bad as that game. Or don't you count the regular dancing floating orcs that appeared in ogri every few hours or the fact the ignore list only held so many names, you would have to delete them every so many days to make room for new ones that advertised RMT sites as spam?

Or the fact at one point it got so bad that people on the forums threatened a boycott of the chat channels altogether unless blizzard did something about it, this was after the game being out for 3 years.

So yes once I feel for your problems but I have played both EQ2 and wow for many years and this game is no way near as bad as those 2 have been for in game RMT ads.
    Last edited by Elgarr; 04-08-2011 at 03:59 PM.

Banned

After playing 4 years of Everquest and 5 with World of Warcraft i have made the move over to Rift. I have never seen so much in game spam for gold and power leveling. I have never seen so many emails spammed to hacking sights. I have never clicked on any nor have i ever given out my info. Sadly i have received many coin locks and now most recently a hacker who has left me coinless and naked in town.
    When do people like you lie? Does it make you feel better? You do realize all this post makes me want is to make something up about Blizzard?

Why are you lying? That is my simple question to you.

/reported

I do not have time for such mindless bull
    Last edited by Puremallace; 04-08-2011 at 04:02 PM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Storm View Post
    Dont buy gold, dont get hacked. using your email when buying gold just invites disaster.
    This is not a helpful response. I've gotten hacked while playing another game and at no time did I buy gold or click on any links from an email. I was using an email account that was exclusively set up for that game. I don't look at adult sites since the chemical accident and I most definitely did not have a key logger installed.

Saying you got hacked because you bought gold is insulting and baseless. It is anti-helpful.

Telaran

This is not very pleasent news but wait, its gets better. Apparently tuesday Trion saw unusual activity and put the ban on my account. Since i never logged in i was unaware until wednesday when i called Trion to find out why i was banned. After calling customer service in Toronto and talking to someone who barely spoke english i was asked to make a new email account and change pw. No problem. She than informed me that b ecause of the hackers they had to reroll my account back to before the hacking. This is where i have problems with Trion.

I logged onto my account to find 2 of my 3 characters naked and all 3 coinless. No reroll had occurred. I than instantly open a in game ticket and thought maybe i would get a response within a few minutes but after talking to some guild mates i waas informed it could take up to a week for a response. I than windowed out and called Trion again. They put me on hold and checked into the problem. I was than told a GM was informed and waas the same GM who did the initial reroll and that he would be helping me very shortly. I of course asked what very shortly meant and she said within 24 hours. Hmm.

Thursday evening came and again i am still naked and coinless. Friday now arrives and again still no reroll. I now call customer support in Toronto and the agent now says because of all of the many hacking issues Trion is getting i should have never gotten a 24 hour window and was told i could start a new character until the fix. Really? Really??

So here is the best part. I ask for a supervisor. None available and wont be for the rest of the day. Assuming they even have any. SO i asked to talk to someone about canceling my account. Nope, sorry that dept is not accessable atm. WOW. Is anything working over there? So .... I call Trion direct in Redwood City as i only live 20 minutes from them. Answering machine directs me to promp number 1 for customer sercvice....that sends you back to the main menu... CAUSE THAT AINT WORKING EITHER !!! The main menu says to hit 0 for operator so i do .... answering machine is what i receive.

4 years with EQ. 5 years with WoW. Less than 1 month with Rift. Way to establish your self in the gaming industry. Sadly i have brought 2 people over from wow and now i cant even play with them and look like a fool.

Thank You Trion.
    Maybe you should learn how to not download viruses and keyloggers onto your computer.

I feel bad for you OP, I really do.
    That's pretty horrendous customer service.

On the other hand, Its your fault that you got hacked, and if they got around a coin lock your email address was compromised by your own fault also. Next time just put a ticket in-game and be patient, It'll end up giving better results.

Quote Originally Posted by jdbaker82 View Post
    Maybe you should learn how to not download viruses and keyloggers onto your computer.
    And maybe you should provide evidence of the keylogger/virus name that is the culprit hmmm?

I'm not defending the posters security, after all, how are we to know what protection he has (or hasn't) got in place but these sort of blinkered, narrow minded responses really are getting boring...

Trion already confessed to a lapse in security but as for virus/keyloggers - we still have no actual name of one found on anyones system.
    Last edited by Liandral; 04-08-2011 at 04:29 PM.

14.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #29

So folks,

Please ensure you submit your appeals under the correct category (Hacked Account for this incident). It appears your ticket was not properly categorized and therefore not prioritized.

You should receive assistance on the matter shortly, but we cannot guarantee a swift response if the appeal is not in the proper category.

Apologies for the delay and frustration experienced, resolving issues such as the one you encountered remain our top priority.

Thank you,
    Last edited by Elrar; 04-08-2011 at 04:28 PM.

Pio

Default My Favorite Gold Spammers

Quote Originally Posted by Elgarr View Post
    Well when someone claims rift gold spam worse than wow, you know they are trolling as those who have played wow know this to be a blatant lie. (Wows is the most horrible for gold spam, don't believe me, go waste a months sub to see I am right)

This is just a waste of a thread and if they are serious about there problems, why lie about the RMT problem compared to wow's.

It didnt help them if they are a genuine player who uses the forums, so to me shows its just trolling.
    I loved how they would take the orc gruntlings and make them float over the AH in Org in the shape of a big heart, Then it would morph into their web site URL. All with orc gruntlinsg floating in the air to make the shapes!!!!

This was hapening less than 6 months ago on the largest MMO in the industry.

Yet you feel that Trion, day 31, should do better?

Oh WOW! That is a long time old signature - Should I update that thing?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast