+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Trion not communicating with the community at all for last few weeks?

Rift Disciple

Default Trion not communicating with the community at all for last few weeks?

I really dont get how they cant come out and say if theres gonna be a a dungeon finder, server transfers, server merges, or address anything. Alot of people didnt re sub and are waiting to see what happens. I would be in the same boat but I got another free month. Free month is a waste for me because Im not gonna waste another second in this game until Trion addresses huge issues.

Ascendant

Well, you know... a lot of former mythic devs, same patterns.

General of Telara

1. There are not any huge issues, and if there were in your opinion, you made no effort to define them.
    2. Saying Trion hasn't addressed anything means you aren't paying attention. There are regular posts on the forums, Facebook, Twitter a podcast etc. There is information everywhere from Trion.
    3. How do you know how many people didn't resubscribe?

Seems to me like you are another whiner making nebulous statements.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Malek Wolvesbane View Post
    Ya server status and errors is communicating about big issues.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by TheMove View Post
    You're serious aren't you? Wow...

Sword of Telara

I really dont get how they cant come out and say if theres gonna be a a dungeon finder, server transfers, server merges, or address anything. Alot of people didnt re sub and are waiting to see what happens. I would be in the same boat but I got another free month. Free month is a waste for me because Im not gonna waste another second in this game until Trion addresses huge issues.
    They don;t often post in boards outside the dev tracker board, but there is plenty of information there, it has already been linked for you.

True, we do have some devs from what used to be mythic and is not mythic bioware or some such.

Rift Disciple

Yeah. I mean, why HAVEN'T they redone loads of game code to add a guild bank or re-balance classes or add two more raids and three more dungeons? That should be quick and easy right? Maybe four more PVP zones and a LFG system too.

Quote Originally Posted by Malek Wolvesbane View Post

/thread
    Retired from the forum community 12/19/2017

Rift Disciple

All the dead servers is a prety big issue for a MMO. Lots of people cant find groups on there servers. Means no instances, no rifts. Thats half the game right there unplayable. Leaves solo questing, and PVP.

General of Telara

All the dead servers is a prety big issue for a MMO. Lots of people cant find groups on there servers. Means no instances, no rifts. Thats half the game right there unplayable. Leaves solo questing, and PVP.
    So Rift is responsible for anti-social behavior?

Trion, now I'm angry at you. Develop a cure for Cancer now and stop being so lazy.

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #12

We have said we're working on a dungeon finder, it was in an interview with Scott Hartsman in fact:

http://www.riftwatchers.com/2011/03/...8Rift+Watchers

eremy: I know that it’s a work in progress, I’ve read the stuff on it. In your opinion, do you think [the LFD tool] will be server only or cross-server?

Scott: When we go out, whatever we do first is going to be server-only, you know; it’s going to be single-server, and we’ll see how it works. Here’s what I’d rather do: I’d rather launch something and try to keep it single-server – and again, I’m talking a real Looking For Group system, not only Looking For Dungeon. Like, “I want to find dude to help my with whatever-arbitrary-noun” whether that’s a dungeon, or a rift, or whatever – and so I’d rather we start with that and see how it works, because you can always add cross-server later, as opposed to going cross-server first and then having it take too long.
    And Server Transfers are a work in progress, we're always keeping a close eye on server population but we don't want to upset the balance either:

http://rift.zam.com/story.html?story=25635&storypage=2

ZAM: What's the status on server transfers?
    Hartsman: We actually just rolled out the first part of the back-end tech for that in the 1.01 update. We don't have full server transfers yet. We're going to keep an eye on the queues a little bit and we're going to see if there are places we can target specific servers to offer some moves off to lighter servers. We'll see how that works. The vast majority of times are zero, but even on servers that do have queues, other than one or two servers, it's down to minutes. I'm not too worried, but we'll probably have people taking us up on the offer.
    The info is out there, unfortunately there's many more of you than are us and understandably this can sometimes be hard to find - thanks!
    Last edited by Elrar; 04-08-2011 at 12:56 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Schminus View Post
    Yeah. I mean, why HAVEN'T they redone loads of game code to add a guild bank or re-balance classes or add two more raids and three more dungeons? That should be quick and easy right? Maybe four more PVP zones and a LFG system too.
    You call breaking a class balance? Also more raid and dungeons even though the majority of players cant even find a group to do any instances with.

Rift Disciple

http://www.riftpodcast.com/category/podcast

how many mmo's do you know of have devs talk about their game and things to come in the future as openly as trion does with rift in a WEEKLY podcast?

if you know of any others i bet you can count them all on one hand. i think this is a troll honestly. not sure

Sword of Telara

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    We have said we're working on a dungeon finder, it was in an interview with Scott Hartsman in fact:

http://www.riftwatchers.com/2011/03/...8Rift+Watchers

And Server Transfers are a work in progress, we're always keeping a close eye on server population but we don't want to upset the balance either:

http://rift.zam.com/story.html?story=25635&storypage=2

The info is out there, unfortunately there's many more of you than are us and understandably this can sometimes be hard to find - thanks!
    Thanks for posting, Ill keep this in mind.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast