+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 165

Thread: Addons you would LOVE to see in RIFT

  1. #1
    Soulwalker Gorak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3

    Default Addons you would LOVE to see in RIFT

    I would love to see this Addon in RIFT:

    Dmg meter

    Mob hp info

    CD Counters for BOSS

    AtlasLoot

    Tracking Info


    Edit: No flames of "i dont like addons" whatsoever...
    for flamers -> Addons you hate to see in RIFT
    Last edited by Gorak; 12-27-2010 at 02:31 PM.

  2. #2
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    10

    Default

    BAGMOD <3
    i hate having 18 tiny bags i have to manage....bagmod just made it all one giant window

  3. #3
    Sword of Telara Hack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    England.
    Posts
    577

    Default

    I'd like to see these WoW addons cross over:

    OneBag
    OmniCC
    Lightweight version of Recount
    Prat
    Grid
    Shadowed Unit Frames
    Bartender

  4. #4
    Plane Walker MistressM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gorak View Post
    I would love to see this Addon in RIFT:

    Dmg meter

    Mob hp info

    CD Counters for BOSS

    AtlasLoot

    Tracking Info
    I don't "want" any of them, but some are acceptable. However, stuff like DBM/Atlas Loot turns this into another "let the add-ons play the game for me" mess.

    No Thanks.
    http://www.axiomfiles.com/Files/391408/SigJulianna01.jpg

  5. #5
    Sword of Telara Hack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    England.
    Posts
    577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MistressM View Post
    I don't "want" any of them, but some are acceptable. However, stuff like DBM/Atlas Loot turns this into another "let the add-ons play the game for me" mess.
    Doesn't Atlas Loot just tell you what items drop in each instance? How is that playing the game for you?

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple Sengh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    GBG, Swedenville
    Posts
    131

    Default

    Gearscore.
    I don't see how we're supposed to raid and do instances without it.










    Hahah, juuust kidding.. don't kill me.
    Seriously though, atlasloot would be neat.

  7. #7
    Plane Walker MistressM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    Doesn't Atlas Loot just tell you what items drop in each instance? How is that playing the game for you?
    Yes, but I'm still tired of the plethora of add-ons that tell us everything about every encounter - every boss. It's un-necessary, and once they're introduced to the game - they'll all be required....just like WoW.

    How about this, kill a boss and find out what it drops yourself?? Or, use the auction house without having an add-on tell you what to price everything at!!!! Learn a strat for a boss instead of having an add-on tell you how to kill it!!! Or, OMG keep track of a cooldown yourself - and be responsible for moving the hell outta the way!!! What a concept!! PLAY. THE. GAME.

    Damn.

    (Sorry - I know I'm cranky about add-ons but, they are SO OUT OF HAND)
    http://www.axiomfiles.com/Files/391408/SigJulianna01.jpg

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple Valkadesh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    97

    Default

    I can safely say what addons I would NOT like to see in Rift...

    ANY OF THESE

  9. #9
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MistressM View Post
    Yes, but I'm still tired of the plethora of add-ons that tell us everything about every encounter - every boss. It's un-necessary, and once they're introduced to the game - they'll all be required....just like WoW.

    How about this, kill a boss and find out what it drops yourself?? Or, use the auction house without having an add-on tell you what to price everything at!!!! Learn a strat for a boss instead of having an add-on tell you how to kill it!!! Or, OMG keep track of a cooldown yourself - and be responsible for moving the hell outta the way!!! What a concept!! PLAY. THE. GAME.

    Damn.

    (Sorry - I know I'm cranky about add-ons but, they are SO OUT OF HAND)
    ^This x 1,000,0000

  10. #10
    Ascendant Elux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North West, UK
    Posts
    2,512

    Default

    Not saying I started this off but pfft, talk about taking the idea :|

    MyThread.

    Guild Leader of Reborn.
    Steampike-EU.
    -Disbanded-

  11. #11
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elux View Post
    Not saying I started this off but pfft, talk about taking the idea :|

    MyThread.
    This is the total opposite... I don't get your post.

    Do you mean "my idea, you meanie head stoleded it!"...

    ...?

  12. #12
    Sword of Telara Hack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    England.
    Posts
    577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MistressM View Post
    (Sorry - I know I'm cranky about add-ons but, they are SO OUT OF HAND)
    Most addons just make the default UI better and I don't see a problem with that, there's a few addons that make the game "easier" but most just make it less annoying and more efficient. At the end of the day you're not forced to use addons if you don't want to.

  13. #13
    Shadowlander Psycatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Burbank, CA
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Sorry, but I'd rather have no add-ons for this game as it makes it too easy to figure things out and just makes you a lazy gamer. The ingame UI is modified more than any MMO I've seen and you really don't need to support third party programs for add-ons for RIFT. If it wasn't meant to be in the game thats fine! TRION knows what there doing anyway. Plus add-ons make it so you can hack the ingame structure!

    Flame if you want but that's my opinion not everyone's.

  14. #14
    Plane Walker MistressM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    Most addons just make the default UI better and I don't see a problem with that, there's a few addons that make the game "easier" but most just make it less annoying and more efficient. At the end of the day you're not forced to use addons if you don't want to.
    I'm sorry but, your statement is false....if you want to raid etc. Once add-ons are allowed in game they will be required. Try and find a raiding guild in WoW that doesn't require DBM. You won't.

    So...at the end of the day - you ARE forced to use them if you want to experience end-game.

    I agree with you on making the default UI better. I don't have an issue with cosmetic add-ons - and I can live with damage meters (I don't like them - but, I can live with them)...BUT, anything that trivializes encounters or experiences in game I'm 100% against.
    http://www.axiomfiles.com/Files/391408/SigJulianna01.jpg

  15. #15
    Rift Chaser Carondimonio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gorak View Post
    I would love to see this Addon in RIFT:

    Dmg meter

    Mob hp info

    CD Counters for BOSS

    AtlasLoot

    Tracking Info
    you forgot: gearscore and dbm.
    Also avr and avre would be nice.

    EDIT: Oh and Carbonite, the built-in quest helper is too hard.

    /end sarcasm
    Last edited by Carondimonio; 12-27-2010 at 10:19 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts