+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 96

Thread: The only Way to ''Save This Game".

  1. #16
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jayden202 View Post
    Have you played the game lately? Alot of servers have players quiting due to a weak population. You think having 58 servers is good for anyone? Please explain your reasoning behind such a statement supporting a bad idea. 58 servers splits up all subscribers massively causing boredom and the inability to find groups consistantly. I know servers where you spend almost an hour in a warfront que and twice that time searching for a group to do any instance and your reply was the suggestion of a paragraph? Now people need perfect grammar to state an oppinion concerning a game? People like you are the main reason why the game is starting to suck, and the fact that you sit there claiming my logic is wrong supports that. Right now im in meridan, one of the biggest cities next to whitefall on the defiant side and there are 5 People , I repeat 5!!!!!!!!!! people in that area. The auction house is 1 page for any item skipping from 20-50 and not a single person has more then 3 dyes available. If you feel this game couldnt use a server Merger then your wrong.
    58 Servers - 4:30pm Australian Eastern Standard Time

    57 Servers - Medium
    1 Server - High

    Merges? Not likely, Get some solid proof to back up your stupid claims. WoW has far more servers and actually has multiple dead servers. Instead of merging them Blizzard offered free transfers off dead servers. So theres probably 20 odd servers with less then 100 people. They weren't merged they were just given free transfers.

    "I know servers where you spend almost an hour in a warfront que and twice that time searching for a group to do any instance and your reply was the suggestion of a paragraph?"

    Which servers?

    "Right now im in meridan, one of the biggest cities next to whitefall on the defiant side and there are 5 People , I repeat 5!!!!!!!!!!"

    Awesome, that means that people are actually out in the game world enjoying themselves rather then just standing around e-peening and trolling.

    "The auction house is 1 page for any item skipping from 20-50 and not a single person has more then 3 dyes available. If you feel this game couldnt use a server Merger then your wrong."

    Maybe because there isn't many people up to Lv50 and also the fact that gear isn't massively overpriced so the good stuff is usually always gone pretty fast?
    Last edited by Gill; 04-05-2011 at 12:21 AM. Reason: Reply to a post that was edited

  2. #17
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuknaruk View Post
    Guys, you probably don't understand. Medium population is not good enough. Servers need to have HIGH POP, otherwise many game features cannot be played.

    For example, in last couple of weeks there were NO MAJOR INVASIONS, why?? because there is not enough people to start it. As a result the purple gear from rifts cannot be achieved. And yes this happens on servers with Medium Pop.

    Sadly, but this game is already dying. To mention further the disappointment from PvP players, many of them already left.
    I find it incredibly hard to believe that you had no major invasions. I had 7 major invasions and 2 massive invasions this weekend. And just yesterday there were three major invasions. You're on at the wrong time.

  3. #18
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Game launches, there are long ques and the plyers cried: TRION, MOAR SERVERS!

    One month later: TRION, GAME IS DYING, MERGE SERVERS!

    I never saw that coming...

  4. #19
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightbane View Post
    58 Servers - 4:30pm Australian Eastern Standard Time

    Instead of merging them Blizzard offered free transfers off dead servers
    False...Blizzard only offers free transfers off of full servers with long ques, which doesn't generally help because nobody wants to transfer to the low-pop servers that they open up for the free transfer.

    Why dont they want to go to the low pops? For the exact reasons that the original poster mentioned.

    This is a problem that TRION should consider looking into.
    Last edited by m0b00st; 04-04-2011 at 10:42 PM.

  5. #20
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightbane View Post
    58 Servers - 4:30pm Australian Eastern Standard Time

    57 Servers - Medium
    1 Server - High

    Merges? Not likely, Get some solid proof to back up your stupid claims. WoW has far more servers and actually has multiple dead servers. Instead of merging them Blizzard offered free transfers off dead servers. So theres probably 20 odd servers with less then 100 people. They weren't merged they were just given free transfers.

    "I know servers where you spend almost an hour in a warfront que and twice that time searching for a group to do any instance and your reply was the suggestion of a paragraph?"

    Which servers?

    "Right now im in meridan, one of the biggest cities next to whitefall on the defiant side and there are 5 People , I repeat 5!!!!!!!!!!"

    Awesome, that means that people are actually out in the game world enjoying themselves rather then just standing around e-peening and trolling.

    "The auction house is 1 page for any item skipping from 20-50 and not a single person has more then 3 dyes available. If you feel this game couldnt use a server Merger then your wrong."

    Maybe because there isn't many people up to Lv50 and also the fact that gear isn't massively overpriced so the good stuff is usually always gone pretty fast?
    You guys think that little title <Medium> means the server is doing great? LoL People think 58 servers is a great idea, thats hilarious how many trolls each game actually has. Most with noooooo game knowlege what so ever. But ofcourse they dont care for improvement suggestions, these are most likely the same people holding onto their world of warcrack accounts. Kind of pathetic if you ask me but in any case, a Server merger is needed to improve game quality. And as far as people saying i want more players to avoid ganking? How does that make sense? More players = More Raids, More Guilds, More pvp, More items in AH. And for your information, because a population in a server begins to die that doesnt lower auction house prices. It increases them.
    Last edited by Gill; 04-05-2011 at 12:23 AM. Reason: Reply to a post that was edited

  6. #21
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    23

    Default

    I find it incredibly hard to believe that you had no major invasions. I had 7 major invasions and 2 massive invasions this weekend. And just yesterday there were three major invasions. You're on at the wrong time.:
    Did you get some purple items, sourcestones???

    I mean massive invasions are very rare on Medium Pop servers. And I mean for most zones, not the highest or lowest zones.
    Last edited by Tuknaruk; 04-04-2011 at 10:44 PM.

  7. #22
    RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    16,859

    Default

    Paragraphs:
    Through my experiences with several mmorpgs, the interaction and assistance of others made the games enjoyable. The world pvp, the instances, the groups wether they be organised or pug needed one key element to thrive, and that is.. a strong population. Alot of people find it hard to join warfronts or find good items in the auction house, while many others quit because they cant find a group which further delays their gameplay and level progression.

    Trion started off with a bang because people enjoyed something new but then it started failing in some areas. People started to get bored and find it difficult to see others online and even major towns gave this empty look as though this mmorpg had some how turned into a single player rpg. I looked for reasons as to why the population seemed dead and there it was. OMG 58 Servers, each split into 2 opposing factions. 58 Servers was the biggest mistake taking an under-estimated population and diluting them so massively. Thats like putting drops of water in a desert expecting plants to grow.

    When you have toooooooo much open space anything drys out, and does so fast. If this game has any hope to continue being the fun mmorpg i know it can be Trion needs to merge ALOTTTTTTT of these servers and condense them down on a rediculous level. The people to subscription ratio doesnt support the idea to have soooooooooo many realms , especially in the beggining when the game is still so fresh. Rather then people joining, people are quiting and going back to other heavy populated games. I have friends that still prefer playing runescape.... cmon nowwww runescapeee.... Trion you guys need to merge alottttttttt of these servers allowing people to get what they need in the game and thats >>More People.
    I fixed the paragraph breaks. Can't do anything about the stupid.

  8. #23
    Nef
    Nef is offline
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    87

    Default

    while many others quit because they cant find a group which further delays their gameplay and level progression.

    I find that going with other players (dungeons/WFs) actually delays my gameplay and level progression.
    Viking

  9. #24
    Nef
    Nef is offline
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    87

    Default

    1/10 for effort, thats all i can give you.
    Viking

  10. #25
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nef View Post
    1/10 for effort, thats all i can give you.
    Ahhh how trolls multiply like inbred children.

  11. #26
    RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    16,859

    Default

    Rather then trying your hardest to correct my **Paragraphs* Use that *Superior* knowlege you boast about, and offer suggestions to futher the game progression.
    Ahh, but the game isn't the problem. The problem is that someone who can neither write nor think is inexplicably unhappy with something.

    Most warfronts the que is long because the game cant find enough ***in players
    Maybe they should just merge servers for warfronts, by having multiple servers share a warfront... oh, wait, they already do that.

    Your inability to express yourself is not my problem, it's your problem. When you have learned to think more coherently, you'll find that writing also gets easier, as does solving your problems. Hint: There are other players who are not having these "problems". They're something you're doing, not something wrong with your environment.
    Last edited by Gill; 04-05-2011 at 12:02 AM. Reason: Reply to a post that was removed

  12. #27
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default

    I have to agree with op. When I'm questing there's no others around. Feels like I'm the only one in my shard. Chat channels are quiet and in capital city I can see only handfull of people, except some rare peak hours. I haven't been able to do any instances, because there's no one around.

    Merging servers would greatly improve gameplay. I really don't understand why all these trolls think other.

  13. #28
    Pye
    Pye is offline
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    202

    Default

    Queues for a warfront, that never happened in WoW did it. So all those hours I waited for Alterac Valley never happened, I obviously imagined those queues bad me. Or when they changed Wintergrasp to 1 for 1 and then you could never get in! I can't count the amount of times Arathi Basin was ended early for not enough players.

    What exactly was your point again?
    Last edited by Gill; 04-05-2011 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Reply to a post that was removed

  14. #29
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    I like forums.



    Ahh, but the game isn't the problem. The problem is that someone who can neither write nor think is inexplicably unhappy with something.



    Maybe they should just merge servers for warfronts, by having multiple servers share a warfront... oh, wait, they already do that.

    Your inability to express yourself is not my problem, it's your problem. When you have learned to think more coherently, you'll find that writing also gets easier, as does solving your problems. Hint: There are other players who are not having these "problems". They're something you're doing, not something wrong with your environment.
    We are all playing a game with magic, monsters and fairies. Dragons, goblins and trolls and you want to shout intelligence, maturity and the importance of grammar? I've already asked around and yet again, many people also feel that if they condensed the server list and merged a few together it would better the gameplay having more people to pve, pvp, warfront, trade or compete with. If your server doesnt have that problem well heyyy good for you, and stop crying all over my post. You never know, you could just be using spell check before hitting submit then saying your Responses are *perfect*.
    Last edited by Gill; 04-05-2011 at 12:06 AM. Reason: inappropriate language

  15. #30
    Telaran Ongikami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    My dumpster
    Posts
    72

    Default

    TL;DR

    Oh and yes 1/10 try harder OP
    - Keep the beast inside, Shackled within my hide, Screaming out too late, Losing to my hate.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts