Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Defend your game!

Soulwalker

Default Defend your game!

So I've been playing this game a few weeks now and I'm finding it to be an obvious clone as we knew it would be. My question for everyone is if you're going to pay a monthly fee then why not go for the one with more support and a more balanced pve/pvp system? I've not raided yet but am close to it and have heard there wasn't much challenge in comparison. I know the game is new but I think you guys will find yourself in the same situation in the end. Not flaming just genuinely curious as to what aspects people are enjoying more or at all just in general.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by punt View Post
    So I've been playing this game a few weeks now and I'm finding it to be an obvious clone as we knew it would be. My question for everyone is if you're going to pay a monthly fee then why not go for the one with more support and a more balanced pve/pvp system? I've not raided yet but am close to it and have heard there wasn't much challenge in comparison. I know the game is new but I think you guys will find yourself in the same situation in the end. Not flaming just genuinely curious as to what aspects people are enjoying more or at all just in general.
    Because you're a troll and we don't feed your kind around here.
    That's exactly what a hacker would say...

There is no need to 'defend' Rift.

You either have fun plating or you don't. There is nothing to 'defend' in that.

It's the same reason that you watch a new TV series that is starting out and looks exciting and interesting instead of the one that jumped the shark years ago.

Last game of mine was for the Apple II, dont know that I can remember enough about it to defend it against much of anything.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

Because Rifts problems can and will be fixed. WoW's issues are rooted and will never go away.
    Day gives way to night on the storefront mannequins, the audience with Mona Lisa grins.
    Moonlight builds emotion as the players scuttle in.
    Pull the curtain back and let the show begin....

Rift Disciple

people have been screaming at mmo devs on their own forums for a few years now, if they haven't got it right by now then they deserve to fail.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Jhenox View Post
    It's the same reason that you watch a new TV series that is starting out and looks exciting and interesting instead of the one that jumped the shark years ago.
    You got burned by Lost... didn't you?
    Daishiki
    Deepwood :: Eth Warrior :: "It's Swahili... for something..."
    Scrunt
    Wolfsbane :: Dwarf Warrior :: "I will tank it, or spank it... especially if she's good lookin'!"

Because even if a game has perfect mechanics and balance and everything works properly, I won't play it if it looks like Dora the Explorer online, and has a community of juvenile fanbois.
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

Well if your seriously asking then this is what I like about Rift.

1) Rifts kinda goes without says, there fun and unexpected.

2) Storyline, I like the guardian side story line and the fact that even though they worship these gods the main characters aren't prefect little drones.

3) Puzzles in each zone.

4) Achivements...these are driving me crazy but still fun to look for and get done.

5) Dungeons are fun, normally only run them once, for the quest, I'm not a raider type.

6) You can get your gear from multiple sources not just dungeoning over and over again.

I'm sure there are only small things but that's the jist.

Edit: Heheh I guess I'm the only one that answer the question.
    Last edited by Rallon; 04-04-2011 at 08:37 AM.
    Please be nice to the trolls, it confuses them.

Rift Chaser Drizzt of the Underdark's Avatar

No need to defend this game, it can defend itself.

You are a dirty troll. No! Bad Troll! Bad!

I will roll up a newspaper and smack you in the nose! Don't make me do it!
    When I get sad, I stop being sad, and be awesome instead. ~ Barney Stinson

Quote Originally Posted by Scrunt View Post
    You got burned by Lost... didn't you?
    The series summed up in a single tweet: "Damaged people crash on damaged island. People fix each other, then island. All consumed in bright light. Yay! (or Boo!)"

I could have, today, decided to not renew my sub and go back to a game that's had years more dev hours and balancing but I got tired of EQ a long time ago. No matter how long it's been worked on, sometimes you just need to move on. Even if the next place you land is strangely familiar.
    There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die at the end of your blade.

I lasted 3 months at release in the game that shall not be named. went back for another 3 months after one of the expansions was released. Found it way to easy.

Still liking rift so they will get my money for now. Time will tell if it lasts.

Really like the dev team here. They continue to impress me with the speed and intelligence at which they fix stuff. Do wish theyed be a bit more vocal on these forums thou, has always been a pet peeve of mine when they don't.

So I've been playing this game a few weeks now and I'm finding it to be an obvious clone as we knew it would be. My question for everyone is if you're going to pay a monthly fee then why not go for the one with more support and a more balanced pve/pvp system?
    I do hope you're not talking about WoW, because if so, you're delusional...
    "I'm old enough to know that a longer life isn't always a better one. In the end, you just get tired. Tired of the struggle. Tired of losing everyone that matters to you. Tired of watching everything turn to dust. If you live long enough, Lazarus, the only certainty left is that you'll end up alone." -- The Doctor, Doctor Who: The Lazarus Experiment

Sword of Telara

wow is old and busted

rift is the new hotness

No need to defend my game. I have fun in one and not in the other.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast