+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Let us see when Invasions are going on around the world.

Quote Originally Posted by jokomul View Post
    Stick it where the world event button is now. Just a little panel that says what zones have events going on.
    Good point, the new World Event UI could include an auto updated window that shows zones currently under siege.
    Last edited by Tarka; 04-03-2011 at 10:37 AM.

Telaran

/yes please

Plane Touched

Can't see rifts or invasions on the map in zones you're not currently in - simple fix there, just put them all on the world map.

/invasions channel lvl 1-50 would be nice, but people would spam crap, and it's reliant on people joining the channel and announcing invasions.

With the exception of 50's rolling through low level zones to get event rifts, some of these invasions overwhelm whole zones in off hours when not enough people are around and a few 50's can come help and clear the zone much faster. If it's us vs. the rifts, I'll welcome all the help I can get, and am willing to go to lower zones to help out - I just gotta know where and when I'm needed. When 5-6 waves of elite invaders hit up a wardstone at the same time, it takes a full 20 man raid of at level toons to slow them down - or what usually happens is they tear through the 3-5 people who stopped the first 2 waves and take the stone down in a few seconds. That happens to all the wardstones in the zone, and quest fails, boss doesn't spawn and we have to pick off the invaders as best we can to try to get our quest hubs back.

An invasion tracker window, improved world map, or some sort of announcing alert system would be immensely helpful.

Banned

Yea I made this same kind of thread a week ago. Need to keep these things up so Trion sees them.

I would simply like to see all activity on the map. At least then it requires people uncover the zones and monitor the map. While I do think a "World Defense" type of channel would be nice, I have to agree that until such time as it's fixed in some way that 50s aren't farming low level rift events then I'm not sure we should make it that easy.

Not to derail the topic, but I really do think some type of ability scaling to the level of the target rift event should be introduced to prevent 50s from steamrolling things. I'm not in favor of removing rep gains because they'd still do it for the achievements.

Id rather see some kind of world chat system like suggested above rather then added to the map. I dont want to know where everything is happening with a quick glance I want the people who i play with everyday to interact more like a community. We need to help each other and create better in game experiences rather then try and get trion to fix every little thing people think is wrong.

This would also help with PVP on those shards. A pvp chat channel where people can call out sitings of groups or raids. Call for help or come to help others in other zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Niyo View Post
    I said it before and i will say it again:

It cuts out some of the excitement and fun. Do you want to be spoon-fed your rewards? Where is the challenge?

I enjoy seeking out my rifts, travelling from area to area. Don't try to tell me that its inefficiant and impossible to do quickly, I have the server first and currently the most otherwordly sourcestone on my server, Faeblight, so i know it works.

Simply, is it not enough that you get a tactical map of each zone (the M map, showing rifts in your zone) ?

Why do we need the map to show the world events?

I wouldn't mind say, a small flashing icon in a zone showing that something is occuring, but not what till your in the zone, but otherwise I do not like the idea of having my hand held.

Rifting is a huge part of this game, i like the way the map works as it is. It will take out the surprise and excitement of the events if you know exactly where they are occuring at any given time!

Furthermore, what about the lowbies? When all the level 50's can see an event in the 50 area, so all go to it, and then say, Freemarch has a proper jakub assault. What if everyone is over in other zones because they can see a 'bigger' reward? Will it not become about which gives you more gear and rewards, than the whole point of 'pushing back' the enemy and saving the day?

This is all speculation, but I personally like it as it is. I do not want to see every single invasion, rift and battle on my map. From a lore perspective, how would you even know that a rift was opening at X,Y,Z in Silverwood when you are sat in Gloamwood? etc.

just my two cents
    I understand your point but I think the biggest problem with rifts right now is lack of participation. If everyone knew where the invasions were going on then everyone would be able to get there, and that could lead to bigger, more epic invasions due to the sudden increase in zone population.

bumping again

Rift Master

well it would make things easier but i sort of like seeing someone mention it in the chat, there isn't a lot of chatting going on - oh i see ppl everywhere but they aren't talking much in the level chats - the information sharing gives us a chance to strike up a chat and say thanks to each other

We only play this game for the Rifts and Invasions - the lack of them, and the lack of an ability to find where they were happening, resulted in us cancelling our founders' subs.

No point paying 6 months worth on a game you're finding frustrating as they've cut back on the item it was named for, was there?

The last area we REALLY had fun in was Silverwood, 30 levels ago, when the Rifts and Invasions were at the correct 'semi-manic' level to ensure constant fun with occasional bathroom breaks
    Is it a dream?
    Nay but the lack of it the dream,
    And failing it life's lore and wealth a dream
    And all the world a dream.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2