+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Blade Dancer Purple Outline

Quote Originally Posted by Abigale View Post
    After reading this thread over the weekend, I came in to work today looking for answers. Here is what I found out.

Not all souls are available when you create your character. Some souls can only be obtained when you reach level 15/30.

The Blade Dancer is the first class we have revealed that is not a starter soul. That's why it is in purple.

There will be more purple outlines to come.
    Thank you for taking the time and clarifying with the Blade Dancer.

LF more classes announcements!

After reading this thread over the weekend, I came in to work today looking for answers. Here is what I found out.

Not all souls are available when you create your character. Some souls can only be obtained when you reach level 15/30.

The Blade Dancer is the first class we have revealed that is not a starter soul. That's why it is in purple.

+1 Point for Abigale TY so much for asking around for us *bounce* What I am even more excited about it that this means a purifier is a starter soul

Regards,
    Kalbuir

Official Rift Fan Site Operator Ciovala's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anagain View Post
    I must say I hadn't realised there would be souls that only became available at level 15. I was always of ther assumption that there were heroic souls that you could draft in to your build at the very highest levels. I just assumed these heroic souls were those found through adventuring and were the more complex choices.

Wouldn't it be great if heroic souls were special named souls from heroes of the past that had possibly been dead too long to be reborn? They will be your basic bladedancer, elementalist or champion souls (for example) with bonuses. A modified form of AA if you like.

Can't wait to see all the gaps filled in.
    I think all souls are historic figures:
    Quote Originally Posted by missdoomccookie View Post
    The idea is that, yes, you are taking on the soul of an individual from history who founded/embodied that particular fighting/magic/etc style, and so in releasing this class lore, we are giving you a peek at the person whose powers you are taking on. So yes, the idea is that there is this one soul who all individuals with each soul are taking on the powers from. It is the same MMO trope as everyone possessing X fabled item (if raiding King Arthur dropped "Excalibur").
    Last edited by Ciovala; 07-19-2010 at 11:35 PM. Reason: post number

A wiki is only as good as its contributors won't you help?
    The original Rift Wiki - EN DE FR
    [Add a guild] [Add an Item] [Add a Quest]

Quote Originally Posted by Liziana View Post
    It was said that the souls you "find" are the heroic ones...that said Abi didn't say it was a "found" one, so it could be a trained one.
    Technically I have to "find" the Trainer, though, right?

Heh, I see what you are saying. I'd just like a little bit more of a definition if Abi can toss one out to us.

"No plan of operations extends with certainty beyond the first encounter with the enemy's main strength."
    ~Helmuth Karl Bernhard Graf von Moltke

Gnarlwood [Defiant]

Doh! I was really looking forward to starting off as a Bladedancer! I guess I'll have to work for that honour which is just as equally appealing, I suppose.

Thanks for the info!

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator Sornin's Avatar

The plot thickens! Well, sort.

Go here now: http://www.riftgame.com/en/classes/index.php

The purple outline is now gold. Either it is simply a cosmetic change, or the Blade Dancer has been recategorized and purple will be used elsewhere again.

Yes, I have too much time on my hands. I blame the weekend.

A question then:

We've seen the phrase "32 starting souls" a few times; if the Bladedancer isn't a class you can start as, are they counted as one of the 32?

Quote Originally Posted by Mirander View Post
    A question then:

We've seen the phrase "32 starting souls" a few times; if the Bladedancer isn't a class you can start as, are they counted as one of the 32?
    Good call. Going to have to wait and see on this one. That tidbit of info was from a GamingWeez interview on June 17. Wonder if things have changed, or if it was just misinterpreted, or if there are going to be a lot more souls listed on that page then it appears.

Is it strange that that shes outlined with gold for me? Am I alone with this oddity?

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoticHamster View Post
    Is it strange that that shes outlined with gold for me? Am I alone with this oddity?
    That means you get a free closed beta code!

Party time!

Want a Melee Mage? Support the Theurgist!

Unhappy

NO WAY(not cool)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4