+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Crafting Info

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by talerran View Post
    I really doubt that most of the critics of the Rift crafting system did much with it than breeze through to see how far they could go. There are more options than in WOW. You can add things (mostly from Rift drops). I saw a huge variety of those. I was also able to produce a better than normal item once in a while. I am the person who likes to be able to use what he makes and this system suited me perfectly - I liked it. I have played Vanguard and SOE games and the crafting there was one of the reasons I got bored. Plus, it amazes me that the critics are so harsh when we have only seen the first 20 levels of the game!!!
    if more dept than wow is the differents between .25 inches and .3 inches then yes it has more depth but i do aggree from the items i made most where better than quest drops or mob drops at least at the skill lvls they allowed in the betas so far so most items are usefull but i see that getting ruined by players demanding better quest drops
    America will never fall to an external power, because it has already fallen to powers within.
    There are very few new ideas most are recycled to look new and given a bit of polish.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyvian View Post
    i do like the crafting, i wouldnt mind a small chance to proc something awsome though.
    And that's why people are calling for an overhaul - the need to get more out of crafting.
    But making it the actual profession and not the activity of pushing buttons, it needs lore, depth and its own system. Devs did say there will be more coming to crafting department later in Beta. Lets hope its true and in line with what was requested

Quote Originally Posted by Silverlocke View Post
    i think thats part of the problem almost everyone considers crafting a mini game guess i was spoiled in vanguard where crafting is basically 1/3 of the game if you wantes to you could just be a total crafter in vanguard
    A mini-game is not a separate game, its a part of the game that uses different rules and mechanics in order to give players a more varied play experience than they would otherwise have.

Warfronts are mini-games.
    Last edited by Noaani; 01-06-2011 at 09:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Debase View Post
    If the only target audience for Rift is disenfranchised WoW players, its doomed imo.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Akitosuki View Post
    yeah the great auction house that in beta had absolutely nothing in it but a few generic blues priced way over the amount of money I had from all three days combined. There were plenty of more easily obtained blues that were even better then those. Tell me do you want to gather mana for me, it's only going to take about 1-4 hours of your gametime for three days. In aion I would buy 1000 mana potions that gave about 1000 mana regen for a total of 1 million kinah. It would only take me about three days while playing actively to go through all of those. Just to compare number wise that would cost me something like 3000 gold = (100 gold = 1 plat) = 300 plat for 3 days. In beta I got a total of 5 plat.

Judging from a game as massive as aion common items such as mana would easily become a rarely sold and overpriced item on the auction house. Easily obtainable whites and even alot of greens in aion became npc sell items because they never sold on the auction house. Almost all of the items you can craft in rift will fall into this category.
    lol its beta not surprised there wasn't much in it lots of people just gave stuff away or made things for matts lol no need to make a ton of gold in beta to have it deleted at the release of the game lol i mad enough from junk sales and quest rewards to buy the mount well before 20th lvl and buy dyes at 10gold each from the vendor to spice up the armor a little
    America will never fall to an external power, because it has already fallen to powers within.
    There are very few new ideas most are recycled to look new and given a bit of polish.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Noaani View Post
    A mini-game is not a separate game, its a part of the game that uses different rules and mechanics in order to give players a more varied play experience than they would otherwise have.

Warfronts are mini-games.
    ok then crafting in Rifts is a mini hobby not even a mini game

Quote Originally Posted by Silverlocke View Post
    ok then crafting in Rifts is a mini hobby not even a mini game
    Yep, all it needs to be a really good system is some form of player interaction in the crafting process.

As it stands now, crafting is more like a trade with an invisible NPC than a player activity - I'll swap you these components for that sword. I mean, if the crafting stations were given an NPC appearance, would anyone even consider the system in game as crafting?
    Last edited by Noaani; 01-06-2011 at 09:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Debase View Post
    If the only target audience for Rift is disenfranchised WoW players, its doomed imo.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8