Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 70 Artifact Collections Missing a Single Artifact

Soulwalker

Default 70 Artifact Collections Missing a Single Artifact

Trion really needs to fix this. There is no reason someone who puts so much time and effort into artifact collecting should only have 50 collections completed with 70 missing a single artifact, and many others missing only 2.

I rarely see anything I need on the auction house and I check it every few hours. I have foregone getting the normal epic mount because I have invested so much time into collecting artifacts to get the artifact mount.

Now I am only half way there and already level 50.

I hedged my bets by unlocking many collections and I check the AH thoroughly for artifacts I don't have. I make sure to buy anything for sets that are nearly complete. If I have left over gold, I buy artifacts for undiscovered sets, hoping that new collection will be easier to complete.

I have probably wasted a lot of gold on this. In hindsight I wish I had just saved up for the normal mount, but I've gone too far to turn back now.

I have picked up thousands of artifacts, and of those, only 3 have been rare. Only 1 of those was an artifact I didn't already have from the AH.

The entire system needs to be redone. IMO.

There should be two methods to completing a set. Collecting the single rare artifact or by collecting all of the common artifacts. That would net you the lucky coin either way. Collecting the rare and common artifacts would net a bonus.

Of course I expect detractors who are either extremely lucky or who are on higher pop. servers to not share my views. I still feel that Trion has needlessly made this aspect of the game tedious and unrewarding.
    Last edited by Crowyn; 03-30-2011 at 12:43 PM.

Shadowlander

Eh, they are supposed to be hard to find. The high cost artifact items are supposed to be high status items and hard to get, I think this qualifies.

It sucks that you hedged your bets like that, but that is part of the risk of such a deal.

Also, from personal experience, I have found that the artifact nodes that are way off the beaten path tend to have a higher chance at spawning the harder to find artifacts. Not sure if this is a feature or just good luck on my part, but it has been my experience.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Thrishmal View Post
    Eh, they are supposed to be hard to find. The high cost artifact items are supposed to be high status items and hard to get, I think this qualifies.

It sucks that you hedged your bets like that, but that is part of the risk of such a deal.

Also, from personal experience, I have found that the artifact nodes that are way off the beaten path tend to have a higher chance at spawning the harder to find artifacts. Not sure if this is a feature or just good luck on my part, but it has been my experience.
    good luck for you. i've farmed well over a thousand artifacts and gotten MAYBE 3 blues that werent invasion related.

That's one of the problems with having a random system. On a computer, it's not really all that random.
    "Death is Coming, QUICK, put on the Gold Hat"

Telaran

Artifacts rates are fine. Rare is, well, rare. I have 143 sets complete now. all the remaining missing just the blue rare other than 2. I get a couple completions now per day on average. so at this rate it will take me 2 months to complete them all. I'm sorry you couldn't get your Shiny Tartagon in 3 days. That's what makes having one special. Hang in there and it will come. If all you are worried about s collecting "Shinies", then you are missing a lot of other fun stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by akilleraj View Post
    I'm sorry you couldn't get your Shiny Tartagon in 3 days. That's what makes having one special.
    Just ewww... butt ugly.

Plane Touched

is it really ugly? All those collections surely would net a good looking mount. anyone got a pic?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ravara View Post
    is it really ugly? All those collections surely would net a good looking mount. anyone got a pic?
    imagine the collectors edition mount...but white..and add 50% to the speed.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Bixxith View Post
    imagine the collectors edition mount...but white..and add 50% to the speed.
    So that's what I saw earlier today, hmmm...

Why not just give everyone all of them. save all that blasted searching around and such.

Telaran

Ever played that monopoly contest at McDonald's? Everyone has boardwalk...I just need park place!

Rift Chaser

The blue and green items are kinda pointless, due to simple rng , you are already in a situation where you are more likely to find 4 out of five artifacts from a set multiple times before finding the final, it is kinda a murphys law.
    I think they put the rare ones in because there are too many artifact spawn points, so they have to throttle the aquisition a bit, it is stupid.

if you go around roads and pick artifacts from the side then what do you expect? you need to look at the right place, climb everywhere, rare and greens are not at normal places where you usually quest or travel by so look harder you will find them , trion dont need to look at this its just fine. from only 4 zones hunting and AH i got my shiny mount within 1 week.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by clankyasp View Post
    if you go around roads and pick artifacts from the side then what do you expect? you need to look at the right place, climb everywhere, rare and greens are not at normal places where you usually quest or travel by so look harder you will find them , trion dont need to look at this its just fine. from only 4 zones hunting and AH i got my shiny mount within 1 week.

Dunno, i have not noticed a difference in artifacts from weird locations and along roads, i have found most of those ancient caches or what it is called and puzzles, climb/go everywhere "you have joined channel Telara" , rng is rng i guess

The whole "rarer artifacts show up off the beaten path" just isn't true. It's one of those speculations that people like to believe in. I've picked up 9 blue artifacts off the ground. Of those, one was under a box in Sanctuary in Iron Pine, another was under a cart right outside Lantern Hook, a third was just outside of Hammerknell along the road, and another was behind a house at some quest hub in Iron Pine.

Also, I've sold 5 of those 9 rare artifacts and gotten ~150 plat off them. If you're going for economic efficiency, just go buy a horse. If you want a special turtle mount though, that's a different story.
    Last edited by Aleros; 03-31-2011 at 01:36 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast