+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Upgrading Wardstones

Rift Disciple

Default Upgrading Wardstones

Hello there.

I think that there should be a quest that has you upgrade a wardstone and have the quest explain why it is important to do so. The reason I say this is because most people I have talked to don't know about upgrading wardstones even when they are level 40+.

The area boss events are so much harder to win without everyone's cooperation in upgrading wardstones so that the enemies might not kill the wardstones instantly. Maybe if you made a daily quest in each zone to upgrade a wardstone, maybe THEN we might not instantly lose all our stones and therefore lose the possible epic shard drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiniky View Post
    Hello there.

I think that there should be a quest that has you upgrade a wardstone and have the quest explain why it is important to do so. The reason I say this is because most people I have talked to don't know about upgrading wardstones even when they are level 40+.

The area boss events are so much harder to win without everyone's cooperation in upgrading wardstones so that the enemies might not kill the wardstones instantly. Maybe if you made a daily quest in each zone to upgrade a wardstone, maybe THEN we might not instantly lose all our stones and therefore lose the possible epic shard drop.
    your right- as I always see you have lost a wardstone virtually off the bat at the start of an invasion- mobs make a beeline straight for it and kill it before people get thereto defend it.

I would like some warning as well as a vendor next to the wardstone to buy the items needed to upgrade it - or is there one there already? as I can never save the wardstone.

Is it possible to know which wardstone to upgrade and when?
    could we do it while we questing in the area so that it is all ready for the assault when an invasion starts?
    it means whatever just happened is worse than an "error #2000" but not as bad as an "error #2002"?
    Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Ianb4all View Post
    your right- as I always see you have lost a wardstone virtually off the bat at the start of an invasion- mobs make a beeline straight for it and kill it before people get thereto defend it.

I would like some warning as well as a vendor next to the wardstone to buy the items needed to upgrade it - or is there one there already? as I can never save the wardstone.

Is it possible to know which wardstone to upgrade and when?
    could we do it while we questing in the area so that it is all ready for the assault when an invasion starts?
    If I'm understanding the question, you can upgrade the wardstone at any time using your Ascended Power. You need 1 Planar Charge per upgrade performed. Augment Wardstone, purchased from the planar goods vendor, 50 Planarite. This will add extra HP to the wardstone, possibly reduce damage done as well. At least it buys a little time per upgrade for it to be saved. Need people to care enough to stop questing and rally at each wardstone, which is tough cause even when they do, typically bunch up at 1-2 in a zone, not spread throughout.

Also you can use another Ascended ability once purchased to summon guards, and I think for another power summon a turret that will attack any enemy nearby, although I've never tried that power...I was on the receiving end when some guildies and I took over a Guardian's outpost, someone must have used that defensive ability. Does decent, persistent damage to a lvl 40, until the wardstone crumbled anyways.

+ Reply to Thread