Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Snake Tears, where did you farm yours.

Default Snake Tears, where did you farm yours.

I've been farming snakes for this between WF queue's, I must have killed several hundred and still no joy. I don't really want to spend 10-15p for one on the AH so Im wondering if anyone has found a good place to farm this.

I've personally just been running around shimmersand and drought lands.

Quote Originally Posted by Erravi View Post
    I've been farming snakes for this between WF queue's, I must have killed several hundred and still no joy. I don't really want to spend 10-15p for one on the AH so Im wondering if anyone has found a good place to farm this.

Stillmoor. The cobras you find in Shimmersand and Droughtlands have a much lower base chance to drop a piece of loot (of which Snake tears is one of several possible drops). Not saying you can't get the tears in those zones, but you'll get them much faster in Stillmoor. (Gloamwood has snakes with the same loot table/drop rate, but not nearly as many spawns)

I imagine that when they increased the drop rate for tears in late beta(?) they didn't increase the drop rate for all types of snakes.
    Last edited by -Swag-; 03-29-2011 at 06:24 AM.
    Noco@Wolfsbane

General of Telara

On a plane.

Quote Originally Posted by Malek Wolvesbane View Post
    On a plane.
    HA!

I am fully convinced that it depends who you are. I have killed hundreds of snakes, and no tear. But a guildy seems to get 2-3 a day if he is farming them. Not sure why, but it's true.
    Shut your pie hole!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Squeegee View Post
    I am fully convinced that it depends who you are. I have killed hundreds of snakes, and no tear. But a guildy seems to get 2-3 a day if he is farming them. Not sure why, but it's true.
    LOL yea the GMs watch all the snake tear farmers and somehow didn't like your outfit and replaced your snakes with those that never cry!

Agrona/Hailol-Glen of Monrylee, Souq Asha, Shangri La; Aggy/Faeblight-Remnants of Atlantis; Sheelana/Hailol-RobCo Industries; Caladria/Faeblight-Ynys Afallach; Bodicca/Faeblight: Uznahgaar Volum

Plane Touched

I'm like the 3rd person in my guild to get my snake tear I think. I got mine in Stillmoor while working on achievements. I kill every snake I run across in my travels, so I have no idea how many I've killed. I'm going to continue killing them to help out guild members.
    My dungeon experiences and builds as a 2h Cleric tank are posted on my blog. All T1 and most T2 expert dungeons complete.

I've also posted the coordinates for all exploration achievements on my website (redesign in the works): http://tehkrizz.net/RIFT/exploration.php

Stillmoor

10chars

Shield of Telara

Think I got mine outside the lantern in droughtlands

Plane Touched

Just wait for a snake to bite Chuck Norris...then collect the tears.

(yeah, that was bad and those jokes are old...couldn't resist)

got mine and my guildies snake tears within 5 hours of eachother is Droughtlands. 2 snakes per spawn point and way more snake spawns then stillmoor = better chance. That's my opinion tho

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Rizzaria View Post
    Just wait for a snake to bite Chuck Norris...then collect the tears.

(yeah, that was bad and those jokes are old...couldn't resist)
    He said he wanted SNAKE TEARS, not CHUCK NORRIS TEARS!

Seems the snakes in Stillmoore and Drought lands drop vendor trash, however the snakes in shimmersand never seem to drop anything.

hrm, well will give stillmoore a try after the update. any particular spot in stillmoore I should look? or just run around the whole zone?

Plane Touched

i have been reading in /gu how our explorers and high lvls talked about gathering snake tears, posting attempt numbers, places to farm etc.

since i was a lowbie set on lvling and not sure what it was for, i never bothered.

yesterday, I was 49 and i was doing the first few quests in Stillmore, where there is a graveyard. I saw a snake and I was bored, so I said what the hell, let me kill it. It dropped a snake tear.

number of attempts: 1 success ratio: %100.

I am not sure if this is dumb luck, or if that graveyard has anything to do with it, but just wanted to share so maybe it helps.

Plane Walker

This item is still stupidly rare. Is this intended or still broken?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast