+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How is your server populations?

Default How is your server populations?

I'm on Harrow. It's listed as "high" on population. However, our shard forums is at around 1700 posts. I don't see a large population in the city (sanctum) or just out and about. Briarcliff is also "high" maybe "full" now but has over 10,000 forum posts. This leads me to believe it is much more active.

How are the server populations and is there a correlation between number of forum posts and server activity?

Does your shard have low forum posts? If so, how is the population?

I think there is and I'm a bit sad to see such low numbers after the fact I've invested enough time to have a level 29
    Simona - Cleric - Guardian - Harrow

Soulwalker

I was on Neddra(sp?) and I would never run into anyone and it would literally take hours to get a group together to do an instance (at this stage of a games release, the place should be swarming with low lvl toons) I could run across the low lvl zone and not run into a single person.

I switched to Nyx and now there's TONs of people.

If people really think that there isn't a pop issue on some servers, they're on crack. Just cause what you see in your area doesn't mean other people's complaints aren't legit.

Quote Originally Posted by MaKa View Post
    I'm on Harrow. It's listed as "high" on population. However, our shard forums is at around 1700 posts. I don't see a large population in the city (sanctum) or just out and about. Briarcliff is also "high" maybe "full" now but has over 10,000 forum posts. This leads me to believe it is much more active.

How are the server populations and is there a correlation between number of forum posts and server activity?

Does your shard have low forum posts? If so, how is the population?

I think there is and I'm a bit sad to see such low numbers after the fact I've invested enough time to have a level 29
    I play on Emberlord and it's medium to high pop server but it's a ghost town from lvl 30+. I haven't been abke to do any dungeons since dsm or even rifts since stonefield. I'm not sure if Trion is trying to trick people by giving out false shard information on capacity or if I might be questing in the wrong areas but if a server is high pop, where is everyone hiding?
    Strive for Peace with acts of war
    The beauty of death we all adore
    I have no faith distracting me
    I know why your prayers will never be answered

-36 threads
    -passing by other players: max 3-5 a day...
    thats all for the living part..
    Truth hurts, but your lies are ****ing agony.

It just means one server has more forum trolls than the other. Forum posts =/= population.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by W0WsUx View Post
    I play on Emberlord and it's medium to high pop server but it's a ghost town from lvl 30+. I haven't been abke to do any dungeons since dsm or even rifts since stonefield. I'm not sure if Trion is trying to trick people by giving out false shard information on capacity or if I might be questing in the wrong areas but if a server is high pop, where is everyone hiding?
    Also on Emberlord. Scarwood Reach had tons of players, both Guardian and Defiant, during an invasion last night. Keep in mind as you level up there are more area/zone choices than at the lower levels. I think you are just witnessing a spreading out of the population, rather than a decline.

I'm just worried that if I stay on Harrow It won't improve that much. I don't want to put all this effort into a server that "may" die.

On the other hand I'm not trying to go to somewhere thats a giant lag fest with ques.

And I haven't heard about server xfers and what they will entail as far as cost and what servers you can xfer to.

I just don't really know what I should expect. I play MMO's to play with people. I came here to play with friends but now I'm regretting I didn't just pick the highest pop server.

Champion of Telara

I'm just worried that if I stay on Harrow It won't improve that much. I don't want to put all this effort into a server that "may" die.

On the other hand I'm not trying to go to somewhere thats a giant lag fest with ques.

And I haven't heard about server xfers and what they will entail as far as cost and what servers you can xfer to.

I just don't really know what I should expect. I play MMO's to play with people. I came here to play with friends but now I'm regretting I didn't just pick the highest pop server.
    You shouldn't really have to worry. Generally in MMO's a server doesn't "die". Most times if the population drops too much the company either offers free transfers from overpopulated ones to those, or they'll merge it with other servers to help the population.

I'm on Reclaimer and the pop never goes below medium, at least not during my game play. The forums seem ok, wouldn't really judge a server pop based on the forum activity though.

Anyways, there's always people around in every zone I go too, even in the starting zone there's always people rolling new toons or at least rerolling a toon.

Ok. Was looking for some positive enforcement cause sometimes I just don't see a whole lot of people on.

note I am coming from WoW Area 52 which was a very high pop server and had a reputation of being a progression server so it was always a bumpin place and I was looking for that level of population in my next MMO (rift)
    Last edited by MaKa; 03-27-2011 at 10:18 AM.

Ok. Was looking for some positive enforcement cause sometimes I just don't see a whole lot of people on.
    I wouldn't sweat it. Despite the doomsayers trying to say this game is dying, I'm not seeing any evidence of that. Yeah, it's slowed down a bit as the "New Car Smell" wears off, but that's normal.

Greybriar stays pretty full, almost around the clock.

Regulos is medium, used to be high on peak/weekends.

i hope they offer free xfers or reasonably costed paid xfers cause I just would like a larger community. For now I'll just enjoy my solo small party questing.

On one hand it is REALLY nice to not fight over mobs. Personal playground in a sense.
    Last edited by MaKa; 03-27-2011 at 10:21 AM.

Just reroll. It takes no time in this game to make a new character and level up. I have a 50, three chars in the 30's and two in the 20's. Its so easy to level that you should not care at all if your server sucks.

JUST MOVE.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast