Closed Thread

Thread: Macro cast & cast on target's target

Default Macro cast & cast on target's target

I love "cast on target's target" as a general grouping tool.

With it, I can be ultra-lazy dps or healer (my 2 main roles), target the tank and cast attacks. Normally I keep the tank targetted and never hit anything he's not already hitting.

However, I also like to use macros. I set up macros for similar skills that are on cooldowns.

For example:
    #show Sovereignty
    cast Sovereignty
    cast Waterjet

This casts Sovereignty when it's off cooldown, and lets me spam waterjet while waiting for it to come back. I use similar macros on my rogue, so that reactives and special attacks are used as soon as they come up.

The problem is if I have the tank targetted and hit my macro, it switches my target OFF of the tank onto the target. So then I have to keep retargetting the tank, which is a bother, and NOT the way it works when I just press the individual hotkey for cast waterjet.

Is this a bug, is there a way to make it work correctly, or what?

bump, any help please

Plane Touched

Something changed a few patches ago that started causing this, I have been having the same problem. So its not just you.

I need to make some tests to see if it happens with all casts or just some. But I would call it a bug myself I don't think it should work that way.

Closed Thread