+ Reply to Thread

Thread: We need more roles!

Shadowlander

Default We need more roles!

4 roles is currently too restrictive. As a warrior, I have one for soloing, one for tanking, one for magic tanking, and one for pvp. I have some dps gear, but I simply don't have room for any kind of dps spec. I could also use a 2nd role for pvp. Please, give us at least 6 roles, preferrably 8. I mean, there are 8 main souls, and if you balanced things well (lol), we'd have reason to use each one as a main soul in various situations Everyone I group with complains about the limit on souls.

If you agree with this, please respond to this thread so that Trion can get the message.

Hmm - fix game issues, correct content, update content that needs it and if people's accounts ...

... or ...

spend all that time adding new roles because YOU'RE bored.

Sure, why not ... add more roles - screw the game's issues.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Sendaught View Post
    4 roles is currently too restrictive. As a warrior, I have one for soloing, one for tanking, one for magic tanking, and one for pvp. I have some dps gear, but I simply don't have room for any kind of dps spec. I could also use a 2nd role for pvp. Please, give us at least 6 roles, preferrably 8. I mean, there are 8 main souls, and if you balanced things well (lol), we'd have reason to use each one as a main soul in various situations Everyone I group with complains about the limit on souls.

If you agree with this, please respond to this thread so that Trion can get the message.

What you have more roles then any game out their why are u crying?

Shadowlander

/signed

clerics has way too many roles as well

aoe healer
    single target healer
    pvp healer

range dps
    melee dps
    pvp dps

tank

I say add two new achievable role slots.

Tie them to certain existing mechanics to keep people playing longer.

One should be tied to faction rep and the other achievement score.

Yeah... Yeah, that would be cool.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Cedarva View Post
    Hmm - fix game issues, correct content, update content that needs it and if people's accounts ...

... or ...

spend all that time adding new roles because YOU'RE bored.

Sure, why not ... add more roles - screw the game's issues.
    How long would it take to add 2 more roles? 5 minutes? And really, if it takes very long and they have less time to work on class balance, maybe that's a good thing...

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by ****zu View Post
    /signed

clerics has way too many roles as well

aoe healer
    single target healer
    pvp healer

range dps
    melee dps
    pvp dps

tank
    Good idea. Make them earned somehow (other than platinum).

What would be the point of having classes if everyone had everything? May as well make everyone the exact same. Choices are a big part of games, it is no different with classes.

Next people will be saying being a warrior is FAR too limiting, and they would like cleric souls as well....

Havus - 50 warrior - Gnarlwood
    Stark - 50 Rogue - Asphodel

Quote Originally Posted by Havus View Post
    What would be the point of having classes if everyone had everything? May as well make everyone the exact same. Choices are a big part of games, it is no different with classes.

Next people will be saying being a warrior is FAR too limiting, and they would like cleric souls as well....
    You do have "everything" already, you just need to go to a capital and re-specialize.

When you have a game built on niches, you need a lot of space for said niches.

This isn't so evident from level 1-50, but at 50, if you really want to maximize what you do, you'll need a lot of roles. The best example of this is tanking and healing. Mitigating certain types of damage, healing different ways, etc. There are so many options and with expert dungeons being so picky, you need more roles - or at least pick ones ahead of time before you go and run them all.
    w w w . F A E L O R . c o m
    Administrator of Rift Seekers | [former] Guild Master of <Primal> | Administrator of Halcyon Affinity
    Rift Podcast | Rift Seekers is currently dormant for various reasons, thank you for understanding | Telerapedia

Badly need more roles, I could use 4 for different types of healing, 4 for dps, 2 for tanking and 2 for pvp ontop.

Guild/Raid leader of Shoreline 5/8 ID (No reflect Rusila, hardmode Conclave) Recruiting a few more excellent raiders: for Infernal Dawn progression

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Faelor View Post
    You do have "everything" already, you just need to go to a capital and re-specialize.

When you have a game built on niches, you need a lot of space for said niches.
    Exactly. And I wouldn't even mind having to go respec often, if the additional action bars would cycle through like the main action bar. The biggest problem is having to redo 3 action bars every time I want to use a role I don't have loaded already.

+ Reply to Thread