+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Assassins need a HUGE boost to be competitive

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Encadi View Post
    ATM assassinsa r eboth laughable in pvp and pve, they cant complete their function so i suggest:

- Increase base dmg of the assassin by 10 - 30% depending on the skill
    - Add Cloak of Shadow Mechanic where every debuff is dispelled from them and theya re immune to magic
    - Give them a teleprot to the back of the target in combat skill

Then i thinka ssassins should be competitive
    Just focusing on PvE, assassins are just slightly behind nightblades in DPS. They are ahead of marks and ranger in single target and lagging behind sabs and some warrior souls (which are getting their damage fixed/nerfed next patch.) PvE wise, assassin dps is about where it probably should be. I can't see them adding that much more damage without screwing up PvE balance unless your goal was to make assassin the new beastmaster.

Quote Originally Posted by jeslena View Post
    Just focusing on PvE, assassins are just slightly behind nightblades in DPS. They are ahead of marks and ranger in single target and lagging behind sabs and some warrior souls (which are getting their damage fixed/nerfed next patch.) PvE wise, assassin dps is about where it probably should be. I can't see them adding that much more damage without screwing up PvE balance unless your goal was to make assassin the new beastmaster.
    WHile that is right, test it out on a fight with movement. Assassin has no compensation for having to move for mechanics, but NB can spam Twilight Force with their cd or FS/Flame axe finisher.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Wonk View Post
    Left click the posters name ----> View Profile ---> Add to Ignore list
    oh magic thanks mate, appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Furyion View Post
    I have no problem at all killing other people or mobs with my assassin build. Try and learn to play?
    And the OP should go back to WoW.
    Sebesto - Deepstrike
    If you choose to play on a PvP server, it’s our assumption that you not only don’t mind that level of interruption from that PvP attack-and-defense style of gameplay, but are actively excited about taking part in it. If you want uninterrupted PvE questing, choosing a PvE server is definitely recommended. - The RIFT Development Team

Quote Originally Posted by SnarkRitter View Post
    Assasins only need a buff in PvE. PvP? Nope. Learn to pick the target, learn to pick the momentum, learn to pick the situation, learn to pick your chance., learn to play.
    Yeah... "pick the target", waiting for stealth, have stealth broken by DoTs over and over...lots of time running around doing nothing, while everyone else blows sh!t up and does damage. If we have to hit and run for short periods and can't burn through any healing, then there's a problem. We need heal debuffs or an overall damage increase considering the risk of being squishy and having to be in melee range.
    Understanding the Sab
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...b-is-wild-card

50 Assassin/Riftstalker/Infiltrator
    Prestige 3

Soulwalker

A buff? If anything their stun locking needs to be nurfed

Quote Originally Posted by Encadi View Post
    ATM assassinsa r eboth laughable in pvp and pve, they cant complete their function so i suggest:

- Increase base dmg of the assassin by 10 - 30% depending on the skill
    - Add Cloak of Shadow Mechanic where every debuff is dispelled from them and theya re immune to magic
    - Give them a teleprot to the back of the target in combat skill

Then i thinka ssassins should be competitive
    you think a class that can reliably kill casters, probably most rogues and a fair share of the clerics from stealth before the target can respond is broken ?

troll !
    “The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.” – Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by muylaetrex View Post
    you think a class that can reliably kill casters, probably most rogues and a fair share of the clerics from stealth before the target can respond is broken ?

troll !
    You have never played a SIN that is obvious. You try an attack a warlock, or a mage in general at 50 after they have been farming their shinys, you will die in less than 5 seconds flat.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8