+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Class and Callings Q&A with Scott Hartsman

Yeah Apoth, I gotta agree with you. I'll mainly be focusing on my main class, but may take other classes to optimize my build. I don't go for FOTM, I make my own builds, so being able to save my multiple builds is a great idea.

And Zayj...I don't think it will make everybody the same. For one, there are 8 classes in each archetype, you can only choose a couple from that same archetype, from the info we have anyways. And sure, there will be people who think there is a best build for everything, let them have their delusions...if you don't go for a cookie cutter build, your character WILL have some uniqueness I'm sure...

Quote Originally Posted by Darcnova View Post
    Yeah Apoth, I gotta agree with you. I'll mainly be focusing on my main class, but may take other classes to optimize my build. I don't go for FOTM, I make my own builds, so being able to save my multiple builds is a great idea.
    exactly i don't want to build my ranger for PVP only to join a fun guild that focuses on PVE and be basically screwed unless i reroll. hopefully with this system Ill be able to create a Raidger (raid ranger) and Gankger (PVP ranger) a Solanger (solo ranger) and Duonger (ranger for duoing with the wife)

i could do that in eq2 but it would be really fricken expensive.

WTB the above item .... mine broke

This info makes me really happy. I can just see the possibilities with multiple specs! Well I could have 4 characters of the basic callings, and have multiple classes on each alt! So I am planning on a Ranger as my main, but actually, I will have a Rogue as my main, and one of my specs will be primarily Ranger. So I can swap to a Nightblade with stealth to get to a quest objective through a rough area, switch to Ranger/Bladesinger spec for combat, then switch to a spec with ports (hopefully) and get the heck out of there! Would be awesome, just like my hobbit hunter in Lotro. (hobbits get stealth, hunter gets bow and ports) Only now with Ranger I can have a pet along with my bow, and with some Bladesinger I can have more melee power, just like I have always wanted.
    Returning Beta - Lvl 50 Era player

After reading this article...

I'm an alt, skill tree junkie, this game will be the end of me.

Multiple soul sets! Not 1 or 2 or 3 but 4! Or more, that you can switch between...*gasp* *hack* *rasp*

"holy crap, I need to save up tons of money so I can do X tonight." - Scott Hartsman

LOL, so true...I welcome the end of needing to do that.
    Last edited by irongamer; 07-12-2010 at 10:10 PM.

Yeah...I'm gonna have a heyday heh

And Apoth, thats exactly what I was planning, though not using a ranger as the base If I wanna PvP, I wanna have a build for it, I'm not gonna use my PvE or Raid build

This honestly is a Really Good Thing for new games; games get so tweaked and need so much work within the first few months that the screams of "ZOMG my char is GIMPED now!!!11shift!!" due to the developers having to faff with balance, overpowered effects, underpowered effects, and so forth it's going to be really awesome to be able to tweak characters as needed without needing to completely re-roll. It won't entirely cut out the "growing pains" of the first six months of a game, but it might lessen the sting for the players. If tweaks really need to be sorted, they could always do like a few games I've played and offer free respecs for people to make adjustments when they've really needed to give abilities an overhaul, and that's easy enough to implement.

It might just be Win.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5