+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: When MMO's are only a month old.

Soulwalker

Default When MMO's are only a month old.

I don't really understand what all the QQ is about.

From my perspective for only being live for a month, RIFT is extremely stable and the Devs appear to be trying to fix things in a fairly timely manner.

Sure there are complaints about some issues and some of those complaints are legit but when you compare this to the roll outs for other mmo's this has been extremely smooth.

Does anyone remember the first few months in WoW. The first month was barely playable.

And the warrior miss,miss,miss bug? you haven't seen balance issues til you've witnessed a naked paladin with only a weapon tool a fully geared warrior.

Despite all that though, WoW still managed to turn out alright and history will probably judge it to be an extremely successful and important game in the MMO genre.

So from that perspective, can people just lay off the QQ for a bit and enjoy the game, taking time to actually remember what you saw on the way to 50. MMO's are fluid. It takes time.

Telaran

but not a word about some melee rogue love for assassins..

and there are a lot of rogues

"We're not in Azeroth anymore" while having endgame content JUST LIKE world of warcraft doesn't help.

This game is unstable in graphics, has less content, and has terrible balance; with the worst PvP endgame content ever for a new game.

It really depends on how tenacious people are.

I'm leaving because there's nothing this game will give me, several interviews pretty much say no to rated PvP... so fine. I'll just go to SWTOR/Guild Wars 2... like everyone else when they come out.
    Last edited by Chase Payne; 03-24-2011 at 06:22 PM.
    Warriors listen to this while they play PvP:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgjkth6BRRY

Soulwalker

I play an assassin as well and love it, but there are issues.

I just think they're cool.

As for content, it's comparable to most releases.

For the majority of us with lives, we haven't exhausted all the content yet.

Its because many players played many past games and when they see certain things happen early they cringe.

NOT AGAIN!

It's only been in beta for... 3 months? And only had an alpha running along side the betas for a few months longer?

I don't get the "just came out" excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Chase Payne View Post
    "We're not in Azeroth anymore" while having endgame content JUST LIKE world of warcraft doesn't help.

This game is unstable in graphics, has less content, and has terrible balance; with the worst PvP endgame content ever for a new game.

It really depends on how tenacious people are.

I'm leaving because there's nothing this game will give me, several interviews pretty much say no to rated PvP... so fine. I'll just go to SWTOR/Guild Wars 2... like everyone else when they come out.
    Have all your 2000+ posts been this stupid? Probably so, since I assume you participated in more than a few betas, bought the game, and STILL don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Austen View Post
    Have all your 2000+ posts been this stupid? Probably so, since I assume you participated in more than a few betas, bought the game, and STILL don't like it.
    I question Rift's marketing, future games will have more content... and implement ranked PvP.

This game practically ignores PvP, I was blinded by Rift's marketing when they said PvP was built in the game from the start.

If I wanted to PvE, I would go to World of Warcraft, there's more raid... larger community, more customizability and stability.

Why should I wait when other games will give me more? Even newly releasing games will give me more.

Shield of Telara

Every time a person like Chase Payne goes away, I will up my subscription by 1 month.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyous View Post
    Every time a person like Chase Payne goes away, I will up my subscription by 1 month.
    Better go to a bank and ask for a loan then, you're going to pay for a lot of months.

Champion

Why should I wait when other games will give me more? Even newly releasing games will give me more.
    I want that list. Oh, and whatever you're smoking, too.

And the hamster wheel keeps moving, because the hamster still hasn't realized it's a fricken wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Austen View Post
    Because we all know what end game was going to be like in beta, right? Because we all knew PvP was going to get little support in beta, right?

He's pretty spot on, being a fanboy generally blinds you though,
    Look at your post, now back to mine, now back to your post, now back to mine. Sadly, it isn't mine, but if you stopped being nonconstructive and dumb and started posting about something that makes sense, it could look like it's mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on a page with the post your post could look like. Anything is possible when you post like me, and not like an idiot. I'm on a forum.

Shield of Telara

****, that's totally worth it.

As long as they actually stay away. I'll do it right now if you go forever

Quote Originally Posted by Ashthra View Post
    I want that list. Oh, and whatever you're smoking, too.

And the hamster wheel keeps moving, because the hamster still hasn't realized it's a fricken wheel.
    Tera, Guild Wars 2, And SWTOR.

2 of them are starting with RvR, 1 of them will launch with ranked PvP, and 1 of them will implement it later after launch.

I question Rift's marketing, future games will have more content... and implement ranked PvP.

This game practically ignores PvP, I was blinded by Rift's marketing when they said PvP was built in the game from the start.

If I wanted to PvE, I would go to World of Warcraft, there's more raid... larger community, more customizability and stability.

Which "newly" released games might you be talking about? Seriously, was WoW your first MMO? I might jump to the conclusion that you started playing that garbage sometime during WOTLK if it was considering "ranked" pvp (by which you mean arenas, and by which Blizzard said was a huge mistake) came out during an expansion.

People like you and other knuckle-draggers that cry over the game fail to realize that even WoW didn't have all its features at launch. They didn't even have battlegrounds at launch. Please, go play one of these other new releases that have such incredible content.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast