+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 241

Thread: When MMO's are only a month old.

  1. #46
    General of Telara PVStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    972

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Warfister View Post
    The people who have been doing all the end game content for weeks now are not the majority, they are the minority. The same minority that blows through every dungeon and every raid in WoW and every other MMO within days of their release. With the current content (and more is on the way it would appear, and soon) it will take months for the majority to have completed it.
    It will take months for the majority to have completed it, but how long will it take them to get bored of it? How long will it take them to realize it's no different from WoW's endgame? That's why I also said it needs quality as well as quantity.
    Look at your post, now back to mine, now back to your post, now back to mine. Sadly, it isn't mine, but if you stopped being nonconstructive and dumb and started posting about something that makes sense, it could look like it's mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on a page with the post your post could look like. Anything is possible when you post like me, and not like an idiot. I'm on a forum.

  2. #47
    General of Telara Warfister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    893

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PVStar View Post
    It will take months for the majority to have completed it, but how long will it take them to get bored of it? How long will it take them to realize it's no different from WoW's endgame? That's why I also said it needs quality as well as quantity.
    Only time will tell, and it looks so far that the release rate of content is fairly quick. I'm willing to give it some time because I am enjoying the game.

  3. #48
    Ascendant Chase Payne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Warfister View Post
    It's the same as every PvE based MMO with PvP tacked on. For whatever reason he deluded himself into thinking this would be a PvP based game, with endless PvP content or that there would be some major genre busting innovative end game that no one has ever thought of before.
    The same can be said for all those PvE players who quit WoW because they have nothing to do but stand in town all day. It's exactly the same in rift, nothing to do unless you're in a raiding guild, and the clears are fast. You clear it in one day, and the rest of the week... alts or nothing.
    Warriors listen to this while they play PvP:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgjkth6BRRY

  4. #49
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    879

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chase Payne View Post
    Except it's more grindy, worse balance, and lacks of customizability.

    If you can handle all three, then yes it's just like world of warcraft.
    Hmm, than it would not be "exactly" the same would it.

    Game is not perfect, I admit. But honestly, which game is? It's your money, your time, no one is forcing you to play. Vote with your feet I say.

  5. #50
    Ascendant Chase Payne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackblade View Post
    Hmm, than it would not be "exactly" the same would it.

    Game is not perfect, I admit. But honestly, which game is? It's your money, your time, no one is forcing you to play. Vote with your feet I say.
    WoW is not perfect, but when you copy it and do worse... then you have a bad game.
    Last edited by Chase Payne; 03-24-2011 at 07:13 PM.
    Warriors listen to this while they play PvP:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgjkth6BRRY

  6. #51
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    15

    Default

    It makes no sense to say, that because WoW has added in all this content over time that rift should have ALL that content upon release.

    The company does need to make money and can't have games sitting in development for 7 years before releasing so that they aren't 'behind' their competition who's on their 3rd expansion.

    When you compare this release to WoW and other MMO's previous releases, there is FAR more content.

    If you have played all the content in this game already, you belong to an extremely vocal 0.00001% of this games population.

  7. #52
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Sounds like a couple of u guys need a new graphics card... My AA is on full bore with a 560ti. The only thing I will agree with chase on is the fact that there is no plan for rated pvp. I never did like the way that wow made gear with a arena rating requirement and I can see how that would ruin a game but I definitely would do some rated pvp even if the rating meant nothing. So I think that would be cool. But other than that chase pane I don't agree with you at all. You are probably never satisfied with anything and never will be.. which is why you think that games that haven't come out yet are going to be so amazing. You probably thought rift was going to be amazing but then you realized it missing some things so your going to cry about it.

    Anyway.. I think this game is great and its only going to get better. Yea there was a few betas but the game is still new don't be ignorant about it. Its not like trion is going to say f*** it and stop improving the game. These forums are garbage because 90% of the people on here are the same people that ruin every other mmo game forum with non constructive QQ bs. We need a QQ filter.

  8. #53
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chase Payne View Post
    The same can be said for all those PvE players who quit WoW because they have nothing to do but stand in town all day. It's exactly the same in rift, nothing to do unless you're in a raiding guild, and the clears are fast. You clear it in one day, and the rest of the week... alts or nothing.
    One could even agree, if the "thing to do" people writing postst like this one want would not equal arena...

  9. #54
    Plane Touched Leadslinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chase Payne View Post
    Guild Wars 2, Tera, SWTOR are all launching with more PvP content.
    And you know this how? you played these 3 games? or do you believe whatever people tell you, or all those development video's. SWTOR has content sure 80% of it is Voice overs, GW2 will be super casual and people will clear that content faster then Rift and be just as bored with the pvp after awhile. Tera has the side effect of being a korean MMO though i'm interested in it's pvp system i highly doubt it will be a huge success.
    PvP content alone doesn't make a game successful.
    Last edited by Leadslinger; 03-24-2011 at 07:18 PM.

  10. #55
    Ascendant Chase Payne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leadslinger View Post
    And you know this how? you played these 3 games? or do you believe whatever people tell you. SWTOR has content sure 80% of it is Voice overs, GW2 will be super casual and people will clear that content faster then Rift. Tera has the side effect of being a korean MMO though i'm interested in it's pvp system i highly doubt it will be a huge success.
    Probably because they gave us information of the content that's releasing when the game comes out?
    Guild War 2 isn't intended to be a raiding game, it's 5 man dungeons... the rest is RvR and elo based PvP.
    /facepalm.
    Last edited by Chase Payne; 03-24-2011 at 07:16 PM.
    Warriors listen to this while they play PvP:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgjkth6BRRY

  11. #56
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chase Payne View Post
    Except it's more grindy, worse balance, and lacks of customizability.

    If you can handle all three, then yes it's just like world of warcraft.
    So I take it you've been farming Greenscale for weeks now?

    Rift has just about every feature from every MMO that I've liked ever... it's all tied into a game that looks nothing like those other games stylistically, none of those features feel clunky, it runs well on my toaster of a rig, leveling is not an enormous pain in the butt, the developers are already testing, and adding new content, and asking for suggestions for what people want to see, the balance changes are not extreme, and just about everyone I know from that other MMO that I quit when my kid was born is going to be playing too.

    Obviously, this is all opinion, but people are seriously making some really assanine "factual" statements about what Rift is, and is not.

    I can't wait for people to go back to their previous MMO... hopefully we can then get some semblance of community. I don't care if Rift tanks, and goes down to 500k subs or so... the smaller tge community is (to a point) the better the community will be, and the fewer people we'll have with absolutely no frame of reference for their stupid statements we'll have.

  12. #57
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    879

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Assasinator View Post
    Sounds like a couple of u guys need a new graphics card... My AA is on full bore with a 560ti. The only thing I will agree with chase on is the fact that there is no plan for rated pvp. I never did like the way that wow made gear with a arena rating requirement and I can see how that would ruin a game but I definitely would do some rated pvp even if the rating meant nothing. So I think that would be cool. But other than that chase pane I don't agree with you at all. You are probably never satisfied with anything and never will be.. which is why you think that games that haven't come out yet are going to be so amazing. You probably thought rift was going to be amazing but then you realized it missing some things so your going to cry about it.

    Anyway.. I think this game is great and its only going to get better. Yea there was a few betas but the game is still new don't be ignorant about it. Its not like trion is going to say f*** it and stop improving the game. These forums are garbage because 90% of the people on here are the same people that ruin every other mmo game forum with non constructive QQ bs. We need a QQ filter.
    A QQ filter would have more subscribers than all MMO subscriptions combined. I for one, would buy two. One in-game, and one for the forums (maybe 2 for the forums as the warrior forums are full of !@#@ since Patch 1.1 was announced).

  13. #58
    Ascendant Chase Payne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scrunt View Post
    So I take it you've been farming Greenscale for weeks now?

    Rift has just about every feature from every MMO that I've liked ever... it's all tied into a game that looks nothing like those other games stylistically, none of those features feel clunky, it runs well on my toaster of a rig, leveling is not an enormous pain in the butt, the developers are already testing, and adding new content, and asking for suggestions for what people want to see, the balance changes are not extreme, and just about everyone I know from that other MMO that I quit when my kid was born is going to be playing too.

    Obviously, this is all opinion, but people are seriously making some really assanine "factual" statements about what Rift is, and is not.

    I can't wait for people to go back to their previous MMO... hopefully we can then get some semblance of community. I don't care if Rift tanks, and goes down to 500k subs or so... the smaller tge community is (to a point) the better the community will be, and the fewer people we'll have with absolutely no frame of reference for their stupid statements we'll have.
    Were did I say the content was too quick to complete? I said it was too grindy, lacks balance and customizability.


    Rift runs off a WoW core, there's not a single thing stitched together from another game... especially the PvP content.
    Warriors listen to this while they play PvP:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgjkth6BRRY

  14. #59
    Rift Chaser lcl22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chase Payne View Post
    "We're not in Azeroth anymore" while having endgame content JUST LIKE world of warcraft doesn't help.

    This game is unstable in graphics, has less content, and has terrible balance; with the worst PvP endgame content ever for a new game.

    It really depends on how tenacious people are.


    I'm leaving because there's nothing this game will give me, several interviews pretty much say no to rated PvP... so fine. I'll just go to SWTOR/Guild Wars 2... like everyone else when they come out.
    not like everyone else, contrary to what you may think
    the world does not revolve around chase payne and his arena/pvp superiority complex

    you may leave yes, but i most certainly will not, so generalizing just makes you look like a troll...

    then again, i forget theres 1500+ other posts that also make you look like a troll so, wth

  15. #60
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chase Payne View Post
    Probably because they gave us information of the content that's releasing when the game comes out?
    Guild War 2 isn't intended to be a raiding game, it's 5 man dungeons... the rest is RvR and elo based PvP.
    /facepalm.
    I will be amazed if those games launch with ALL touted features intact. Likely, just like every other MO, and online game, those things will be added with the first few patches... just like Rift, and WoW, and SWG, and EQ2, and EQ1... you're delusional if you think that it will be different. Heck... WoW just got some things that were announced at game shows, and such... before Vanilla WoW launched all those years ago.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts