+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 51

Thread: No Classes should get nerfed after a game goes live.

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    190

    Default No Classes should get nerfed after a game goes live.

    Im sorry but you had forever in beta to test everything out. Game has not even been out a month. People played a class knew what they were getting into and something in that class or soul made them stick with it. Changing souls completly is just stupid. Everybody could roll any class or any soul. There was nobody that got a advantage in this game.

    I played a Cleric to lvl 48 and than rerolled to a mage which is lvl 30 right now. Im fine with my mage or cleric never getting buffed or nerfed. Im fine with Champs or Sabs not being touched. If I thought they were so great I would play one. I played all classes to atleast lvl 20 since head start and I enjoy mage the most and in groups love playing chrolo.

    So Warriors do the most dps. Why shouldnt they? They are the only class with 2 roles when the rest all have 3 roles. They tank or dps. Sabs are great weapons in pvp for taking out healers and well needed. I love all the roles and I dont think any classes need buffs or nerfs. Maybe some touching up some broken or useless skills and fixing bugs like warriors ignore 95% armor paragon bug thats it.

    I love this game I have a 2 year old pc and I just went all out on upgrades to make it top off the line again because I was enjoying this game so much. But I dont see myself playing if all these nerfs go down. Noway am I playing another warcraft nerf bat game for years.

  2. #2
    Telaran Metric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    51

    Default

    The nerfs aren't even that bad. @_@
    Ashe of Silkweb

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Metric View Post
    The nerfs aren't even that bad. @_@
    Depends what soul you play. For me my fav spell in the game is gonna be useless and I never seen 1 person in game or on the forums complain about it.

  4. #4
    Shield of Telara Fluffycalico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    694

    Default

    I'm guessing this is your first game if you expect no live nerfs ever lol

  5. #5
    Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    519

    Default

    No Classes should get nerfed after a game goes live.
    +1 intrawebs for the guffaw.

    Just curious, but by any remote chance is this the first MMO you have played?

    Have fun ;)!

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    190

    Default

    All the nerfs do is water down the game and make it less enjoyable.

  7. #7
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMove View Post
    Im sorry but you had forever in beta to test everything out. Game has not even been out a month. People played a class knew what they were getting into and something in that class or soul made them stick with it. Changing souls completly is just stupid. Everybody could roll any class or any soul. There was nobody that got a advantage in this game.

    I played a Cleric to lvl 48 and than rerolled to a mage which is lvl 30 right now. Im fine with my mage or cleric never getting buffed or nerfed. Im fine with Champs or Sabs not being touched. If I thought they were so great I would play one. I played all classes to atleast lvl 20 since head start and I enjoy mage the most and in groups love playing chrolo.

    So Warriors do the most dps. Why shouldnt they? They are the only class with 2 roles when the rest all have 3 roles. They tank or dps. Sabs are great weapons in pvp for taking out healers and well needed. I love all the roles and I dont think any classes need buffs or nerfs. Maybe some touching up some broken or useless skills and fixing bugs like warriors ignore 95% armor paragon bug thats it.

    I love this game I have a 2 year old pc and I just went all out on upgrades to make it top off the line again because I was enjoying this game so much. But I dont see myself playing if all these nerfs go down. Noway am I playing another warcraft nerf bat game for years.

    Welcome, this must be your first mmo.

    I will let you know that every mmo ever made has had nerfs and buffs to certain classes and abilities post launch in order to make the game more balanced acrosss all classes as to avoid the majority of all the players flocking to one class or build.

    It is a natural process and I think Trion knows what they are doing.


    Furthermore, there are zero official nerf patch notes on anything. What was accidentally posted was for testing purposed only and probably never intended to even go live.

    But again, welcome to the world of MMO gaming.
    Looking for a mature, casual guild focused on having fun?
    Ravens of Memory
    Guardians on Shatterbone

  8. #8
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drenai View Post
    Welcome, this must be your first mmo.

    I will let you know that every mmo ever made has had nerfs and buffs to certain classes and abilities post launch in order to make the game more balanced acrosss all classes as to avoid the majority of all the players flocking to one class or build.

    It is a natural process and I think Trion knows what they are doing.


    Furthermore, there are zero official nerf patch notes on anything. What was accidentally posted was for testing purposed only and probably never intended to even go live.

    But again, welcome to the world of MMO gaming.
    Yes they are officially posted, run along now fanboy.

  9. #9
    Telaran Metric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMove View Post
    Depends what soul you play. For me my fav spell in the game is gonna be useless and I never seen 1 person in game or on the forums complain about it.
    Flame spear?

    Yes, I play RB/Champ/Reaver. I welcome this change because it means I don't have to mindlessly spam 1 3x then 2.
    Ashe of Silkweb

  10. #10
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    751

    Default

    Christ.

    YOUR FAVOURITE SOUL IS NOT GOING TO BE USELESS.

    If one more person posts that I'm going on a murdering spree.

    They do this for balance. If for some reason, you cannot adapt in a VIDEO GAME because the DEVELOPERS put a TIMER on a spell YOU HAVE SERIOUS MENTAL ISSUES AND SHOULD SEEK SERIOUS THERAPY.

    If you seriously CANNOT PLAY A GAME because there was a patch note that did not read YOUR CLASS IS REMOVED FROM THE GAME ENTIRELY you *need* to rethink your ENTIRE LIFE.

  11. #11
    Plane Touched Zirconium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    279

    Default

    Guildwars proved you cannot EVER have a class system with many facets without consistently having to tweak things for YEARS to come.

    That is obvious for a class system and skill system like we have, its even more complicated than Guildwars. Tweaks will and should happen anytime.
    Last edited by Zirconium; 03-24-2011 at 02:16 AM.
    Rift CE & Founder Sub
    Asus ATi 6950HD Asus Crosshair IV Formula AMD PhenomII X6 1100T G.Skill 4GB 1.6Ghz (F3-12800CL7D-4GBECO)

  12. #12
    Plane Touched Smashingzwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMove View Post
    Im sorry but you had forever in beta to test everything out. Game has not even been out a month. People played a class knew what they were getting into and something in that class or soul made them stick with it. Changing souls completly is just stupid. Everybody could roll any class or any soul. There was nobody that got a advantage in this game.

    I played a Cleric to lvl 48 and than rerolled to a mage which is lvl 30 right now. Im fine with my mage or cleric never getting buffed or nerfed. Im fine with Champs or Sabs not being touched. If I thought they were so great I would play one. I played all classes to atleast lvl 20 since head start and I enjoy mage the most and in groups love playing chrolo.

    So Warriors do the most dps. Why shouldnt they? They are the only class with 2 roles when the rest all have 3 roles. They tank or dps. Sabs are great weapons in pvp for taking out healers and well needed. I love all the roles and I dont think any classes need buffs or nerfs. Maybe some touching up some broken or useless skills and fixing bugs like warriors ignore 95% armor paragon bug thats it.

    I love this game I have a 2 year old pc and I just went all out on upgrades to make it top off the line again because I was enjoying this game so much. But I dont see myself playing if all these nerfs go down. Noway am I playing another warcraft nerf bat game for years.
    If you'd read the ToS and EULA you would realize that Trion has the right to change the game however they see fit. They have the right to cancel all subscriptions and shut the servers down if they decide that's what they want to do. You're being naive and selfish.
    War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

  13. #13
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marok View Post
    +1 intrawebs for the guffaw.

    Just curious, but by any remote chance is this the first MMO you have played?

    Have fun ;)!
    Ive played alot of MMO. Last few would be SWGs, Warcraft, DCU for a month than Rift. Nothing good comes from nerfs. You can never have everything balance out. Its a never ending battle. People are just stupid thinking every class should be or can be even like thats even possable. Anybody can roll any class so if you think one is so much more better than yours than go play that class.

  14. #14
    Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drenai View Post
    Welcome, this must be your first mmo.

    Furthermore, there are zero official nerf patch notes on anything. What was accidentally posted was for testing purposed only and probably never intended to even go live.
    Umnm...actually there were official 1.1 notes posted by the Devs on the forums with changes that are in the process of being tested on the Alpha server, and there are in fact some nerfs included in those notes. I believe that is what the OP was referring too.

    Just the same the idea that an MMO should not have nerfs after it launches still has me giggling.

    Have fun ;)!

  15. #15
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smashingzwan View Post
    If you'd read the ToS and EULA you would realize that Trion has the right to change the game however they see fit. They have the right to cancel all subscriptions and shut the servers down if they decide that's what they want to do. You're being naive and selfish.
    And we all can cancel or subs anytime and move on. Whats your point?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts