+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: My worst concern about the next patch: casting line of sight!

Exclamation My worst concern about the next patch: casting line of sight!

I don't mind that the mages are getting buffed but this little thing bother me.
    PvP combat: Abilities now only check for caster facing their target at the start of a cast they will still land if a target moves behind you while the casting is in progress.
    This is nothing but a mistake, this added some dynamism to the fights and now its gone... just "spam that button until you start to cast" this is dumbing the game down even more then it is and now we don't even need to rotate.
    If the game continues on this road there will be no distinction between a good play and a bad one.
    * LAG is when you get latency related problems. (such as teleporting)
    * Low FPS(Frames Per Second) is when the game starts to stutter and it looks like pictures instead of fluid movement.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Siveon View Post

This is nothing but a mistake, this added some dynamism to the fights and now its gone... just "spam that button until you start to cast" this is dumbing the game down even more then it is and now we don't even need to rotate.
    If the game continues on this road there will be no distinction between a good play and a bad one.
    Dynamism really?
    People could run -through- us at the last moment to stop the cast. Not around but literally through us, that wasn't cool. I'll taake this patch or one that adds collision detection in PvP.

I mean I fought several melee running back and forth through me while jumping, sometimes stopping my cast due to LoS.
    Quote Originally Posted by prysk View Post
    Anyway, we was so horny for this game...

Plane Touched

I agree that the change has got to be annoying for melee. But the casting in this game isn't the same as in WoW's. I played Mage in WoW and having to anticipate people running through me and counter it was just another part of the game. I can count on my hand the times that crap has actually worked on me. But in this game it's a different system, this change will not do much damage.

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStamp View Post
    Dynamism really?
    People could run -through- us at the last moment to stop the cast. Not around but literally through us, that wasn't cool. I'll taake this patch or one that adds collision detection in PvP.

I mean I fought several melee running back and forth through me while jumping, sometimes stopping my cast due to LoS.
    I agree. Try pvping as a mage before complaining about this fix. Jumping around in circles like a kid on the special bus who's popped one to many ritalin pills doesnt stop melee chars from beating the crap of mages, who are squishy enough as it is, now we actually have a chance to cause some damage. I guess the melee's will have to find some new tactics for winning in PVP other then abusing stupid gaming mechanics.
    I'm apparently a Troll. I'm apparently also a Lurker
    And here I was thinking I'm just a gamer who occasionally responds to forums...
    My bad, I'll shut up and agree with everyone from now on.

No more bunny hopping for you.
    "I'm impervious to your verbal attacks because I'm
    me and you're still, you. Not your fault though."

Plane Touched

No, it didn't add dynamism to fights. It added free interrupts for melee dps every 2 seconds.

While it does take skill to "exploit" the weakness mage has without this patch, when done correctly, an equally skilled mage has little chance to overcome it.

That's the problem.
    [b]Shard: Endless░░░░░IGN: Partyrock░░░░░Mage░░░░░Currently: Chloro/Lock/Archmage

I have to agree. I can't see how its a good idea to allow casters to completely ignore line of sight once a cast is started. A better solution would simply be to have casters auto-rotate to face their target once a cast starts, similar to how they already do when a channeled effect is going.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite Seraph View Post
    I have to agree. I can't see how its a good idea to allow casters to completely ignore line of sight once a cast is started. A better solution would simply be to have casters auto-rotate to face their target once a cast starts, similar to how they already do when a channeled effect is going.
    ...that would make it even easier. With the current proposed fix, we have to re-establish line of sight to cast our next spell. With this system you propose, we'll already have line of sight once our casting is finished, so we can then hit our next spell...
    I'm apparently a Troll. I'm apparently also a Lurker
    And here I was thinking I'm just a gamer who occasionally responds to forums...
    My bad, I'll shut up and agree with everyone from now on.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Bakara View Post
    No, it didn't add dynamism to fights. It added free interrupts for melee dps every 2 seconds.
    this ^

So dumb when someone can literally stand on top of you to los you and take a step forward or back at the last second. It didn't affect me that much but just having it there was stupid imo.

Could not care less about bunny hopping, but if you can not be bothered to get some abilities to keep a melee away from you it should be your problem, this game has tons of CC and this was never a problem in game with less, people are just being lazy and thinking about their own skin instead the game it self...

Then again why would i expect players to be any different! "nerf everything but [insert your soul here], we need some buffing!"

Soon enough pvp will be A standing next to B pushing 1-2button macros and neither move who ever has more dps/survivability wins, sound as exciting as aion or lineage pvp... at least there will be some decent MMOs by the end of the year where people actually have to move and push buttons.
    "omg he is bashing us, lets all flame him"
    * LAG is when you get latency related problems. (such as teleporting)
    * Low FPS(Frames Per Second) is when the game starts to stutter and it looks like pictures instead of fluid movement.

I'ne noticed (across games) that casters typically tend to attract poorer players as far as any sort of dynamic gameplay is concerned.

Oddly enough though, this is the first game where melee vs. cast has been such an issue.

Perhpas it's because other caster classes in other games have more and diversified tools to keep melee at bay and to kite?

I hav yet to play a caster in pvP so who knows.

As it stands though, it's a pretty sad change catering to the bottom-barrel.

Rift Disciple

Could not care less about bunny hopping, but if you can not be bothered to get some abilities to keep a melee away from you it should be your problem, this game has tons of CC and this was never a problem in game with less, people are just being lazy and thinking about their own skin instead the game it self...

Then again why would i expect players to be any different! "nerf everything but [insert your soul here], we need some buffing!"

Soon enough pvp will be A standing next to B pushing 1-2button macros and neither move who ever has more dps/survivability wins, sound as exciting as aion or lineage pvp... at least there will be some decent MMOs by the end of the year where people actually have to move and push buttons.
    "omg he is bashing us, lets all flame him"
    Quite a few souls have nifty teleports.

I mean I know Riftstalkers have 3 I can remember and Riftblades have 2 or 3?
    You know, mages have 1, in Pyro, called flicker.
    Quote Originally Posted by prysk View Post
    Anyway, we was so horny for this game...

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStamp View Post
    Quite a few souls have nifty teleports.

I mean I know Riftstalkers have 3 I can remember and Riftblades have 2 or 3?
    You know, mages have 1, in Pyro, called flicker.
    Riftblades have 1.

Quote Originally Posted by empyrean View Post
    As it stands though, it's a pretty sad change catering to the bottom-barrel.
    Poor melee, the day will come when you realize dropping that mage in 2-3 globals was not necessarily due to your elite pvp skills.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast