+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 145

Thread: Raid content / Raid Size

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple Dashra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Novi MI
    Posts
    188

    Question Raid content / Raid Size

    So we have a good idea how the game is going to be played and for those of us who belong to the "End game" raiding guilds we absolutely need information on raid structure.

    Raid size?
    How many raid zones on release?
    Outdoor raid?
    Rift raids?

    I've been watching this game develop into something special but is it going to be that game! The game you play all the way through, have a great time, learn the classes, abilities, creatures, mechanics, make friends and then it really gets going as you progress through massive raid dungeons, collect your keys and help your guild get people attuned. Continue progressing through bottle necks and nearly impossible encounters? Where you have to go back again and again to gear everyone up to take on the next boss and spend night after night learning the encounter to FINALLY beat it and collect the rewards?

    Or are we looking at another AoC, a fantastic 1-20, an ok 20-40, crap 40-80 and then get a tiny broken raid dungeon and a dragon encounter, wait months and months for fixes and get minor fixes with more bugs?

    Even another Aion, a great looking concept of a game from 1-30/40 and drops you into a grind fest only to work towards a half assed end game with no real raids?

    You can add in a dozen more mmo's that had a great start but no end game to keep players looking forward to.

    Let's face it, when we were all back in EQ gathering up forces to take on massive raid encounters there was nothing like the high you got when you came out on top! So will Rift deliver that thrill were all seeking?

    Addiction: Rift: Section Guild Leader

    http://www.addictguild.com/

  2. #2
    Ascendant Liziana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dashra View Post
    So we have a good idea how the game is going to be played and for those of us who belong to the "End game" raiding guilds we absolutely need information on raid structure.

    Raid size?
    How many raid zones on release?
    Outdoor raid?
    Rift raids?

    I've been watching this game develop into something special but is it going to be that game! The game you play all the way through, have a great time, learn the classes, abilities, creatures, mechanics, make friends and then it really gets going as you progress through massive raid dungeons, collect your keys and help your guild get people attuned. Continue progressing through bottle necks and nearly impossible encounters? Where you have to go back again and again to gear everyone up to take on the next boss and spend night after night learning the encounter to FINALLY beat it and collect the rewards?

    Or are we looking at another AoC, a fantastic 1-20, an ok 20-40, crap 40-80 and then get a tiny broken raid dungeon and a dragon encounter, wait months and months for fixes and get minor fixes with more bugs?

    Even another Aion, a great looking concept of a game from 1-30/40 and drops you into a grind fest only to work towards a half assed end game with no real raids?

    You can add in a dozen more mmo's that had a great start but no end game to keep players looking forward to.

    Let's face it, when we were all back in EQ gathering up forces to take on massive raid encounters there was nothing like the high you got when you came out on top! So will Rift deliver that thrill were all seeking?
    Raid size? There will be instances at end-game with different sizes. 5, 10 and 20. There will also be "Heroic" style difficulty settings.
    How many raid zones on release? Not known at present
    Outdoor raid? Only instances have been mentioned so far
    Rift raids? Rifts escalate to need a large quantity of people, i.e. raids, but people can join the "raid" just by participating. No mention has been made of having rifts that are solely for a raiding guild to do on their own.
    If you say plz instead of please, I say no because it's shorter than yes.

  3. #3
    Shield of Telara Tinker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    731

    Default

    ...why do I suspect you have that on copy and paste, Liz?

    Welcome to the forums! There's some really dishy information in the Newcomers thread - I admit I looked it up myself today and found things I didn't even know about, so it's worth a look.

    Cheers!

  4. #4
    Ascendant Liziana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tinker View Post
    ...why do I suspect you have that on copy and paste, Liz?

    Welcome to the forums! There's some really dishy information in the Newcomers thread - I admit I looked it up myself today and found things I didn't even know about, so it's worth a look.

    Cheers!
    Shhhh ........
    If you say plz instead of please, I say no because it's shorter than yes.

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple Dashra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Novi MI
    Posts
    188

    Default

    Shows me to rely on the search function.

    Addiction: Rift: Section Guild Leader

    http://www.addictguild.com/

  6. #6
    Plane Walker Evereghalo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Arlington, Texas
    Posts
    466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dashra View Post
    So we have a good idea how the game is going to be played and for those of us who belong to the "End game" raiding guilds we absolutely need information on raid structure.

    Raid size?
    How many raid zones on release?
    Outdoor raid?
    Rift raids?

    I've been watching this game develop into something special but is it going to be that game! The game you play all the way through, have a great time, learn the classes, abilities, creatures, mechanics, make friends and then it really gets going as you progress through massive raid dungeons, collect your keys and help your guild get people attuned. Continue progressing through bottle necks and nearly impossible encounters? Where you have to go back again and again to gear everyone up to take on the next boss and spend night after night learning the encounter to FINALLY beat it and collect the rewards?

    Or are we looking at another AoC, a fantastic 1-20, an ok 20-40, crap 40-80 and then get a tiny broken raid dungeon and a dragon encounter, wait months and months for fixes and get minor fixes with more bugs?

    Even another Aion, a great looking concept of a game from 1-30/40 and drops you into a grind fest only to work towards a half assed end game with no real raids?

    You can add in a dozen more mmo's that had a great start but no end game to keep players looking forward to.

    Let's face it, when we were all back in EQ gathering up forces to take on massive raid encounters there was nothing like the high you got when you came out on top! So will Rift deliver that thrill were all seeking?
    They have already said that there will be rift content that leads to PvP and that the dynamic content will be a heavy part of the game. And if they answered these questions odds are sense the game is still in alpha they would say they are testing everything to see what works. Making everything everyone says about this almost total speculation.

    However, a discussion about how big people want to see raids would be awesome debate.

    a) 10
    b) 20
    c) 25
    d) 40
    ?

    I say 25 to 40. I love the challenges of managing an online guild.

  7. #7
    Rift Disciple Dashra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Novi MI
    Posts
    188

    Default

    I can live with 20 but I would love to see 40 up to 72. Large raids really bring guilds together or trash the weak. It's always nice to see tentative alliances formed between guilds that don't have the numbers to do it themselves and take on the big single encounters.

    Side thought, would be funny to see an instance boss that requires 40 to complete but only allows in 20 defiant and 20 guardians.

    Addiction: Rift: Section Guild Leader

    http://www.addictguild.com/

  8. #8
    Ascendant Liziana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Evereghalo View Post
    They have already said that there will be rift content that leads to PvP and that the dynamic content will be a heavy part of the game. And if they answered these questions odds are sense the game is still in alpha they would say they are testing everything to see what works. Making everything everyone says about this almost total speculation.

    However, a discussion about how big people want to see raids would be awesome debate.

    a) 10
    b) 20
    c) 25
    d) 40
    ?

    I say 25 to 40. I love the challenges of managing an online guild.
    Sheesh, get your facts right just once? The raid size was a quote from a Dev, it is not "almost total speculation".
    If you say plz instead of please, I say no because it's shorter than yes.

  9. #9
    Ascendant Kalbuir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    2,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Evereghalo View Post
    They have already said that there will be rift content that leads to PvP and that the dynamic content will be a heavy part of the game. And if they answered these questions odds are sense the game is still in alpha they would say they are testing everything to see what works. Making everything everyone says about this almost total speculation.

    However, a discussion about how big people want to see raids would be awesome debate.

    a) 10
    b) 20
    c) 25
    d) 40
    ?

    I say 25 to 40. I love the challenges of managing an online guild.
    There will be 10 and 20 man raids, no point in dicussing it at this point anymore.

    Regards,
    Kalbuir

  10. #10
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Raive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,918

    Default

    I believe devs confirmed 5 - 10 - 20. Rifts can vary but nothing like 40 - 72. Raid sizes were once said to be 25 last year but now down to 20...don't see them changing that unless they go back to 25.

    #retiredBear #teamBBCs #puffForeverMad

  11. #11
    Shield of Telara Caracarn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    691

    Default

    It is certainly not going to be 72, as Rift will have the 5 man basic group setup from WOW. I think 20-25 is a fair number that most guilds should be able to handle alone. However I would love to see some overland encounters needing multiple raid to be successful (with a heavy lockout timer of course).
    ELDER of TELARA

    Proud member of NEMESIS

  12. #12
    Champion of Telara Ancient's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Liziana View Post
    Sheesh, get your facts right just once? The raid size was a quote from a Dev, it is not "almost total speculation".
    this had me ROFL. Why let facts get in the way of seemingly being knowledgable

  13. #13
    Ascendant Liziana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
    this had me ROFL. Why let facts get in the way of seemingly being knowledgable
    I had at that point, reached total, all consuming frustration!!! It kinda burst out of me! I've tried putting him on ignore, but he spouts so much stuff as being fact, when it's only in his head, it's best to keep any eye on him before new people get to read his "facts" and then whine when it's found they aren't so. Or...as in this case, he says it's all speculation when they've already told us...so he causes more threads to "speculate" on raid size!!

    Hmph....*stomps off muttering about heatwaves*
    If you say plz instead of please, I say no because it's shorter than yes.

  14. #14
    Shield of Telara Tinker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    731

    Default

    *blinks, and edges away from Liz slowly*...good grief, didn't see that one coming. The heat is getting to one, surely. Granted, I rather thought everyone on the forums had already put the bloke on ignore already, and if not yet, eventually they will, so save yourself some torment, Liz.

    Anyway, question answered, and now the feature guide has been expanded, even more cool stuff awaits those who seek The Answers. It really is worth a look in.

  15. #15
    Rift Disciple Meson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    180

    Default

    I personally feel 20-25 is the biggest needed in reality. Not too hard to put together, a good number of people and of course enjoyable

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts