+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Raid content / Raid Size

Question Raid content / Raid Size

So we have a good idea how the game is going to be played and for those of us who belong to the "End game" raiding guilds we absolutely need information on raid structure.

Raid size?
    How many raid zones on release?
    Outdoor raid?
    Rift raids?

I've been watching this game develop into something special but is it going to be that game! The game you play all the way through, have a great time, learn the classes, abilities, creatures, mechanics, make friends and then it really gets going as you progress through massive raid dungeons, collect your keys and help your guild get people attuned. Continue progressing through bottle necks and nearly impossible encounters? Where you have to go back again and again to gear everyone up to take on the next boss and spend night after night learning the encounter to FINALLY beat it and collect the rewards?

Or are we looking at another AoC, a fantastic 1-20, an ok 20-40, crap 40-80 and then get a tiny broken raid dungeon and a dragon encounter, wait months and months for fixes and get minor fixes with more bugs?

Even another Aion, a great looking concept of a game from 1-30/40 and drops you into a grind fest only to work towards a half assed end game with no real raids?

You can add in a dozen more mmo's that had a great start but no end game to keep players looking forward to.

Let's face it, when we were all back in EQ gathering up forces to take on massive raid encounters there was nothing like the high you got when you came out on top! So will Rift deliver that thrill were all seeking?

Addiction: Rift: Section Guild Leader

http://www.addictguild.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Dashra View Post
    So we have a good idea how the game is going to be played and for those of us who belong to the "End game" raiding guilds we absolutely need information on raid structure.

Raid size?
    Outdoor raid?
    Rift raids?

I've been watching this game develop into something special but is it going to be that game! The game you play all the way through, have a great time, learn the classes, abilities, creatures, mechanics, make friends and then it really gets going as you progress through massive raid dungeons, collect your keys and help your guild get people attuned. Continue progressing through bottle necks and nearly impossible encounters? Where you have to go back again and again to gear everyone up to take on the next boss and spend night after night learning the encounter to FINALLY beat it and collect the rewards?

Or are we looking at another AoC, a fantastic 1-20, an ok 20-40, crap 40-80 and then get a tiny broken raid dungeon and a dragon encounter, wait months and months for fixes and get minor fixes with more bugs?

Even another Aion, a great looking concept of a game from 1-30/40 and drops you into a grind fest only to work towards a half assed end game with no real raids?

You can add in a dozen more mmo's that had a great start but no end game to keep players looking forward to.

Let's face it, when we were all back in EQ gathering up forces to take on massive raid encounters there was nothing like the high you got when you came out on top! So will Rift deliver that thrill were all seeking?
    Raid size? There will be instances at end-game with different sizes. 5, 10 and 20. There will also be "Heroic" style difficulty settings.
    How many raid zones on release? Not known at present
    Outdoor raid? Only instances have been mentioned so far
    Rift raids? Rifts escalate to need a large quantity of people, i.e. raids, but people can join the "raid" just by participating. No mention has been made of having rifts that are solely for a raiding guild to do on their own.
    If you say plz instead of please, I say no because it's shorter than yes.

...why do I suspect you have that on copy and paste, Liz?

Welcome to the forums! There's some really dishy information in the Newcomers thread - I admit I looked it up myself today and found things I didn't even know about, so it's worth a look.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker View Post
    ...why do I suspect you have that on copy and paste, Liz?

Welcome to the forums! There's some really dishy information in the Newcomers thread - I admit I looked it up myself today and found things I didn't even know about, so it's worth a look.

Cheers!
    Shhhh ........

Shows me to rely on the search function.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashra View Post

Raid size?
    Outdoor raid?
    Rift raids?

They have already said that there will be rift content that leads to PvP and that the dynamic content will be a heavy part of the game. And if they answered these questions odds are sense the game is still in alpha they would say they are testing everything to see what works. Making everything everyone says about this almost total speculation.

However, a discussion about how big people want to see raids would be awesome debate.

a) 10
    b) 20
    c) 25
    d) 40
    ?

I say 25 to 40. I love the challenges of managing an online guild.

I can live with 20 but I would love to see 40 up to 72. Large raids really bring guilds together or trash the weak. It's always nice to see tentative alliances formed between guilds that don't have the numbers to do it themselves and take on the big single encounters.

Side thought, would be funny to see an instance boss that requires 40 to complete but only allows in 20 defiant and 20 guardians.

Quote Originally Posted by Evereghalo View Post
    They have already said that there will be rift content that leads to PvP and that the dynamic content will be a heavy part of the game. And if they answered these questions odds are sense the game is still in alpha they would say they are testing everything to see what works. Making everything everyone says about this almost total speculation.

However, a discussion about how big people want to see raids would be awesome debate.

a) 10
    b) 20
    c) 25
    d) 40
    ?

Sheesh, get your facts right just once? The raid size was a quote from a Dev, it is not "almost total speculation".

Quote Originally Posted by Evereghalo View Post

a) 10
    b) 20
    c) 25
    d) 40
    ?

There will be 10 and 20 man raids, no point in dicussing it at this point anymore.

Regards,
    Kalbuir

I believe devs confirmed 5 - 10 - 20. Rifts can vary but nothing like 40 - 72. Raid sizes were once said to be 25 last year but now down to 20...don't see them changing that unless they go back to 25.

#retiredBear #teamBBCs #puffForeverMad

It is certainly not going to be 72, as Rift will have the 5 man basic group setup from WOW. I think 20-25 is a fair number that most guilds should be able to handle alone. However I would love to see some overland encounters needing multiple raid to be successful (with a heavy lockout timer of course).
    ELDER of TELARA

Proud member of NEMESIS

Quote Originally Posted by Liziana View Post
    Sheesh, get your facts right just once? The raid size was a quote from a Dev, it is not "almost total speculation".
    this had me ROFL. Why let facts get in the way of seemingly being knowledgable

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
    this had me ROFL. Why let facts get in the way of seemingly being knowledgable
    I had at that point, reached total, all consuming frustration!!! It kinda burst out of me! I've tried putting him on ignore, but he spouts so much stuff as being fact, when it's only in his head, it's best to keep any eye on him before new people get to read his "facts" and then whine when it's found they aren't so. Or...as in this case, he says it's all speculation when they've already told us...so he causes more threads to "speculate" on raid size!!

Hmph....*stomps off muttering about heatwaves*

*blinks, and edges away from Liz slowly*...good grief, didn't see that one coming. The heat is getting to one, surely. Granted, I rather thought everyone on the forums had already put the bloke on ignore already, and if not yet, eventually they will, so save yourself some torment, Liz.

Anyway, question answered, and now the feature guide has been expanded, even more cool stuff awaits those who seek The Answers. It really is worth a look in.

I personally feel 20-25 is the biggest needed in reality. Not too hard to put together, a good number of people and of course enjoyable

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast