Closed Thread

Thread: How many character slots?

Shield of Telara

Default How many character slots?

I have looked for this and I have not found any answers. How many character slots do we get per account? Is it like WoW, getting 50 per account? Or is the only limit the six slots per sever? Meaning that we can make as many characters that we want as long as we still have servers to make characters on.

I am one that suffers from making alts. I just love to make different theme characters. Call me a semi RP. Where I could have a character that I envision as a homage to Dar the Beastmaster. Next I might want to make a homage to Robin Hood. Now I know that some will say you really only need four slots. Maybe eight slots if you wanted to play all callings on both sides. But changing builds just to get a different homage character is not the same as having that character. There that we can use without switching builds.

Rift Disciple

It should be per server not per account but all you will ever need is 4 per server since you can respec to make any class/soul combination if those 4 are of the four callings (warrior, rogue, cleric, mage). At least this game doesn't have you doing endless alts...just four then you are done.

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zansobar View Post
    all you will ever need is 4 per server
    Why do people keep saying this? This is an RPG. No amount of theoretical generic character advancement makes up for playing different characters who are, well, different.

Shield of Telara

6 per server.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Zansobar View Post
    It should be per server not per account but all you will ever need is 4 per server since you can respec to make any class/soul combination if those 4 are of the four callings (warrior, rogue, cleric, mage). At least this game doesn't have you doing endless alts...just four then you are done.
    Make that 8 as you could play 4 defiant and 4 guardian toons.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by JeradS View Post
    Make that 8 as you could play 4 defiant and 4 guardian toons.
    Once you hit 6 characters on a server the create button is grayed out.

Soulwalker

I know this is an older thread, but I didn't want to start a new one without looking for an existing thread on this topic.

Why are we only allocated six (6) character slots per server?

I started playing the Defiant side, leveled up three (3) toons, then switched to play the Guardian side. As I have leveled up four (4) toons on the Guardian side, I had to delete one of the Defiant toons to do so.

Why don't we have eight (8) character slots, per server, to facilitate the ability to have all four (4) classes represented on both faction sides? This also will allow us the flexibility to create all classes for both factions without having to delete toons.

Are there any plans to implement this?

Thanks!

Inevitable expansion = more character slots. Get with the program folks
    10 print "Do you want to win? Press 'Y' to continue"

20 if input = "y" then print "Woot! YOU WIN!!!"

30 goto 10

Shadowlander

We're a month into the game and you need more than 6 character slots on a server?

Unless you're into RP'ing, there really isn't a reason for more than four (8 total, so you can have 4 on each faction).

I personally have five; the fifth being a bank character. Granted, at this point in time, she's been completely worthless as I haven't had the need to bank anything. However, she'll be the unofficial guild bank until we get one.

You can get every crafting and gathering profession (there's 9) on just 3 chars, so that's not an excuse for more characters. And it's not like the race-specific traits are SO good that you need to reroll a class as a different race to have the upper hand over your original.

Ascendant

There are not enough is what I would say. I have had to delete several chars now just to play the first levels again and it is starting to really annoy me. My latest mage got to 24 pretty quick and what seems to be ignored is the differing crafting skills. This time I chose alchemy and the other mage 21 has outfitting. I also have a rogue 23 and cleric 37. The others are the dross now cus I just have to keep deleting. I need a warrior so that will do weapons and another to do armour I guess. The thing is with six its really is a struggle. I want to do another cleric, differing look, differing advancement, differing skills and professions and enjoy the journey again . I guess ten or better twelve per shard would suit me and the chance to post stuff across shards. In the end if it goes like WoW I would aim to have 10 per shard at max for the max I can play.

The first twenty five levels are magic on this game and I haven`t yet got bored playing them. So please give me ten per shard minimum to save me keep deleting characters. You groom a single character with name, look, skills, professions etc. Souls are only one tiny fragment of the game if you really enjoy playing the game to the full. I can't believe anyone in this game would have just four or just one.

Its all game time and you can only play one at a time so why does it matter how many you have.

Soulwalker

I'd just like to have eight (8) per server to have four (4) per faction.

One class per faction would be great!

And you're right about the races... They don't mean a thing since they removed the race attributes, except maybe cosmetically.

Additionally we shouldn't have to wait for an expansion to play all the classes for both factions on the same server.
    Last edited by SagaciousOne; 04-06-2011 at 11:00 AM.

Closed Thread