+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Things we would like to see in RIFT......GO!

Fun, strategic, open RvR maps that allow capturable areas that are worth defending.
    Last edited by alucardr; 03-21-2011 at 06:24 PM.
    Understanding the Sab
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...b-is-wild-card

50 Assassin/Riftstalker/Infiltrator
    Prestige 3

Telaran

my account restored..

Plane Touched

Here's my list: (some of it others may have posted but w/e)

Bug fixes: #1 Priority in my eyes, get the game running properly with graphical issues resolved.

Mount fixes: ( I personally don't care about this one but people have brought up some good arguments about it.)

Cosmetic slots for gear

Cross class cosmetic gear (If a mage wants to look like a warrior..all the power to them. It's not fair that a Warrior can wear all levels of armor leaving the rest of the classes restricted, some worse than others. )

More dyes

Fixes for crafters

More armor sets

More weapon sets (But lets NOT go all Final Fantasy with our 12 foot long swords please?)

Now some things I just want to see overall.

More talk about upcoming content, and just general feedback from the developers. Trion has up until now proved to be a very community directed group and it would be nice to never see that leave.

My preferences:
    1) Guild Vault
    2) Raid, party and guild voicechat
    3) Mailbox filtering
    4) Threat meter
    5) Dungeon Finder
    6) Trial server/s (for folks to try out the game without infesting the primary servers)
    7) $1000000 ;-D

FFA PVP or meaningful world PVP.

GO.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Aratheriel View Post
    Better mount options so not everyone is riding a horse. (Because it's really the only attractive option on the defiant side)
    Barbershop so we can change our toons look after we've create them.
    Appearance gear slots so I don't have to trade in this lovely robe for that potato sack.
    +1 to this.

I forgot to add some other requests:
    1) Guild applications: enabling folks to apply for a guild when officers aren't online.
    2) Tabards: A collectible item. When I used to play WoW *shudders* it used to annoy me that tabards took up a inventory slot. Enable the wearing of a tabard to be turned on and off in game settings, just as you can do with helmets.
    3) Guild finder : Pretty self-explanatory...

Telaran

1. Guild bank
    2. Player housing
    3. Specific PVP zones

The small island(shoreward) between freemarch and silver wood is kind of neat. Way to small, but something like that , in each teir, that is much larger. There should be one central keep and a couple of towers to fight over. Underneath the island could be a myriad of tunnels with mobs to grind, bosses to fight, currency to drop along with people heading in there to gank each other!! muahah.

This zone would be primarily about PVP however, and increased favour granted for kills there. Buffs for players in this teir could be given server wide, for whoever owns the main castle.

You would have to swim to get to this area, and it should be an open area not instanced.

4. Firey squirrel mounts(Love that).
    5. Monk Archetype
    6. 3rd faction - HA..not likely but one can dream.
    7. More random rift variety.
    8. PVP rifts - A faction can work together to gain mats, which eventually opens a rift portal from their city to the opposing city. They can take it down, own it and the other faction has to get it back!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hydraulix View Post
    2) Triple Faction instead of plain old Good vs Bad
    You Sir win +1 internetz!!!one1

Too many two-sided games out there!

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan Macmanus View Post
    PvP rifts.

Rift opens up in a guardian zone, all lv 50 defiants get a message "An army is being raised to take Sanctum!" or some ****.

they join, gain an ability "Create foothold".

Then you take towns with NPC and player mixed invasions all the way to sanctum, then attack sanctum itself.

Defiant wins, Sanctum and the surrounding area is a Defiant zone till the Guardians destroy the specialized foothold inside Sanctum.

Do it. Do it NOW.
    Great idea - I second this. Perhaps a separate list of servers for RvR (if I understand what that means).

A lot of the pets (beastmasters', hunters') could be better looking. Not solely a negative comment; for example, I'd like to see big wolves and bears...or a dragon! Perhaps even a pet that you ride which stays with you in battle?? A knight soul!

A fourth race has been said a lot, but I N'th this as well.

What if the bard could interact more with the environment...like Tom Bombadil. You know you want it!

More than 3 crafting specialties; if I wanna spend hours making swords and armor, etc. - why not let me? And more armor crafting options like more different styles.

Okay...GO!

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Charnyr View Post
    I would like to see players like you go back to WoW ... GO!

player housing defeats the concept of an mmorpg and just NO! now GO!
    WoW's got guild halls and player housing?

I want player housing and guild halls so I don't have to be around players like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tovrin View Post
    You Sir win +1 internetz!!!one1

Too many two-sided games out there!
    I never saw the 2 factions as good vs bad. I see them more as traditionalists versus futurists, almost what we see in the real world.

Plane Walker

Bigger bags

A special bag for crafting with 100 slots. Try armorsmith, runecrafter and miner while questing in two to three areas at once.

Remove the need for bag space to obtain quest items. Means introduce a 25-100 slots space for quests stuff only- Make it so crafting stuff and quest items go atomatically into the right bag. The "Inventory full" while deep in enemy terretory was what drove me away from WoW. This is really game and fun interrupting par excellence

Even bigger bags. The starter should be 50 and the crafted bags should be twice as big at least.

Multi-role armor tabs with appreance slots. Make it so evry role unlocks an armor tab in the character window. And make it so every armor tab in the character window has its own appearance slots. This one has my highest priority, i dont understand how a game releases without appearance slots now a days.

I would love to see special events happen every month, especially for easter and christmas, yeah I know its kind of wowy but they were fun and it was something to do when nothing much else was happening.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Hydraulix View Post
    1) Huge castle raids/sieges. (Warhammer style)

2) Triple Faction instead of plain old Good vs Bad

3) More diversity in gear appearances

4) at least a 4th race for each faction

5) Addons support implemented

6) Guild Bank w/ permissions and export/live to website/xml/php to display goods.

7) In game calendar w/scheduled events capability

Added emphasis to this persons post.

I agree with it mostly but srsly.....

Get out of my game Wrathbabies and give me RVR
    Last edited by Awfeel; 03-22-2011 at 12:12 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast