Closed Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Rift better then Aion?

Telaran

Question Rift better then Aion?

Just a random thought does anybody think that Rift is better then Aion?

I was playing Aion for almost 2 years and got to 55 and in my opinion there's just not much end game content in Aion. I'm hoping that will be different on Rift, i only have a lvl 27 right now but the Rift's are amazingly fun and so are the instances.

I defiantly think rift is much more enjoyable in all honesty. Only thing Aion beats Rift in is Character creation, besides that nothing really.

Ascendant

I couldn't get past day two in Aion and I've been here since head start so yes is my answer. I can't speak to end game content and I don't plan on being able to for some time...

aion.. the game that almost was. i never even hit max level in aion, played at launch until lvl 41, then said heck with this. if only they had added lowbie instanced pvp i might have stuck with it longer.

rift >>>>> aion.
    We are asking for RvR.

I struggled to get to 40 in Aion. I couldn't level past 40 in Aion because of the grind.
    Sharuko - Guardian Mathosian Cleric
    Sharuko - Defiant Kelari Rogue
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=138502&dateline=13019  27021

I couldn't get past 10 due to the grind.

Pretty but no.
    There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die at the end of your blade.

Rift Chaser

I would rather sit in my house and watch TV than play Aion.

In fact, that's basically what I did after about 40 levels. What a trudge that was. Rift is Aion if you took out warfronts, took out invasions and took out rifts.

(Actually, Aion had "rifts" that let players attack the opposing side's homeland. It's actually a little odd that Aion had this and Rift doesn't...)

I can't play Korean games anymore. Before I got spoiled to WoW, it was fine. I enjoyed Ragnarok Online for a good many years, as well as a couple others, but the WoW format is where it is at. That's not to say WoW is perfect, especially since Cata, but it has the right idea and Rift took that general idea, just was WoW took a lot of the general ideas.
    <The Project Hate> on Faeblight
    Nekronomica - Nekronomicon - Nekronomia - Nekronomis

Asst. Community Manager Walsingham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kings View Post
    Just a random thought does anybody think that Rift is better then Aion?

I was playing Aion for almost 2 years and got to 55 and in my opinion there's just not much end game content in Aion. I'm hoping that will be different on Rift, i only have a lvl 27 right now but the Rift's are amazingly fun and so are the instances.

I defiantly think rift is much more enjoyable in all honesty. Only thing Aion beats Rift in is Character creation, besides that nothing really.
    Off the record, Rift is far above and beyond Aion. Aion also had a big problem with being on rails. This is just my personal opinion from playing both.

Quote Originally Posted by exLupo View Post
    I couldn't get past 10 due to the grind.

Pretty but no.
    What grind was there at level 10?

I never hit a grind til level 20 +

Aion was alright, the grind killed it and the yes, dear I say it, the constant ganking of lowbies by high levels. Flame all you want, Aion would have made a great PVE game.

The battle system was awesome, the crafting was tedious, and if you paid attention the story was pretty good. Main focus on PVP killed it because most people can't play a game how it's meant to be played. It's all about taking short cuts, being jerks, and having no respect for others.

I liked Aion quite a lot, played it since launch, and I'll still defend a lot of aspects of it that people bash. Like the grind? What grind? I straight quested to 50 by December 2009, playing quite casually even. Then people threw tantrums about Fenris/Miragent, and yet I did that entire chain in 3 weeks in January 2010, as well as having helped several friends farm bloods to knock theirs out in even less time.

Anyway, I was fairly fond of 2.0 as well, got to 55 in only a few days, but I ended up just getting bored from playing the same game for so long. I'm level 50 in Rift now and having more fun than I did for the most part being capped in Aion, so I like it more, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Walsingham View Post
    Off the record..
    Purple post! Too late! Word is law!

/alerttheinternet
    There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die at the end of your blade.

Quote Originally Posted by Walsingham View Post
    Off the record, Rift is far above and beyond Aion. Aion also had a big problem with being on rails. This is just my personal opinion from playing both.
    Hmmm....a little biased? lol

Seriously though, are purples (mods) allowed to bash Rift?
    Shaedence - 60 Guardian Kelari Cleric - Threesprings (US-PvE)
    Azshlee - 51 Guardian Kelari Rogue - Threesprings (US-PvE)
    Faei - 51 Defiant Kelari Mage - Threesprings (US-PvE)
    Officer of <The Night Crew>

No Korean style MMO will ever be successful in the U.S. they just do not get American gamers and vice versa. The best hope NCSoft ever had to break into this market was Richard Garriott, City of heroes did 'ok' but again it broke from traditional Korean style games.

I took one look at Aion, then looked who at was making it and knew it would be dead in 6 months to a year. Now it's just like Lineage, dwindling player base that isn't coming back.

I wanted to like Aion....I really did. I left WAR to go to Aion. I didnt want to leave War, I really liked War even though it was basically one dimensional. War seemed to be dieing, and Aion was new. I tried to like it, tried to convince myself I liked it. But I really didnt like it. It took me two months to figure out that not only was I never going to like it, I really hated it. I gave it another month before I quit and went back to War.

I dont have to convince myself about Rift, I do like it. I enjoy it. It may not be the revolutionary game changer that some games set out to be, but it takes the good things about the MMO world and uses and improves them. Rift was off my radar and I kinda fell into it. I am real glad that I did.

Rift Disciple

I played Aion since CB, and I do have a 51 SM 42 PvP Temp 43 Sin and 30+ all others. There was no real grind in Aion, but I come from 7 years of ffxi. Atleast a grind as most people think. I consider a grind anything you are forced to do repeatedly. Aion's only "grind" was the lack of anything to "grind" besides mobs. I quit 9 months after Aion released, and haven't looked back. My girlfriend still plays and loves her characters.

The poor PvE and even lack luster PvP too me, killed Aion. He who had the most kinah/consumables wins the game. Although, Aion had alot of potential, that went down the drain with NCsoft behind the wheel.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast