+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gold Sellers

Ascendant

Default Gold Sellers

Every day for 2 weeks I recieve at least one message from the exact same gold seller. I report him every time. Same with every person I know. First why am I still receiving in game mail from this dude? Why is he not now blocked from contacting me? Second, with hundreds (if not thousands) of reports of mail spam from this same person, why is he not banned?

Scott said they took gold selling seriously. Doesn't seem so serious.

So when you get your account hacked, you have no one to blame but Trion's lackluster response to something they promised both in video and podcast to their players.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by solarbear View Post
    Every day for 2 weeks I recieve at least one message from the exact same gold seller. I report him every time. Same with every person I know. First why am I still receiving in game mail from this dude? Why is he not now blocked from contacting me? Second, with hundreds (if not thousands) of reports of mail spam from this same person, why is he not banned?

Scott said they took gold selling seriously. Doesn't seem so serious.

So when you get your account hacked, you have no one to blame but Trion's lackluster response to something they promised both in video and podcast to their players.
    This is what I have been doing about it. http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...unity-approach. The idea is it curb the buyers in a manner that the spammers lose money with Rift, reducing their interest in the game and with it their presence.

How many of you have seen those vote commercials. The one I can think of off the top of my head has a bunch of people standing around a faucet with the water running. Everyone considering it something that should be resolved, but no one doing anything about it.

Then at the end of the commercial one person walks over and turns it off.

Read over what I am doing about it, it's so simple that anyone can do it.

There are thousands of people playing rift. We could be very effective in reducing sellers income if just 2 or 3 people per server do the same.
    Thread Promo: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...nity-approach.

Partial MMO History including: EQ1 ,EQ2,DAoC,WAR,WoW,CoH/V,EVE,LotRO,V:SoH,AoC,Allods,RyL,L2,AC2,CoS, PoBS,VC,Wurm,SL,PS,SWG,PL(iOS),Aion,HZ,STO,BOI,DDO ,DCU MoreSigSpacePlease.

The reason your getting the same spam from the same person is the way the current block filter works.

Spammer creates a char called BOB

BOB e-mails you and you block/report BOB

Spammer deleted BOB (and the system deletes everything linked to BOB, including your server side stored block list with him on it)

Spammer recreated BOB and spams you again.

They need to make you block list account wide, so it blocks any toon that person makes, or make it remember that you blocked BOB even tho BOB you blocked was deleted and its really a new BOB that is spamming you. You don't care if it was old BOB or new BOB, you want it still blocked!
    Last edited by Natjur; 03-15-2011 at 05:14 PM.

+ Reply to Thread