+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Please NO ADD ONS!!!!!

Default Please NO ADD ONS!!!!!

just my bit in these add ons seem to scream for

i dont want them it takes away from the difficulty of the game am i the only one that thinks this for example a healing add on that (healbot) i used this when playing wow and to say the least it made it alot easier to heal which at the time was great but the novelty wore off and when i tried to go back to healing the old fashioned way (key binds) etc it was near impossible due to the fact i forgot how and nobody would give me the chance to re learn well thats my tuppence worth please discuss

I love addons! Bring them on.

Shadowlander

Not that I'm not doin' it myself but..."Don't feed the troll"

Default Please shuttup!!!!

If you don't like them, don't use them but don't try to ruin it for others.

Yes, add-ons but...

Addons like Auctionator, Bagnon, FuBar, eCast (casting bar modification), PerlUI, especially addons that allow me to exchange the font. The font currently in game just won't do for me.

Not addons like Recount, Deadly Boss Mods, Omen Threat Meter, Decursive, Gearscore, HealBot, they should be forbidden in RIFT.
    Last edited by Slougheye; 03-15-2011 at 05:09 AM.
    I'm nobody! Who are you?
    Are you nobody, too?

The only add on I want is a parser so that I can gauge my rotations.
    Nebakar 50 Guardian Rogue Sunrest
    Matael 3X Guardian Warrior Sunrest
    Matala 1X Defiant Mage Harrow

WoW is proof that add ons ruin a game.

This is not my opinion only. I personally know about 20 people that stopped playing WoW because of the elitist ridiculousness Recount and Gearscore caused. In addition to this, the forums of every MMO I have seen are filled with complaints.

For those that feel add ons are their right...L2P!

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by DMTyrisis View Post

This is not my opinion only. I personally know about 20 people that stopped playing WoW because of the elitist ridiculousness Recount and Gearscore caused. In addition to this, the forums of every MMO I have seen are filled with complaints.

I half agree ..

DBM.. makes people lazy and they can't do the fight untill it's timing is right.
    Auction House.. Ruins the economy.
    Gearscore .. Don't get me started, the number of people that got refused because of this in WoW.
    It also gets a lot of people who can't play into guilds and raids!

I do love my appearance add-on's though, I like to make my own action bars etc..

Plane Touched

Because 20 is such an impressive number from a game that is played by millions, right?

I know a lot of people on this game/forum/community hate WoW and don't want to accept that it is a good game, but honestly... the numbers don't lie. If WoW was as bad as so many people claimed it was, they wouldn't have those numbers. WoW is a good game. It may not be to your liking, but that doesn't mean it's not a good game.

Also, addons are coming to RIFT, like it or not.

The developers have said that they were not currently happy with the Addon API but that once they were happy with it, they would release it to the public.

Hmm, aren't people kicked due to Recount those that should L2P?
    You simply know 20 baddies that wanted to be carried while nobody notice ("Hey, I'm in Naxx purples! Damn elitist, why don't you invite me to hc ICC?").

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Qlippoth View Post
    Hmm, aren't people kicked due to Recount those that should L2P?
    You simply know 20 baddies that wanted to be carried while nobody notice ("Hey, I'm in Naxx purples! Damn elitist, why don't you invite me to hc ICC?").
    Yeah I'm very elitist ... I would never kick someone due to gearscore though ... I really hated that add-on, you couldn't get experienced players just some **** that got lucky a lot!

Recount is another issue though. it does track well but then you have people that will boot people since they don't know how it works. I'm talking about healers and absorption ..
    This wasn't the add-on's problem though, just the idiot linking it.

This kind of anecdotal evidence is the worst kind of nonsense.
    Damage meters existed as far back as Molten Core raiding.
    Good players/guilds used them to their advantage.
    Bad players/guilds used them to ostracize players, to their own detriment.

Players with poor social skills and a mean sense of entitlement ruined WoW, not addons.
    KILL THE DUDE WITH THE THING!
    http://www.dansopel.com/mourkain_lesson.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Slougheye View Post
    Yes, add-ons but...

Addons like Auctionator, Bagnon, FuBar, eCast (casting bar modification), PerlUI, especially addons that allow me to exchange the font. The font currently in game just won't do for me.

Not addons like Recount, Deadly Boss Mods, Omen Threat Meter, Decursive, Gearscore, HealBot, they should be forbidden in RIFT.
    We already have heallbot(a form of it), they are called "mouseover macro's"

Quote Originally Posted by Intruder313 View Post
    If you don't like them, don't use them but don't try to ruin it for others.
    Excuse me, but you peeps who want that junk are the ones "ruining it for others." Bye bye to every class on a team except for a few flavor-of-the-month top-dps builds, period. That all-out sucks. If you want brainless, cookie-cutter game play, feel free to go back to WoW. You can keep your screaming jerks, thank you.

We, on the other hand, will take Rift just as it is: a refreshing change where *every* class truly has something to bring to the table.

They tried adding this schlock to Everquest 2 after over six years without it, and the community balked so loudly that they removed dps meters and that add-on crap again before it ever came out of beta. There are 24 classes there, and it won't work here with 36, either.

And with all the perpetual whining about Rift account hacks, add-ons are the LAST thing this game needs. It's a very popular way for hackers to get into your PC- they embed key loggers into the add-on downloads. That's not brain surgery to figure out, but I wouldn't expect those that cannot even play the easy MMORPGs of today without begging for programs to help them with the strain to even begin to comprehend that.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSiren View Post
    And with all the perpetual whining about Rift account hacks, add-ons are the LAST thing this game needs. It's a very popular way for hackers to get into your PC- they embed key loggers into the add-on downloads. That's not brain surgery to figure out, but I wouldn't expect those that cannot even play the easy MMORPGs of today without begging for programs to help them with the strain to even begin to comprehend that.
    Attention deficit players who want everything summed up for them in an easy-to-read format? Sadly it seems to be the case. These folks sure know how to rip the magic out of a game and its community, while breaking it all down into mechanics and formulas.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast