+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Please NO ADD ONS!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheSiren View Post
    Excuse me, but you peeps who want that junk are the ones "ruining it for others." Bye bye to every class on a team except for a few flavor-of-the-month top-dps builds, period. That all-out sucks. If you want brainless, cookie-cutter game play, feel free to go back to WoW. You can keep your screaming jerks, thank you.

We, on the other hand, will take Rift just as it is: a refreshing change where *every* class truly has something to bring to the table.

They tried adding this schlock to Everquest 2 after over six years without it, and the community balked so loudly that they removed dps meters and that add-on crap again before it ever came out of beta. There are 24 classes there, and it won't work here with 36, either.

And with all the perpetual whining about Rift account hacks, add-ons are the LAST thing this game needs. It's a very popular way for hackers to get into your PC- they embed key loggers into the add-on downloads. That's not brain surgery to figure out, but I wouldn't expect those that cannot even play the easy MMORPGs of today without begging for programs to help them with the strain to even begin to comprehend that.
    1. dps meters do not cause cookie-cutter specs.
    2. Plenty of cosmetic addons.

I myself, I'm waiting for better raid frames, ones that show my HoT's.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulpus View Post
    Attention deficit players who want everything summed up for them in an easy-to-read format? Sadly it seems to be the case. These folks sure know how to rip the magic out of a game and its community, while breaking it all down into mechanics and formulas.
    *gasp* People actually enjoy theorycrafting?(which is possible without dps meters).
    Those bastards!

also,
    Attention deficit players
    breaking it all down into mechanics and formulas.
    Do you even know what your saying?

Soulwalker

I agree with having no add ons. I was a heavy add-on user for WoW, mainly because the interface lacked a lot of things that are standard in Rift. Auctioneer is the best example of a game ruining add-on that I can think of, the AH is as much as skill as knowing your best ability rotations, but not in WoW with Auctioneer. Spoiled the fun completely for me.

Now if Trion would just add the ability to open and collect all in-game mail and attachments from my failed auctions I'll be happy

Quote Originally Posted by rederoin View Post

Do you even know what your saying?
    Do you? Or is an angry, angsty, knee-jerk reaction just your automatic way of reacting to somebody who doesn't agree with you?
    Last edited by Vulpus; 03-15-2011 at 05:49 AM.

Do you? Or is an angry, angsty, knee-jerk reaction just your automatic way of reacting to somebody who doesn't agree with you?
    No,. not at all.
    Sorry for pointing out what was wrong with your post.

I'll quote it again, just to make it clear to you
    You honestly don't see what is wrong with this quote?

Quote Originally Posted by rederoin View Post
    No,. not at all.
    Sorry for pointing out what was wrong with your post.

I'll quote it again, just to make it clear to you

You honestly don't see what is wrong with this quote?
    So you're saying that some add-ons don't tabulate certain info from group scenarios or whatever into an easy-to-read format, making that particular scenario statistically transparent, thereby breaking a judgement of it down in to easy mechanics. You're saying that you still have to simply get a 'feel' for a game, for the players, and those scenarios, just like any non add-on user, and your emphasis is still on community and players and not on data?
    Last edited by Vulpus; 03-15-2011 at 06:03 AM.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Satansreject View Post
    just my bit in these add ons seem to scream for

i dont want them it takes away from the difficulty of the game am i the only one that thinks this for example a healing add on that (healbot) i used this when playing wow and to say the least it made it alot easier to heal which at the time was great but the novelty wore off and when i tried to go back to healing the old fashioned way (key binds) etc it was near impossible due to the fact i forgot how and nobody would give me the chance to re learn well thats my tuppence worth please discuss
    Why did you feel the need to create a new thread when 90+ others of the exact same kind exist? 1*

Attention deficit players who want everything summed up for them in an easy-to-read format? Sadly it seems to be the case. These folks sure know how to rip the magic out of a game and its community, while breaking it all down into mechanics and formulas.
    "Waaah math is hard! Mom!" .

Shadowlander

I just wanted to say I agree..

No Addons
    This is Your Brain on Drugs
    This is Your Brain on Rift
    http://www.RiftBrain.com (A Rift Database)

So you're saying that some add-ons don't tabulate certain info from group scenarios or whatever into an easy-to-read format, making that particular scenario statistically transparent, thereby breaking a judgement of it down in to easy mechanics. You're saying that you still have to simply get a 'feel' for a game, for the players, and those scenarios, just like any non add-on user, and your emphasis is still on community and players and not on data?
    Ye, you still don't get what was wrong with your quote.
    People that lack the attention, will never even try to theory-craft.

That being said, some people love to theorycraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Qlippoth View Post
    "Waaah math is hard! Mom!" .
    EDIT: Ah, forget it. It's not worth responding to.
    Last edited by Vulpus; 03-15-2011 at 06:09 AM.

Rift Disciple

I'm not sure what decade you're living in, but you clearly have never played another MMO before. So here is the thing, everything you see when you look at the default UI originated as, and here is the point, an addon.

If you think addons make games easier, and you are opposed to this, then I suggest you go back to Everquest. Everquest just opened a classic server were you will feel right at home, start as an Eurudite and it just might take you three days to get out of the starting city.

Addons make life easier, they improve gameplay, they develop a very important part of the community, and they free developers from having to work on item swaps and raid frames so they can work on content and bug fixes.

i would like a cleaner UI yeah, the options for how to place and scale the ui is nice
    but thats not everything, i dont wanna see quests when im in WF or doing a rift..
    takes up to much space.
    and i would also like the option to get a custom look on the ui itself to more fit me but so far its ok
    i would also LOVE a "onebag" instead of 5 small one's (helps clean up the ui ^^)

however what i do NOT wanna see again in any game what so ever is
    DPS meters, threat meters, gearscore or something like that
    thats for people with no mind about how things works and how to play

ok.. DPS meters can be used solo to find out your own dps and how to boost it and thats ok
    but how it is in wow now its causing way more trouble then help..
    i dont wanna know ur dps, just do ur job. even a newbie can dmg a mob and as long as the person does something im ok with it...
    gearscore is pure out BS! if u RLY feel like u need something like that then rly.. get a life

Peace
    Sakura
    http://files1.guildlaunch.net/guild/library/113504/Defiant.png
    Bloodiron EU PvP
    Sakura - Cleric
    Gaara - Mage
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...-Noobs-A-Fable
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...nderstand-them
    People need to see these links!

Soulwalker

Seems odd some people have such a dislike to DPS meters. They give great insight in who is TERRIBAD, which most people who do not like them, probably are. Why else would you not like the competition.

I'm all for them. Lets me know how I'm doing and if I can compete and lets me spot who's not.
    Last edited by Idkfa; 03-15-2011 at 06:34 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2