+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: I'm calling this right now...Rift best mmo of All Time

Banned

Default I'm calling this right now...Rift best mmo of All Time

It has to be said...we are all thinking it. We don't want to admit it...but it's in the back of our minds while playing this masterpiece. It's just unbelieveable that this game is that good...how can this be? How can any mmo be better than WoW?

We all knew this day would come...the mmo that would actually put the stake in the heart of that vampire of a game World of Warcraft. WoW is in the coffin and being lowered into the ground as I type this...only thing left to do is throw flowers on the casket as it's being buried and have someone read over a once great game...dust to dust ..ashes to ashes...etc...

Rift is quite possibly the best launch in history of mmo's except for the pvp whiners refusing to go to other servers where there was no queue, lol...and all the fake "my account has been hacked" threads, lol.... just WoW fanboys trying to derail this game

I have been hearing this comment more and more and more..."how can anybody go back to WoW after playing Rift?"

A new day has dawned in the mmo gaming world...and a new sheriff has walked into town...the name is RIFT. Goodbye WoW...it was fun while it lasted

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Jetsun View Post
    It has to be said...we are all thinking it. We don't want to admit it...but it's in the back of our minds while playing this masterpiece. It's just unbelieveable that this game is that good...how can this be? How can any mmo be better than WoW?

We all knew this day would come...the mmo that would actually put the stake in the heart of that vampire of a game World of Warcraft. WoW is in the coffin and being lowered into the ground as I type this...only thing left to do is throw flowers on the casket as it's being buried and have someone read over a once great game...dust to dust ..ashes to ashes...etc...

Rift is quite possibly the best launch in history of mmo's except for the pvp whiners refusing to go to other servers where there was no queue, lol...and all the fake "my account has been hacked" threads, lol.... just WoW fanboys trying to derail this game

I have been hearing this comment more and more and more..."how can anybody go back to WoW after playing Rift?"

A new day has dawned in the mmo gaming world...and a new sheriff has walked into town...the name is RIFT. Goodbye WoW...it was fun while it lasted
    I could have said that with fewer words, and a symbol.

Rift > WoW. Thank you and good bye.

Rift is pretty good but in no way or shape the best MMO of all time. "Best of" is a subjetive term that reveals more about the person claiming it than the real value of the product in question.

EvE players will tell you that EvE is the best of all time
    UO players will tell you that UO is the best of all time
    DAOC players will tell you that DAOC is the best of all time
    GW players will tell you that GW is the best of all time

Rift Disciple

Whatever you like are and currently playing is always the best.

The UO players would be right.

I'm gonna say No. Good game but not the best of all time.

Playing rift right now doesn't feel as good as playing wow 6 years ago.

Good for you, OP
    Last edited by Pinkerton; 03-15-2011 at 03:57 AM.

Don't flame me but I disagree.

Rift is better than Wow, I will agree to that but both games pale in comparison to my top 8 mmos.

1. EvE
    2. UO
    3. SWG
    4. DAoC
    5. EQ
    6. Shadowbane
    7. Anarchy Online
    8. AC1
    9. RIFT
    10.LotRO

Sword of Telara

Best is very subjective. Its a great game but the best game hasn't been invented yet and it never will be. Since a new best game will always be coming out.

I remember when pong was the best game out there

Rift Disciple

The same was said of AOC, of Aion, of Warhammer Online, and many others. It is amazing that people can repeat the same mistakes over and over again, and seemingly never learn.

Rift had promise at the beginning, but it has turned out to be a mediocre game that will last a month or two and then decline the same way that AOC, Aion and Warhammer did. The warning signs are already visible and you would have to be a very blind fanboy to ignore them. Sorry if that sounds harsh but I was a blind fanboy like you once. But I now know this game has no future sadly.

Anyone who disagrees that UO was is and always will be the best obviously never played T2A era.

I think it is one of the greatest. Even though I didn't like WoW that game was good and better than all others out there. Now Rift came. Improving on what WoW created and adding to it. So, imo this is now the top dog.

Enough with these pointless love/hate Rift threads. The truth is that this game is similar to many MMO's in many ways and different in some ways. If you prefer Rift to whatever game you were playing before, then just get on with playing it. If you don't like Rift, then go play something else instead.

Now can we please stop this and keep the forum for actually discussing the game itself, instead of cluttering it up with pointless threads by fanbois and haters?

... and yes, I am aware of the irony invoked by me answering this thread, before anyone points it out.

Telaran

WTB a bucket please

Obviously what someone considers "best" is subjective.

I consider one of the best console games of all time to be ICO. Everyone has their own opinion.
    Instead of wasting you time pointing out the obvious, why not add to the thread and chime in with yours?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast