+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: I'm calling this right now...Rift best mmo of All Time

Quote Originally Posted by Riftingforthewin View Post
    The same was said of AOC, of Aion, of Warhammer Online, and many others. It is amazing that people can repeat the same mistakes over and over again, and seemingly never learn.

Rift had promise at the beginning, but it has turned out to be a mediocre game that will last a month or two and then decline the same way that AOC, Aion and Warhammer did. The warning signs are already visible and you would have to be a very blind fanboy to ignore them. Sorry if that sounds harsh but I was a blind fanboy like you once. But I now know this game has no future sadly.
    Ok im just gonna laugh at this for a sec
    *LOL*
    done..
    why would u say that u "used to be" a blind fanboy for a game that in release have been out for just 2 weeks??
    either ur a MMO ***** that cant see the same place more then 1 time or ur talking crap..
    i have very little faith in ur words im sorry...

how often do u change ur cloths and car and house?
    cause im thinking
    cloths: 2-4 times a day (never the same goes back with it to the store the other day.. *sry dident fit*)
    car: rental.. new one each week
    house: rental.. new one each month

if u feel like u played out an mmo in 2 weeks
    then i expect u got atleast 1 lvl 50, and done Greenscale's Blight at least 10 runs
    and if im not wrong then there is a weekly reset on that thing right?
    plus you should have explored every little bit of the game..

but well sucks to be you if u cant enjoy a game for what it is
    and i can say this..
    u will never find a game that pleases you, cause creating a map to a world isn't a 10 sec job
    if you grow tired of a game map in 1 or 2 days then sadly there will never be an mmo for you

ever heard of single player?
    got cheats and everything that u can use
    possible to finish quicker then mmo's too..

Or even.. heard or this new game called *GaL / Get a Life*??
    the gfx is stunning
    the map is HUGE, like i guarantee u wont have been to every little inch of it before ur char is dead
    their even making expansions like *The Moon* and *Mars* whole new places to explore
    tho sadly those expansions are really expensive and not something for you i guess

and they got some cool bosses to beat too like
    DT: Donald Trump
    BG: Bill Gates
    SJ: Steve Jobs
    BO: Barack Obama
    and thats just a few of them.. there is a lot more.. GOGOGO finish that game

Peace *laughing my *** of XD.. sorry*
    Sakura
    Last edited by Machowden; 03-15-2011 at 05:36 AM.
    http://files1.guildlaunch.net/guild/library/113504/Defiant.png
    Bloodiron EU PvP
    Sakura - Cleric
    Gaara - Mage
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...-Noobs-A-Fable
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...nderstand-them
    People need to see these links!

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Jetsun View Post
    It has to be said...we are all thinking it. We don't want to admit it...but it's in the back of our minds while playing this masterpiece. It's just unbelieveable that this game is that good...how can this be? How can any mmo be better than WoW?

We all knew this day would come...the mmo that would actually put the stake in the heart of that vampire of a game World of Warcraft. WoW is in the coffin and being lowered into the ground as I type this...only thing left to do is throw flowers on the casket as it's being buried and have someone read over a once great game...dust to dust ..ashes to ashes...etc...

Rift is quite possibly the best launch in history of mmo's except for the pvp whiners refusing to go to other servers where there was no queue, lol...and all the fake "my account has been hacked" threads, lol.... just WoW fanboys trying to derail this game

I have been hearing this comment more and more and more..."how can anybody go back to WoW after playing Rift?"

A new day has dawned in the mmo gaming world...and a new sheriff has walked into town...the name is RIFT. Goodbye WoW...it was fun while it lasted
    Rift is good, its fun.
    It wont kill Wow.
    Its not going to be the powerhouse like WOW.
    We will be lucky to see 200-250K subs in 6-8 months IMO, but thats enough to run a MMO, well al least enough to run Eve Online for all these years.

The game is far from perfect, it has some minor issues like any new MMO, and the coming months will tell how good the Devs will be at fixing/patching things.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Jarlaxle Daerthe View Post
    The UO players would be right.
    It still amazes me how no game to date has been able to equal UO's skill system. No levels, no epics, just me and my trusty silver vanquishing sword of dragon slaying ;P

Rift probably is the "best" MMO currently. Just from a perspective of development and sophistication of gameplay concepts. What I mean is that this iteration of gameplay displayed in Rift is the culmination of what the genre had/has to offer thus far. And of course, visually & performance wise it's the best MMO out right now.

It seems a lot of folks confuse "best" with "perfect", and that just can never really be possible. Of course. the term "best" being highly subjective as well. Naturally.

My favorite MMO wasn't the best, it was the one I personalty found the most fun. :)

I'm enjoying Rift, but there's no way I can agree that it's the best of all time. It's too derivative. Playing it reminds me of how corporate, conservative thinking comes to dominate most creative industries that hit the big time. That's when you get the same successful formulas repeated over and over until the life is drained from them. Think Hollywood and the music industry. We've had the same approach in mmo's for a few years now, and the mold needs to be broken.
    Last edited by Vulpus; 03-15-2011 at 06:19 AM. Reason: Typo

Anything is better than WoW at this point; so it it isn't really a comparison.

That being said, I like RIFT more than I liked WoW at launch.
    Oh no, I herp'd my derp. --Ghostcrawler

Trion should improve their customer support. Imo that is the only downside atm.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Meleoffs View Post
    Rift > WoW. Thank you and good bye.
    I think I did enjoy the WoW launch more, though. But probably only because I was new to MMOs at the time.
    Feral <Blade and Quill> @EU-Bloodiron

Default An opinion is an opinion is an opinion

Some LOVE this game... some not so much... and others flat out hate it.

Each and every one of them have the right to their opinions.

RIFT may not be the "All time best" as only history will be the judge of this when comparing the number of players and the amount of time the game stays running.

To me though, RIFT is amazing... there are still a few things to be worked out... things to be tweeked... but the potential for greatness remains... and to me RIFT has earned my dedicated praises, even if it earns me the title of "fanboy"... although I would be more inclined (genetically speaking) to "fangal".

Quote Originally Posted by Riftingforthewin View Post
    The same was said of AOC, of Aion, of Warhammer Online, and many others. It is amazing that people can repeat the same mistakes over and over again, and seemingly never learn.

Rift had promise at the beginning, but it has turned out to be a mediocre game that will last a month or two and then decline the same way that AOC, Aion and Warhammer did. The warning signs are already visible and you would have to be a very blind fanboy to ignore them. Sorry if that sounds harsh but I was a blind fanboy like you once. But I now know this game has no future sadly.
    Wtf?

I have been playing 8 HRS for 19 days in a row now (Since headstart) I have a Lv. 50 on Defiant side and a Lv. 22 rogue on guardian side which I'm getting up now.

Now see, there's still about 3days ingame time back on the rogue.. then I got all the achievements to get, thats about 20 days ingame time.. then the raids/dungeons..

Dude I wont run out of stuff to do for months and I'm pretty hardcore playing 8hrs a day..
    |i5 2500K@ 5GHz 1.4V 24/7 Custom Water|
    |ASUS P8P67 Deluxe|
    |8GB G-Skill 1866 mhz CL9 1.55v|
    |EVGA GF 460GTX Superclocked 768mb |SLI| 763/1800|

Shadowlander

Not even close to being the best mmo of all time, even if there was a way to rate that since it's entirely subjective. Better than most at launch? Yes, possibly. Do I see it becoming a hit game that lives past the 1 year mark? Not really no. It might just hold people's attention till guild wars 2 comes out but that's about as far as I see this going.

Once again, the games that try to do things differently attracted few players.

So when game players say, "I want this totally creative and unique game!!", I tend to take that with a grain of salt when looking at the myriad of games (in the MMO genre & otherwise) which did try to be different and got like no support.

Just as seeking the advice of a musician is worthless w/r/t music critique, seeking he opinion of a gamer is worthless w/r/t game critique.

Evolution > Revolution.
    Last edited by titansgrip; 03-15-2011 at 06:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsantilas View Post
    Not even close to being the best mmo of all time, even if there was a way to rate that since it's entirely subjective. Better than most at launch? Yes, possibly. Do I see it becoming a hit game that lives past the 1 year mark? Not really no. It might just hold people's attention till guild wars 2 comes out but that's about as far as I see this going.
    I sensed the GW2 fanboyism before I finished the first sentence. I was right.

You have to be pretty ignorant to believe Rift will "die" in less than a year. Is it the best of all time? Certainly not. That's entirely subjective anyway. As far as currently-available modern MMOs, it is clearly a strong contender, and I believe it can compete with WoW for mainstream MMO subs. That still doesn't make it the best. But to believe the game will "die" so soon after such a strong beta and launch? Its almost comical.

As for GW2, I have zero interest. Please, go have fun with it.

Banned

I am currently lvl 30 and each zone that I go into ...the game just gets better and better...it's quite amazing and astonishing that while playing the game you think to yourself...man these guys made a great game...these guys and gals at Trion are good

For the first time I am participating in raids on a regular basis. I never did that in WoW or AoC or LOTR because of various reasons. It takes too long to get a raid together for one thing....However, in this game you just click Join Public Group and you in...simple, easy... and every effective. The game automatically assigns you to a raid grouping...you don't have to do anything but fight! The tanks know their role and the healers and dps know theirs.

Join Public Group is the greatest raid concept in history of mmo's, thanks Trion! The game is amazing looking and the pet pathing is absolutely the best in any mmo I ever played. I have not once had an issue with my pet getting stuck or lost no matter how hard I tried. My pet simply follows me everywhere and is always with me....I am climbing up and down, jumping over things ...but my pet is always by my side

We are all taking alot of what the game has to offer for granted...it is going right over alot of peoples heads. This is no accident that the game is this good....it is a testament to the team at Trion. They obviously busted their behinds for a long time to put out a product like this...at launch even! Amazing job they did...astounding

I am grateful that a game like this exists. The visuals are stunning...the landscaping, artwork, spell effects...the vast variety of creatures in the game are amazing to look at. This game uses the terrain to the utmost while doing quests. High up in the hills and into caves and what not and everywhere you look a quest could be there

I still got 20 lvls to go and more exploring to do... After that I will make alts and do it again! Well worth the money and monthly subscription cost. I still stand by my original statement...best mmo I ever played and best mmo of all time

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon View Post
    I sensed the GW2 fanboyism before I finished the first sentence. I was right.

You have to be pretty ignorant to believe Rift will "die" in less than a year. Is it the best of all time? Certainly not. That's entirely subjective anyway. As far as currently-available modern MMOs, it is clearly a strong contender, and I believe it can compete with WoW for mainstream MMO subs. That still doesn't make it the best. But to believe the game will "die" so soon after such a strong beta and launch? Its almost comical.

As for GW2, I have zero interest. Please, go have fun with it.
    My expectations for GW2 are the same as they were for warhammer online, age of conan, Aion, and now Rift. My point was not that I'm a fanboy waiting for guild war 2, but rather that I'm a disappointed gamer waiting for new mmorpg that can finally get it right. I'm ignorant because I believe rift will die in less than a year? Really? Is it that improbable? Just look at these forums. Watch the slow decline of server population ingame. This is AoC/War/Aion all over again. Nothing changes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast