+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why isn't the PvP soul a 4th seperate soul again?

Plane Touched

Default Why isn't the PvP soul a 4th seperate soul again?

That gains its own points through PvP. Why didn't they do that again?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsurin View Post
    That gains its own points through PvP. Why didn't they do that again?
    Why should they? Remember, if you're arguing against the status quo you have to say why your idea is better than what is the current implementation. There is no need for someone to argue in defense if you have no offense.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Keitau View Post
    Why should they? Remember, if you're arguing against the status quo you have to say why your idea is better than what is the current implementation. There is no need for someone to argue in defense if you have no offense.
    I'm not arguing against anything. But if you need me to start an argument to get an answer okay :
    I hate PvPing for gear and i'd rather PvP for something other than what I PvE for. I also hate having to carry 4+ sets of gear on my characters for every build/content i'm about to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsurin View Post
    I'm not arguing against anything. But if you need me to start an argument to get an answer okay :
    I hate PvPing for gear and i'd rather PvP for something other than what I PvE for. I also hate having to carry 4+ sets of gear on my characters for every build/content i'm about to do.

and still this affects the idea of the PvP soul being or not being one of the normal 3 how ?!

Precept
    Gaming in the Multiverse

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by paspinall View Post
    and still this affects the idea of the PvP soul being or not being one of the normal 3 how ?!
    By giving us a reward thats not gear? didn't you read.

Telaran

Haven't really thought about it before now. Can't say I really agree or disagree with it, but some thoughts on having it be completely separate as a soul:

1. Could make points in it completely separate
    2. Might make it easier to balance PvP without affecting PvE with balance changes? This might make the PvE and PvPers happy and make it easier for Trion to try out balancing changes.
    3. Perhaps could only be using a role with a PvP soul when in an area where PvP is possible

*shrug* dunno if its a good idea or not, but the OP didn't seem to want to make any arguments without being harsh, so I figured I'd give it a shot =]

Telaran

That's already part of the game. To actually fill up the PvP soul you do need to PvP. Why take something away just to give it back - why not just add something new to PvP for if you want something besides gear? Realm (faction) abilities, alternate advancement (PvP flavored) and so on.

Plane Touched

Because then there would be no point in it existing?

You already get better gear through prestige ranks. Losing a normal soul to get the benefits from a PVP soul is the sacrifice you have to make.

Plane Touched

I actually like this idea. The whole point of mixing 3 souls to customize your character loses steam when one soul more or less has to be a pvp soul with points invested.

Quote Originally Posted by xPencilx View Post
    I actually like this idea. The whole point of mixing 3 souls to customize your character loses steam when one soul more or less has to be a pvp soul with points invested.
    Yeah it sucks having to sacrifice a pve utility soul to achieve pvp utility. A separate soul with separate points would be so much better.~

Also, how does it lose steam when you're customizing a pvp soul to compliment your build? Same concept really, just less extra pew pew buttons.
    Just when you think you're right, stop right there and don't go any further. It'll save time.

because PVP is an afterthought in this game
    PVPers are only thrown table scraps so you will continue to sub
    and they can make more and better PVE content
    Its easier to get what you want
    with a kind word and a gun
    then just a kind word--
    Al Capone

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Quakereject View Post
    Yeah it sucks having to sacrifice a pve utility soul to achieve pvp utility. A separate soul with separate points would be so much better.~

Also, how does it lose steam when you're customizing a pvp soul to compliment your build? Same concept really, just less extra pew pew buttons.
    Because you have to have it. Instead of throwing together 3 classes of your choice, you basically have to use pvp soul + 2 other souls. Limits the amount of unique viable builds.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Shintu View Post
    because PVP is an afterthought in this game
    PVPers are only thrown table scraps so you will continue to sub
    and they can make more and better PVE content
    Which is weird concidering population is equally split between PvP and PvE servers and I'm ready to bet the majority of players on PvE servers enjoy PvE and just hate being ganked.

My bigest concern with pvp soul is it will handicap player to much not to have one.
    If it is the case this tree doesnt look like a "more choice" anymore.

My theory is Trion implemented this tree not as a bonus for us but as an easy way for them to balance pvp - small number of abilities, mostly numerical bonuses and you have to sacrifice abilities from other trees. If they would go any further this way we would end up with just two "fire modes" like in fps.

In conclusion, i dont like idea of pvp tree as a choice for one of three basic trees, especially as a RPG PVP server player where i constantly do both pvp and pve at the same time. Trion will probably never balance pvp one way or another so its just pointless to implement so soulless soul ;-)

Rift Disciple

The only change that needs to take place IMO is that you should be able to place 51 points into one tree, and then the full 21 into the pvp soul.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast