+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Rift Feature Guide

Thank you Irongamer for the article from GameZone.

I like non-consensual PVP - if there is a purpose. Ganking people just to show you can is a bit lame imo and it will affact what classes players will choose.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxy View Post
    Yes, I remember reading that when the rifts open up, while everyone is fighting, that you may have to watch your back, as another faction, may stab you while your fighting off a mob, trying to protect the realm.
    I just hope we'll be able to know ahead of time which rifts or areas where this might occur. I can't stand non-consensual PvP. Some jerk is always going to be bent on nothing more than ruining people's fun, and if Rifts are a major aspect of the game...they shouldn't allow them to be ruined by griefers on an otherwise PvE server.
    "Behind this mask, there's an idea... and ideas are bulletproof." -V for Vendetta

forums - Fozzik's Hardware
    blog - The Last Bastion

Might I suggest ordering the first list alphabetically? That way people won't get confused once the info starts to pour in.

Quote Originally Posted by Protos View Post
    Might I suggest ordering the first list alphabetically? That way people won't get confused once the info starts to pour in.
    Yeah, as the categories started to pop in I started thinking the same thing. I'll see what I can do.

Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Acany View Post
    I like non-consensual PVP - if there is a purpose. Ganking people just to show you can is a bit lame imo and it will affect what classes players will choose.
    They could do the warhammer approach, and with as many of those guys from Mythic that hopped onto this game I wouldn't be surprised if they dont follow it in this idea

In warhammer if you were over the areas level cap as an evil person to the faction you would then be turned into a 1 shot chicken. I never got lvl disparity ganked in Warhammer, but group zerg ganking is a different story. I would hope they impliment this becuase nothing is worse than being lvl 20 and having some !&@&&#^^$#@^^@&&!^@ come and kill you thats lvl 80 when you are trying to quest in a very very bad mmo called WoW

Well, the categories are alphabetical. Anchors would make it even cleaner. I have sent a PM asking if they are willing to setup a couple of new BB tags for anchor and jumpto. *crosses fingers*

Excellent thread !

Great idea

Added new review, updated guide.

New review at MMORG.com

Couple of interesting notes:
    • 10 and 20 man raids confirmed.
    • Quests from an instance are automatically given to the player the instant they step into the instance.
      "We assume," Simon said, "that if you're inside the dungeon you're probably going to bloody well want the quests. So we give them to you."
    • Rifts open randomly or by things done by players in game.
      "As an example Simon mentioned that the team could set it so that one day after players in an area had collected a certain amount of loot a Rift might open, or it could be based on the completion of an instance. A small party beats a boss and this triggers a Rift to open somewhere. Obviously the possibilities are near limitless, and they really wanted us to know that Rifts aren't just Public Quests with a fancy graphic. They don't always happen in the same way, they don't always happen in the same place, and they don't always happen for the same reasons."

Doc

supported by another first of its kind -- an in-game world map designed like Google Maps.
    http://www.curse.com/articles/rift-news/726688.aspx

Doc

I also caught glimpse of a couple classes at character select: Champion, Shaman, Warlock and Assassin. It's entirely possible these are faction alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Jingcha View Post
    I also caught glimpse of a couple classes at character select: Champion, Shaman, Warlock and Assassin. It's entirely possible these are faction alternatives.
    Nice catches Jingcha.

Guide has been updated.

Official Rift Fan Site Operator Ciovala's Avatar

One of the better previews: http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/riftpl...ml?sid=6260863. Goes into quests, rifts, discusses a dungeon, and many other things.

A wiki is only as good as its contributors won't you help?
    The original Rift Wiki - EN DE FR
    [Add a guild] [Add an Item] [Add a Quest]

Quote Originally Posted by Ciovala View Post
    One of the better previews: http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/riftpl...ml?sid=6260863. Goes into quests, rifts, discusses a dungeon, and many other things.
    And it says that we will no longer have the "freeform multi-classing system" :\

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast