Closed Thread

Thread: No keyloggers have been detected by anyone SO WHERE IS THE PROOF?

Default No keyloggers have been detected by anyone SO WHERE IS THE PROOF?

System scans galore. Hacked accounts abound. Accusations, speculation and assumptions.

Where is the proof?

***EDIT: No parsers, no fan site email signups, no plat purchase, strong passwords, all the latest protection. Only site I ever used was zam's character builder online.

NEVER been compromised since 1999.

Something else is going on.
    Last edited by Qoala; 03-13-2011 at 02:02 PM.

Soulwalker

I'm at a loss myself. No infected files.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Qoala View Post
    System scans galore. Hacked accounts abound. Accusations, speculation and assumptions.

Where is the proof?

***EDIT: No parsers, no fan site email signups, no plat purchase, strong passwords, all the latest protection. Only site I ever used was zam's character builder online.

NEVER been compromised since 1999.

Something else is going on.
    It's called lying. That's what hacked people do.

I see no point in this thread, other than inciting arguments.

/popcorn.
    Sunrest PvP-RP
    Chip, Guardian Cleric

Win7 64bit I5 760 3.6 GHz 12 GB DDR3 Dual ATI Radeon HD Crossfire 5670 Alienware OptX 21.5'' HD 1920x1080

Soulwalker

It's more then likely something on there side. They must of been hacked and are to proud to admit its to widespread to be a keylogger since a good portions of those hacked never been to fansites and are not plat buyers. All I know is they better figure something out fast at this rate by month's end everyone going to be compromised. And no one will want to sub to a game with the odds of hacking being higher then the odd of being a killed in a car accident.

Prophet of Telara

Some of you simply don't understand end users...

Some of us have never said that the problem is definitely not on Trion's end, we've simply said it's FAR more likely to be something on the end user's PC. It's just simple logic, experience, and troubleshooting knowledge that tells us that.

Here's the deal with Viruses, Trojans, and Keyloggers... they're designed to NOT be detected by virus scans, and malware programs. Wrap your brains around that for a moment.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Shakk View Post
    It's more then likely something on there side. They must of been hacked and are to proud to admit its to widespread to be a keylogger since a good portions of those hacked never been to fansites and are not plat buyers. All I know is they better figure something out fast at this rate by month's end everyone going to be compromised. And no one will want to sub to a game with the odds of hacking being higher then the odd of being a killed in a car accident.
    I certainly hope the odds of me being hacked are higher than being in a car accident.

Bik

Hi everyone,

We already have several ongoing discussions about this topic. If you'd like to share your thoughts, you'll find the main discussion threads here:

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...me-other-means

We're going to close this thread and ask that this discussion continue in one of the threads linked above so we can keep the discussions about this topic a little better consolidated.

As a friendly reminder, we do recommend using the forum search function (searching in thread titles works best) and checking through the last couple pages to see if there is already an existing thread about a topic you'd like to discuss. When topic discussions are consolidated, it not only makes it easier to use the search function, but it also aids the Rift Community and Development Teams when reading the forums and gathering feedback from your posts, ideas, and concerns.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@riftgame.com.

Thank you!

Closed Thread